It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson: God 'Showed Me Next President'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

@"I think He showed me about the next president, but I'm not supposed to talk about that so I'll leave you in the dark …

A LIGHT that leaves others in the DARK

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

"After learning that the crisis in question was not an EMP blast, nuclear threat, earthquake, or other similar disaster, Robertson learned that it is actually economic collapse. "

I don't need 'God' to tell me that. It's pretty darn obvious all by itself. Gee .. talk about a non-prediction prediction. Now if he had come up with 9/11 a month before it happened, or the Christmas Tsunami a month before it happened or something like that ... then I'd be listening.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Thanks for your thoughtful and substantive reply.

RE:

Intolerance is really a small psychological problem but it can be and is usually whipped up into stupendous proportions in politics and religion or the combination of the two.

I HOPE

you don't plan on being tolerant about carrying a rattlesnake in your shorts.

In some situations, tolerance is NOT fitting, nor wise, nor even sane.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'm sorry but if your hearing invisible beings in your head, get a prescription as it means you are having hallucinations dude.

That is generally considered a mental illness, though for some reason if it's religious based it get's a free pass..... unless you are poor, then you end up in a mental institution.

As if we needed an invisible being to figure out the economy has gone to H. E. double L and back.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
I HOPE

you don't plan on being tolerant about carrying a rattlesnake in your shorts.

In some situations, tolerance is NOT fitting, nor wise, nor even sane.

I take your point and it is a good one. There is also "idiot compassion" out there in some places and it isn't a good idea either.
edit on 18-1-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

I understand your bias.

Thanks for the insulting assault on my sanity.

My reality testing has been quite solid for a long time.

My PhD in clinical psychology program required 3 years of group therapy and 1 year of individual therapy to insure that.

Actually, a study or 3 has documented that many Pentecostal groups

AVERAGE slightly but significantly BETTER reality testing than the national average.

And that was 40 years ago.

I suspect it might be better these days.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

INDEED.

I've given away more than was reasonable most of my life . . . particularly when overseas to my students in reading materials and tea and meal sessions and in helping the poor there.

Given that I'm on $450/mo soc security because I didn't pay into it when I had a higher income overseas . . . do I regret such compassion . . .

Not really. LOL.

Storing up treasures in Heaven is still the best bet.

However, compassion that doesn't lastingly help the receiver may not be compassion much at all.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I think I know where you are coming from and may very well have trodden in some of the same footsteps.

With regard to "idiot compassion", it is well to remember also the words, "tough love". There are a lot of tools in the box and each has its place and purpose.

One more thing. On a more personal level, Jimmy Swaggart, for all his frailties as a personality, has more moral courage than a secret sinner like me will ever have.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

THANKS for your kind reply.

Click on this link . . . a long one . . . but exceedingly sobering . . . Ugandan . . .

www.youtube.com...

well known there for doing great things for God . . .

Then . . . like with Pat Robertson sometimes,

GOD IS extremely capable of TOUGH LOVE!

And does require us to be plenty often.

God began to speak quite plainly to Ugandan pastor John Mulinde.

God took him to memories, experiences, thoughts, fantasies . . .

"You remember that woman there . . . and your thoughts . . .

And that woman leading worship in church . . . while you mentally undressed her and imagined doing all kinds of things with her? . . . "

God made it very plain that the pastor was not at all ready for Heaven and were he to die then and there would not make it.

Reminded him of the verse about casting out demons, healing "In Jesus" name only for Jesus to say--DEPART FROM ME! I NEVER KNEW YOU.

Made clear to Pastor Mulinde that nothing would remain hidden in coming months--certainly not for those claiming to be Christians.

But then there's the Scripture about SEVERE JUDGMENT BEGINNING IN THE HOUSE OF GOD . . . how then can those outside survive it . . . .

Swaggart . . . I was quite saddened when he jumped ship from his being sidelined for counseling for 2 years. I felt he needed to submit to and follow the instructions of his authorities above him in that situation.

Thankfully, I'm not his judge. I have enough challenges judging the fellow rightly in my mirror.

I do know from my own painful experiences . . . as the verse goes . . .

be SURE your sins will find you out.

Secret sins are as or more hazardous than those done on the street corner.

NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD AVAILS.

I think Pat Robertson knows that.

Swaggart may still be overly arrogant--though I'd hope not--after all that . . . I don't know. Haven't watched him in many years.

I do know pride is extremely hazardous--deadly, actually.

As the linked sermon above notes . . . SOLD OUT TO JESUS is the ONLY route for LIFE ETERNAL.

2nd best will not do.

And . . . we even need HIS HELP in surrendering our ALL.

Thankfully, He IS able and ready to help with that . . . step by dogged step.

Thx for the dialogue.

edit on 18/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I am constantly amazed by the spiritual weaklings that need guys like Robertson to be a go between to God. It is everone's God given right to have a PERSONAL relationship with your creator.

I need no Shamans, Priests, Rabbis, Witch Doctors, Reverends, Deacons, Mullahs, or any other person to stand between me and God. If you want God to talk to you, then you have to talk to him/her. Stop using an ignorant go between.

Imagine how much money this scumbag has defrauded his gullible flock out of. Is there a mandate in the Bible that gives preachers the right to pimp the Son of God like a common twenty dollar whore? Did Jesus throw the money changers out of the temple or offer to sell them a franchise?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Given your tone about Pat . . . I'm skeptical that you've been talking much with God recently with or without a go-between.

Pat is far from a scumbag.

Investigate his Operation Blessing.

100% of the funds REACH the needy overseas and in the USA.

CBN pays for the overhead.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I am constantly amazed by the spiritual weaklings that need guys like Robertson to be a go between to God.

Sometimes people need help and community. Not everyone is confident about what they should do. Children are weak and some adults are spiritual children. Organizers of spiritual communities must take care not to abuse that weakness.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

"Your country will be torn apart by internal stress. A house divided cannot stand," said God, via Robertson. "Your president holds a radical view of the direction of your country which is at odds with the majority. Expect chaos and paralysis." "This is a spiritual battle which can only be won by overwhelming prayer. The future of the world is at stake," God/Robertson continued. God also warned Robertson that "a time of maximum stress and peril" is coming, so Robertson, of course, gave God a multiple choice test. After learning that the crisis in question was not an EMP blast, nuclear threat, earthquake, or other similar disaster, Robertson learned that it is actually economic collapse. "And God said, and I quote, 'This is not my judgment, they are bringing it upon themselves.'"

IMO, this guy is an absolute elitist insider scumbag... THAT SAID.. I also think he clearly has a PLACE in educating the brainwashed fanatic religious right of what's about to steamroll their proverbial behinds into history with the inevitable decline of the US of A\ Canada \ Mexico mashing their roller-pinned pancake batter-mix into the U.N.A.

Clicky and el-respondo to this prophesizing madnesss!

The dependancy inherent within the mechanics of belief, gives all kinds of scoundrals a platform from which to enslave!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
he should check without Khazar / illuminati over lords to see if they agree. They need someone who will

1 keep us killing each other through wars abroad or by stress and poverty at home

2 make religion seem nonsensical and so eventually irrelevant

3 keep us poor so we can't get educated and end up referring back to 1 and 2
4 loves the NWO

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bronxbull
he should check without Khazar / illuminati over lords to see if they agree. They need someone who will

1 keep us killing each other through wars abroad or by stress and poverty at home

2 make religion seem nonsensical and so eventually irrelevant

3 keep us poor so we can't get educated and end up referring back to 1 and 2
4 loves the NWO

I can see the point of your 1st and 3rd points, but it seems like No. 2. religion, is what achieves No. 1 and 3 for our masters. Religion is nonsensical, it is irrelevant, and it is only when we view it as making sense and relevent that be 1. kill each other in wars and 2. aquiece (give in) in the face of horrendous inequality and oppression!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join