It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigar UFO over Lima Peru 01/04/12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'd like everyone's opinion on this UFO video recorded in Lima, Peru on 1/4/12. I'm fairly sure it's not CGI, but it could be some type of aircraft. The light from it could possible be a reflection from the sun, but I'm far from an expert in this field.

It seems to be an authentic filming, but what is it being filmed?....any ideas?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It could be anything. No zoom and no real clear view of it. Could be an airplane taking off. It even looks like it was filmed near an airport?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Hi,

What makes you think this was an UFO. I'm asking because there is absolutely nothing unusual about the object from what I can see on the video. It even has a darker patch right in the middle which is where the wings would be and the reflection from the sun would not occur as much. Some frames, when played full screen, seem to even hint at a plane tail. There's also nothing odd about its flight path (eg: there are not sudden movements or acceleration/deceleration) to indicate it is not a plane. Also, remember that a plane IS cylindrical in shape (or cigar shaped).

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It's an airplane w/ it's landing lights on...being filmed @ an airport no less.

Notice the air traffic control tower in the video.

edit on 6-1-2012 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

I figured that there was a simple answer....just another case of someone posting
a video on youtube.com for attention.

I think you all have debunked yet another so called UFO on youtube.com

edit on 6-1-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by susp3kt

I figured that there was a simple answer....just another case of someone posting
a video on youtube for attention.

What?! That NEVER happens!

It's all good though mate! I appreciate you posting & inquiring.

I used to live right near a major metropolitan airport, and have seen planes approaching & departing from every different direction. The angle at which they're traveling will sometimes mess with your eyes!

Pz

edit on 6-1-2012 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Having lived just a couple miles from Dulles Airport, which means I see air traffic for BWI and Reagan National as well, I can tell you without a doubt that is an airplane. On an average day there are about 15 aircraft in sky at any given time, at varying altitudes. The dark spot in the middle is the wing.

Nevertheless, even with my extensive UFO posts on this site, I'm still going to be called a "shill" am I not?

EDIT: This isn't even cigar-shaped.
edit on 6-1-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I concur with everyone in here. Watching it my very first thought was an airplane and it does appear to be filmed near an airport as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

A lot of people post regular videos with cheeky titles. This is probably one of them.

The fact that it happens next to an airport is not necessarily a disqualifying factor (for example see the recent China airport UFO incident). But as always, there should be something that distinguishes the UFO in either appearance or movement from regular terrestrial air vehicles or optical illusions. If it moves like it could be terrestrial it probably is.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I could release several such "UFO" vids every day on Youtube / ATS if I would start to film airplanes, birds, balloons...

Ko3

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Well, that was a dud. The first UFO video of 2012 and it turns out to be a Boeing 757.

Maybe we will get lucky next month. So far January is a bust.

new topics

top topics

join