It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark Levin, a Neurosurgeon Calls In About Death Panels From Obamacare and HHS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I think you can believe anything you want to.

And the people here believe everything that conforms to their paranoid reality.
I very highly doubt the government published a document where we were referred to as units. Are you afraid that life is so dull, and that not everyone is out to get you?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Now we have socialized medicine and those with private insurance get their lives prolonged and those without it don't.

So? Life is choices. Should have made better choices.

Were you paying attention to the efforts being made to penalize private insurance throughout the discussion of this bill? - more government control with an agenda to phase out private insurance.

Private insurance is a racket and has gotten way out of hand. I'm not sure exactly what was proposed - - - but something needs to be done to break up the private insurance racket.

No, I did not support Obamacare. Any 1,000 plus page document that Nancy Pelosi says: "We have to pass it to find out what is in it." is just crazy.

Who wrote the foundation of Obamacare? The Obama administration didn't.

Also, the government spending is out of control.

You are on Medicare and Social Security. What spending are you referring to?
edit on 6-1-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

No, dear, I don't work. I'm disabled. You want to trust the government, be my guest. Personally, I do believe in FEMA camps and an elite hidden government that is calling the shots, guest that makes me a conspiracy theorist.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I agree the insurance companies do have quite a racket going

You certainly have right to have your opinion, nor am I trying to change your opinion. Pardon me for expressing mine. I do have things to do so I have to go.

In answer to your question about what spending. www.usdebtclock.org...

You can decide for yourself.
edit on 1/6/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: word change

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

No, dear, I don't work. I'm disabled. You want to trust the government, be my guest. Personally, I do believe in FEMA camps and an elite hidden government that is calling the shots, guest that makes me a conspiracy theorist.

Sounds to me - - that your biggest concern is yourself - - and not getting that "life extension".

Because you are on government money.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Sounds to me - - that your biggest concern is yourself - - and not getting that "life extension".

Sorry, you judged wrong. Personally, I can't wait to die and see the God who made me.

I have a problem with the government making decisions on who gets to live and who dies. I am truly sorry about your father, it was inhumane to the max.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Sorry, you judged wrong. Personally, I can't wait to die and see the God who made me.

I have a problem with the government making decisions on who gets to live and who dies. I am truly sorry about your father, it was inhumane to the max.

If you say so.

The government is not making decisions on who lives and dies.

Individuals made that decision by the choices they made in their own lives.

"The father" story - - is a different poster.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

"If you say so."

Thank you for that. Probably, many others here will thank you also. I really don't belong around people like you.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

"If you say so."

Thank you for that. Probably, many others here will thank you also. I really don't belong around people like you.

FACTS: you make a post about the government not medicating and prolonging the life of a person after age 70 if they are on government healthcare.

YOU are on government healthcare.

I am also on government healthcare. I do not see why a government should have to pay to prolong life after age 70.

Life is choices. If I'd made wise choices about my future - - I would not be on government healthcare. It is MY FAULT I did not make wiser choices throughout my life. Oh yeah! I enjoyed those designer clothes - new cars - vacations - etc. - - it was sure fun at the time. How is that the governments responsibility? I chose to spend that money on frivolity - - - rather then build up a retirement fund.

People like me! Oh the shame!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

You make a good point. But, when are we going to ignore costs all together?

Let's say some treatment costs $200,000. You can have it and live for another 10, 20, however many years. You'd also lose your house because you're forced into bankruptcy. Or you could die next week with only $100,000 in medical costs.

The private system we have in America is a joke, it's a facade of medical care. Everyone in this country is equal, those with more money are just...more equal.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned
reply to post by Annee

The gist of it is that this neurosurgeon calls into this radio talk show to discuss a professional conference he attended in Washington. At the conference they went over documentation provided by the Department of Health and Human Services which detailed practices and policies that will be implemented as part of Obamacare. The issue that the caller is concerned with is that, according to the documents reviewed at the conference, individuals over 70 years of age who are on government healthcare plans will receive "comfort care" when they go to the emergency room, as opposed to receiving whatever treatments they may need.

Based on what the doctor said, it sounds like treatment beyond "comfort care" for these patients will have to be approved on a case by case basis. One of the doctors problems with this is that sometimes people come into the ER in the middle of the night and need brain surgery right away, and he doubts that the approval could be granted in time. He also says that in the official documentation provided by HHS, patients are not called "patients," they're called "units." This dehumanizing language reminds him of Nazi rhetoric.

It's not clear from the conversation if the policy of "comfort care only" for people older than 70 on government healthcare plans applies to all emergency room visits, or just in cases where the appropriate treatment would be neurosurgery (the conference was specifically for neurosurgeons).

I have heard about this new entry into the possibly false claims about the Affordable Care Act.

In this instance, the caller states he is a neurosurgeon back from a conference in D.C. There was no conference for neurosurgeons in D.C. in the time frame this supposedly took place.

The document alleged by the caller does not exist. There are no uses of the term "units" referring to human beings in the ACA or HHS documents.

As for the staff of the Mark Levin show "vetting" and/or "knowing" the caller, that may well be true. A number of talk radio shows employ actors to offer provocative statements to bring in callers. This has been going on for sometime on shows hosted by Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, Savage and Levin. Clear Channel recently held auditions for these positions.

Whatever your opinion of the ACA or of President Obama or any of the players in this long running madness that is partisan politics, facts matter. They matter a great deal. These tactics to smear individuals and various pieces of legislation by way of false attacks and viral media have done nothing but muddy the waters and render we, the people, ignorant of the facts. No offense to anyone here, I just want to note the distinct probability that this is another bit of chicanery.

Cheers

Tactics like this have been going on for some time

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Fact check says this is a bogus claim made by a caller who is not even a neurosurgeon.

www.factcheck.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Why do they call him ``the great one``?

He's not great.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I am 61 and I agree also.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Why do they call him ``the great one``?

He's not great.

because,

' 'they' ' think he is.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

Basically though anyone going into an emergency room will get treatment since the hospital would be liable for damages. Would the government pay for it? Guess that's what the question is...but the hospital won't have any problems billing a patient for it.

Fact check says this is a bogus claim made by a caller who is not even a neurosurgeon.

www.factcheck.org...

I would have to agree since a doctor would never say that if you walk into an emergency room you won't get treated. Did he really use the term "stroke therapy"?

edit on 9-1-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

www.factcheck.org...

Hmmm. Did you just debunk your own OP?

Kudos for having the integrity to post that.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
and.... the fact that many people who don't have health care are living in the land of death panels anyway is bunk?

Sure... Whatevah!

My dad died in the land of death panels, he didn't have health insurance as he couldn't afford it, so he couldn't get the health care he needed. So those who refuse to allow universal health care in this country YOU were his death panel and YOU said to him DIE.

Everything you say about death panels, if you vote against universal health care... YOU ARE THE DEATH PANEL.

How can you live with yourselves?

Harm None
Peace

Your worse, your advocating slavery! Slavery=Treason against humanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join