It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yearning for the old days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This topic makes me angry to my bones but thats immature in itself so I'll try and keep a cool head. I've never been one for nostalgia I'm always looking forward to the future for a better and brighter times. Call me a romantic or naive optimist.

Anyways I just hate it when someone talks about how it would be good if all technology would be gone, as they say that on the Internet one of our greatest technological achievements ever. For some reason people who are fond of the days back when we lived in huts and only lived to 40 at most and were on the feudal system of government think that would be the best. Look I get it nature is a amazing, I used to live in the thick of it, and experienced all the biomes of the earth when I lived in California. The slopes of the summit the dry deserts of Mojave, the forest in Yosemite. When I traveled across America in the a cramp Seda and I got to see everything, the thick foliage in Arkansas, the grand canyon, and the tropics of the Caribbean in Catalina. Finally, I wouldn't trade the world for the memories of camping at the lakes with my friends.

However you know what blew me away? Cities, the things man-made blew nature out of the water for me. The raw creation and the wonders of bending metal and lumber into great towers. When our family got our first computer and we were on dial up at the time and a whole world of people and cultures opened up to me. Knowledge and art from everywhere at my finger tips. See rockets on the telly breaching the heavens and going to space, satellites that we can access and they take you anywhere. Vehicles that soar the sky, mocking the birds and touching the clouds.

I'm not asking you to agree with me, all I want you to see is my perspective. Cause I believe thats one of the many things Internet is for, to help you grasp the perspectives each culture and individual seen. Because the way I see it, the things we create and experience is something special and great. We can achieve more than a mere existence. We can understand and use that understanding. Everything we have imagine has become possible and someday will become possible.

Thanks for reading

Mcupobob.

edit on 1/7/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I know you posted this in the "Rant" section but...

Poets are gods...

This is the most poetical rant I have ever seen/heard/felt

I vote this the best rant ever written on ATS.
edit on 7-1-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Really? I'll tell you what I told the judge. "If I am arrested ONE MORE TIME I will defend myself with all of the knowledge that I learned in Navy Seal training"! I have not been to court in 5 years, although I am $45,000. in the hole for back child support and damn near live in the woods. I am now disabeled and awaiting my 1st hearing. If I am denied a 2nd time. I am going to hang myself in front of the court house with a note in my pocket. Be prepared, I will expose these crooked assholes one way or the other!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AnswerSeeker2012

That all sucks and I'm sorry for you, but I'm not sure how it relates at all to what I'm talking about? In less you're talking about how things were better before their was courts, law, and child support?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnswerSeeker2012
I am going to hang myself

Don't do that. I've never met you and yet I feel your pain (somehow). We have a saying in my culture, let me take your pain away (2 words in my language).

On topic:

I was born in 1980 and I always wish I was born earlier to experience life without all the gadgets and distractions. When I was a kid we had 8 channels on the tv (Russia) and I can't remember watching it that often. There was too much going on in real life to waste on watching tv. Everything was very simple and quality of life was the best ever. We went from a very simple life with intelligent well rounded people to a very complex life with very specialized people.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
You've never stopped to think that despite this physical activity that man is inclined to do because it comes easy and and is completely natural in origin that there is something greater than tinkering with Nature?

Have you never had a meaningful and understanding talk with someone that has attained true meditative enlightenment? I'm not speaking about a run-of-the-mill meditator, but someone that has moved into the pure knowing the "All-is-One" state?

If not, perhaps you need to quit looking at some much scenery. There is more to existence and "what is" than looking at physical works of man or even bees at a flower.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I don't just look at it I experience everyday if I can. As for meditation and "oneness" I'm just not a spiritual person at all. I know some people are and I respect that but I would just feel silly meditating. The world has always been mechanical to me, even when I experienced nature that to was mechanical too me.

new topics

top topics

join