It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inventions by Nikola Tesla You Might Not Know Of.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I did a search for the article and came up empty so I decided to share it here.

I've known about Tesla for some time now and am surprised by some of his discoveries/inventions in the article,I think a lot of you will be also.

When I was in school the name Tesla never came up.It was always Edison who got credited as the father of electricity or Marconi for radio. Well this article addresses those issues.

From The Activist Post

The 10 Inventions of Nikola Tesla That Changed The World

Tesla was able to "broadcast" electricity through the air allowing free energy to any user. That's what got him in trouble. I guess the old saying would be true "No good deed goes unpunished".

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Great link. Tesla was an amazing mind, it's too bad that industry and government seemingly tried to roadblock his inventions in the name of $...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by allstarninja

$. Ain't that the truth. I once heard a bible salesman say "It's all about the money boys!".

Welcome to ATS by the way.
edit on 1/6/2012 by dezertdog because: content

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Upon Tesla's death on January 7th, 1943, the U.S. government moved into his lab and apartment confiscating all of his scientific research, and to this day none of this research has been made public.

Sooo… that’s how they got the A-bomb during WWII.

I wish I knew what drove Tesla to create what he did. He was a genius, if I could only view inside his mind for a couple mins... I'd probably learn more than I have in my entire life.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dezertdog

When I was in school the name Tesla never came up.It was always Edison who got credited as the father of electricity or Marconi for radio.

Doesnt it always seems that behind every so-called "great" person whom we are taught about in school, it is always some unnamed person whom did the [color=gold]real actual work to which never gets the credit for it?

The truth always turns out to be that an imposter is the one who got the fame and fortune from another who never gets mentioned.

Makes me think of the [color=gold]modern day commoners of the planet who do the work that makes the world go-round, yet its the few who do NOTHING that actually prosper.

And then these big-shot, do-nothings have the GULL to turn around and call the rest of the world's commoners as "LAZY" as they do nothing but watch us commoners make them money.

What a world.

edit on 6-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
yeah, good move firing him tommy, and thank god we don't have DC power lines all over the country

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

The last one listed should make all the conspiracy theorists smile.

Limitless Free Energy

I also think he's so fondly remembered because he did make things that we the people have and are useful, rather than (and not to diminish either) the more theoretical physicists (?) such as Einstein who gave us...a nice simple equation?
edit on 6/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dezertdog
The 10 Inventions of Nikola Tesla That Changed The World

1. Alternating Current
Tesla didnt invent alternating current. In fact, it was invented before he was even born.

The earliest recorded practical application of alternating current is by Guillaume Duchenne, inventor and developer of electrotherapy. In 1855, he announced that AC was superior to direct current for electrotherapeutic triggering of muscle contractions.

2. Light -- Of course he didn't invent light itself...

3. X-rays
Tesla didnt invent xrays. He did early research, but they were known before.

4. Radio
Tesla didnt invent radio.
Yes, there is a famous battle over patents, but this is nothing to do with the "invention" of radio, which should be credited to the researchers who came before both Edison and Tesla.

Much of the rest of the article is the same.
Tesla was a brilliant genius, so there is no need to lie to people in order to teach them about his contributions to scence.

Number 6 is an astroundingly outragious lie.
Tesla invented the electric motor? In 1930? oh puhleeese...

edit on 6-1-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
From OP Link:

Besides his persecution by corporate-government interests (which is practically a certification of authenticity), there is at least one solid indication of Nikola Tesla's integrity -- he tore up a contract with Westinghouse that was worth billions in order to save the company from paying him his huge royalty payments

Good link. I enjoy reading about Tesla.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

So true. I was taught the Wright brothers were first in manned flight but that honor goes to Otto Lilienthal.

And there could be someone else no one knows about.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Ah, but Einstein remained a friend of the government until his death, whereas Tesla had a conscience and tried to draw the line (i.e. Philly experiment, etc.).

I've said in many different threads that Tesla remains one of the greatest minds throughout all of history and given the chance to spend one day with anyone who has ever lived, it is he who I would choose.

It's so sad that he died alone (at the hands of our government), in virtual poverty and is barely a footnote in the annals of history.

EDIT: Reference to Tesla information (but no mention of governmental assassination of course) Wikipedia.

Notice this reference:

In his final years he suffered from extreme sensitivity to light, sound and other influences.

Great call on your part as these are VERY Aspie characteristics (know from personal experience with family member).

Also, just to cross all "t's" and dot all "i's", here's the reference on Einstein:

Bipolarcentral.com

...What’s more, many famous people like Picasso, Michelangelo and even Albert Einstein had it!

edit on 1/6/2012 by timidgal because: Providing references

edit on 1/6/2012 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Number 6 is an astroundingly outragious lie.
Tesla invented the electric motor? In 1930? oh puhleeese...

What the article is saying is the idea of the invention succumbed in 1930.Tesla invented the first practicable AC motor in 1888 and with it the polyphase power transmission system.

I can see how you could of made the deduction however.
edit on 1/6/2012 by dezertdog because: added qoute

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

I've often wondered if he wasn't maybe perhaps slightly autistic or one of those other (Aspergers?) type mental type afflictions. Like those people that can look at a huge building once for a second or two and then reproduce it perfectly on paper. Or learn the whole telephone book to give a more well-known movie referenced character. (Rain Man)

Regardless of mental aberration or just a gift, he was quite a guy. I read a conspiracy theory that said the copper shortage of 43 (?) was due to him needing thousands and thousands of copper coins for that Philly experiment. That's why there was the steel coin introduced at the time.

And like you mention, murdered at 85 or 86. The version I read said suffocated, no autopsy and cremated quickly.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
He was the Jesus of energy and electricity,

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I think the article is saying that it was Tesla that actually brought certain things to complete physical fruition, not that all the work was done by him. He is well known for being the proponent for AC power as he knew (I would guess) that it was safer or cheaper or more efficient or whatever...than DC which was being pushed by the "competitor" if I remember correctly. Whether said competitor was JP Morgans competitor, JP himself, or a competitor of Tesla I forget the details, I read it long ago but I think you can get the gist.

As for Light.

Of course he didn't invent light itself, but he did invent how light can be harnessed and distributed. Tesla developed and used florescent bulbs in his lab some 40 years before industry "invented" them.

Lighten up a little.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I've often wondered if he wasn't maybe perhaps slightly autistic or one of those other (Aspergers?) type mental type afflictions. Like those people that can look at a huge building once for a second or two and then reproduce it perfectly on paper. Or learn the whole telephone book to give a more well-known movie referenced character. (Rain Man)

I think that many of history's most brilliant minds worked differently than the typical neurotype that most of us possess. You made an excellent point where Tesla is concerned. I believe that Einstein was labeled as being bipolar, capable of unbelievable thought and invention when in an up (or manic) mood or capable of severe sullenness and depression when in a down (or depressed) mood.

Regardless of mental aberration or just a gift, he was quite a guy. I read a conspiracy theory that said the copper shortage of 43 (?) was due to him needing thousands and thousands of copper coins for that Philly experiment. That's why there was the steel coin introduced at the time.

Read the same thing and I think I remember reading that he was successful in thwarting at least one experiment. I read that he hid, watching as they made their preparations, and then unplugged the darn apparatus - can you imagine a cloaking device being dependent upon an electrical outlet? Simplified, I realize, but a humorous mental image nonetheless.

And like you mention, murdered at 85 or 86. The version I read said suffocated, no autopsy and cremated quickly.

Yup - was supposedly meeting with government officials to discuss other significant scientific discoveries and had no idea they were actually governmental hit men. Sends shivers down my spin imagining in my mind's eye his enthusiasm as he explains these breakthroughs of such marvels, only to be left dead, have his writings and plans ransacked and have his discoveries hidden or credited to others.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Tesla was way ahead of his time. There's no telling how many of his inventions are still kept a secret.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starbreaker
Tesla was way ahead of his time. There's no telling how many of his inventions are still kept a secret.

I would not doubt that many black government programs are related to Tesla's stolen research.

Welcome to ATS. You get your first star.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

It sounds like we either read the same book, or the same stories in different books.
He chopped through power cables with an axe to thwart a second misuse of one of his experiments.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Starbreaker

There's a great movie, I think it's called The Illusionist in which this magician hires Tesla to create a teleportation device for him so that he disappears from one location and reappears elsewhere. Tesla tries and tries (using a top hat and a cat as experimental objects) and finally admits that he can't figure out how to tweak the machine correctly because the object won't disappear. As the magician is leaving, he comes upon on area where he finds that Tesla's machine might have failed for his own needs but achieved an even more miraculous one as he comes upon 100's of cloned top hats and cats (of which Tesla was unaware). It was a great flick and if you haven't seen it, I'd highly recommend it. I also have no idea if this was a true event (have never read of it) but I think it's indicative of Tesla's brilliance.

BTW, in the movie, they make reference to a rivalry between Tesla and Thomas Edison who supposedly didn't like Tesla's theory of free energy as it would have made the more commercial and profitable "light bulb" obsolete.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join