It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Time Cloak" Created; Can Make Events Disappear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

"Time Cloak" Created; Can Make Events Disappear

news.nationalgeographic. com

Einstein's theories of relativity suggest that gravity can cause time to slow down. Now scientists have demonstrated a way to stop time altogether—or at least, to give the appearance of time stopping by bending light to create a hole in time.

The new research builds on recent demonstrations of "invisibility cloaks" that can make objects seem to disappear by bending waves of visible light.

The idea is that, if light moves around an object instead of striking it, that light doesn't get scattered and reflected back to an observer, making the object essentially invisible.

Now Cornel University scientists have used a similar concept to create a hole in time, albeit a very short one: The effect lasts around 40 trillionths of a second.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.nationalgeographic.com[/ url]

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread728512/pg1]Space-Time Cloak Possible, Could Make Events Disappear?

EDIT: Mods could you please fix the two links above. The related news and related ATS threads seem to be connecting as one link.
edit on 6-1-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
An article about this was posted on ATS at July 11th, 2011.
Here is the link to the thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, now we have more advancements on this subject and have gone from creating a cloaking device to actually being able to manipulate the concept of time.

The research basically shows that there is a direct connection between light and time, which would support many metaphysical, philosophers' theories.

It is amazing to think what the future will hold for us with this technology already a possibility. I'm starting to believe that eventually everything really will be like some of our favorite scientific movies.

While this experiment is a very basic approach to the concept of invisibility and time-stopping, it still holds truth and will allow for further advancements to take place.

news.nationalgeographic. com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Could it make an event like...Somali pirates attacking Iran in the Strait and the US saving them?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

I don't drink, but I've heard rumors that alcohol can make events disappear as well. Anybody else hear this?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

I don't drink, but I've heard rumors that alcohol can make events disappear as well. Anybody else hear this?

I have experimented extensively with this theory...and it's true...entire days have passed by...disappearing forever!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Already Posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join