It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venus can be deceptive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I just wanted to share this little film a made last night. It shows Venus, it was made with a cellular phone and my intention was to show how easy one can be fouled by Venus. Everybody should learn to “read” the sky, and the arc that bright planets (like Venus or Jupiter) follows.

edit on 1/7/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed video limk

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 2timesOO

Link is not working

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Your link isn't working. You need to copy the string that comes after "v=" and paste it into the box that comes up when you press the "Youtube" button.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Here's OP's video:

And...

Venus also here.....
edit on 7-1-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

It's worth pointing out that the "crystalline structure" is due to the arrangement of sensors on the camera's CCD. (Charge Coupled Device.)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

It's worth pointing out that the "crystalline structure" is due to the arrangement of sensors on the camera's CCD. (Charge Coupled Device.)

Absolutely right! Thanks for the precision.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I'm trying to remember the last time we had a "diamond" UFO video pop up on ATS.

I think it's been a while.

That's a good thing!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I know what you mean about Venus OP. It's been really HUGE and BRIGHT here over London the last few nights! When it first caught my eye I even thought I saw it move (this was down to the clouds in front of it moving)
I even had to check my phones starmap to make sure what I was looking at wasn't all that freaky!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Venus is used too many times as an excuse to debunk certain cases, even when its obvious it was not venus
But its the same with many cases when it comes to de-bunkers. Take the coyne ufo case De-bunkers said what they saw was a meteor. They completly ignored what the witnesess said and came to their own conclusions.

This happens too many times

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

You mean 'fooled' not 'fouled' right?

You know, I really really have to wonder if these non-contrails that are traipsing our skies, aren't indeed changing the atmosphere. Because nothing for nothin'......many of the celestial bodies are illuminating like crystal prisms lately.
I mean, have you checked out some of the stars? Not sure which stars exactly (Arcturus maybe?) They have color to them that I've never seen before. Even our planets are emitting colors too.

Oh for the love of gawd. This is why people are so stuck on stupid. I went to look up 'stars' and on this official "Stars in our Sky" website, they are saying our planets are stars

www.scopecity.net...

These are PLANETS not STARS!!!!!!
Morons!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
You mean 'fooled' not 'fouled' right?

No fouled is more appropriate...

I for one am getting fed up with all these uber skeptics posting NON UFO videos in the UFO Alien thread. Since this is a video of VENUS, put it in the SCIENCE section...

Its NOT a UFO
Stop cluttering the topic

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

They haven't updated the fact that Venus is gone!

Morons!!

edit on 7/1/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I for one am getting fed up with all these uber skeptics posting NON UFO videos in the UFO Alien thread. Since this is a video of VENUS, put it in the SCIENCE section...

Its NOT a UFO Stop cluttering the topic

The idea is to prevent the forum being cluttered with easily identified items, like Venus, in the belief that they are UFOs.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

If you're talking about the pixellated effect at 00:13, that's what it looks like to me too.

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I'm trying to remember the last time we had a "diamond" UFO video pop up on ATS.

I think it's been a while.

That's a good thing!
You're right Chad, I don't recall seeing one for a while either. That's usually due to the shape of the camera's aperture.

reply to post by zorgon

Its NOT a UFO Stop cluttering the topic
The idea is to prevent the forum being cluttered with easily identified items, like Venus, in the belief that they are UFOs.
I recall reading somewhere that Venus is very commonly reported as a UFO. So I agree, it doesn't hurt to educate people about how easily it not only can be, but has been mistaken for a UFO.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I recall reading somewhere that Venus is very commonly reported as a UFO. So I agree, it doesn't hurt to educate people about how easily it not only can be, but has been mistaken for a UFO.

And it has also been used to debunk ufo cases, when in these cases, it clearly was not venus. Its a get out card for debunkers

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

No doubt about that, but that's probably an inescapable result of the fact that so many of the cases debunked as Venus actually were Venus...but no doubt it was inappropriately applied in some cases.

One case I've always wondered about was President Jimmy Carter's sighting, which some people tried to claim was likely Venus, though Carter insisted it wasn't. Unfortunately when you file your report of your sighting 4 years after your sighting, and you're not even sure of the date of the sighting, it's pretty much a hopeless cause to determine if Venus was in that part of the sky at the time of the sighting. The best thing would have been to go look at a star/planet chart right after the sighting (now we'd use Stellarium), or at least file the report right away so we'd know the correct date/time. Sadly, we'll never know in the case of Carter's sighting due to the uncertainty.

edit on 7-1-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

So instead it is better to clutter the UFO area with non UFO's instead?

So maybe I should do a thread on objects identified as UFOs too... like these

I really like this one

Much better than that tired old "Its Venus" excuse you uber skeptics use like a broken record

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So maybe I should do a thread on objects identified as UFOs too... like these

Please do. Far be it for me to dictate what people should be able to post!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
THAT is why THIS thread was created....
However, I find most people are very very lazy and refuse to do any research themselves on what they may have seen. Their desire for their object to be identified as extraterrestrial can cloud all logic......

Stellarium and even Google Sky (for one's smartphone) are the best sources to see what is up there at your location, time and date. No reason to be confused if you use both of those sources.

All the other sources on that thread will list other resources for various misidentified "things"....
edit on January 9th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join