It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RunawayTeen lies, gets deported, or Teen to return for lying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
that is right a Runaway Teen lies, then gets deported, then returns for lying abcnews.go.com...-eaT ok DHS TSA ICE what were you thinking?? from the link

A Texas teenager who was deported to Colombia in May after claiming to be an illegal immigrant was back in the United States on Friday and at the center of an international mystery over how a minor could be sent to a country where she is not a citizen.
well she did get a free trip

Her family has questioned why U.S. officials didn't do more to verify her identity and say she is not fluent in Spanish and had no ties to Colombia. While many facts of the case involving Jakadrien Lorece Turner remain unclear, U.S. and Colombian officials have pointed fingers over who is responsible.
you did it... no your the one that did it .. no you did it... [can you not see this??]

Jakadrien arrived in Dallas on Friday evening and was reunited with her family. She was flanked by her mother, grandmother and law enforcement when she emerged from the international gate at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport shortly before 10 p.m.
should it be welcome home or , nice try to fool ICE?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Sounds like a "grass is greener on the other side of the fence" issue.

Confused teenager.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Kid is a criminal but ICE dropped the ball...shoddy policework , look for a lawsuit from the parents in the next few days.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
They should have left the little tramp there! IMHO!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Similar case happened here in Australia some years back to a German born Australian citizen. She sued and won, received a cool $million+ in compensation.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

A Texas teenager who was deported to Colombia in May after claiming to be an illegal immigrant was back in the United States on Friday and at the center of an international mystery over how a minor could be sent to a country where she is not a citizen.

To be fair, she didn't "claim" she was an illegal immigrant. She made up a name on the spot to not be sent home, and WOW, did she mess up there. Chose the name of someone who was wanted, who happened to be an illegal. Knowing that she is ok now, it's kind of funny. I can picture lots of people trying something like this.

A friend of mine got pulled over by the cops, and he had a warrant for a ticket, so he said he was his brother. Turned out, his brother had 3 times the tickets, he got hauled into jail, and had to pay $600 worth of tickets to get out.

Glad she didn't get hurt, she was gone for around 7 or 8 months. Life in Columbia was likely a little tougher than she was used to. She probably learned some Spanish, and lots of street smarts.

I hope her home life is OK, sometimes kids run away for good reasons

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
the point is ICE dropped the ball the DHS dropped the ball, the girl used a fake name , so why did no one run prints? is not the DHS to check this stuff first or do they not care , just say a fake name, hope it is on a deport list, and free ride out of the US or to Git Mo. What if the name she used would have got her a trip to Git Mo[ for you that do not know what Git Mo is or listen to Rush L. here it is facility is often referred to as Guantánamo, G-Bay or Gitmo, and has the military abbreviation GTMO.] this brings up an other question how many has this happened too , she can not be the only one , have some wanted person , for.. lets say speeding tickets used a name on the Git Mo list and found them selves there?.
edit on 7-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

To be fair, she didn't "claim" she was an illegal immigrant. She made up a name on the spot to not be sent home, and WOW, did she mess up there. Chose the name of someone who was wanted, who happened to be an illegal. Knowing that she is ok now, it's kind of funny. I can picture lots of people trying something like this.

A friend of mine got pulled over by the cops, and he had a warrant for a ticket, so he said he was his brother. Turned out, his brother had 3 times the tickets, he got hauled into jail, and had to pay $600 worth of tickets to get out.

Glad she didn't get hurt, she was gone for around 7 or 8 months. Life in Columbia was likely a little tougher than she was used to. She probably learned some Spanish, and lots of street smarts.

She didn't just make that name up. There is no freaking way. It's likely someone gave her that name. Probably got caught up in human trafficking.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Prints? Do you think that everyone's finger prints is in some kind of system? they're not. She lied about who she was, claimed to be an illegal immigrant and got deported. ICE or DHS should have questioned her further, she would have broke and admitted who and where she was from. But she got deported, which frankly I find hilarious, and Columbia accepted her without ever questioning who she was. It should have been plain she wasn't from Columbia??

Personally I think she should have to reimburse the Government for the cost of the deportation. Though I'm sure the family will get a nice settlement from the Government.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

why yes they are , now any way form the time you are born till the time you die your prints are some where, most of the time NCIC www.fas.org... as to how they get it, ok it is mine, yours, and everyones fav search site ..well it is
en.wikipedia.org... yes she was a runaway and what does NCIC do? besides that is it not required all deportees get finger printed as to know if they are wanted or not? and to be on some file so if they do come back they the GOV or FED can say oh your a repeat?

edit on 7-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

This is why when asked by a cop for my name it's Nunya, Nunya Damn Bidness, can't be confused with any living being lol.
edit on 7-1-2012 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

top topics

join