It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkey Embryo Mashup Results In First Primate Chimeras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The monkeys, named Roku, Hex and Chimero, were born at the Oregon National Primate Research Center at Oregon Health & Science University. They’re the result of mashups made from separate rhesus monkey embryos.

This is cool, hopefully someday they can study these cells in Humans.

Source

Scientists have produced the world’s first chimeric monkeys, developed from stem cells harvested from separate embryos. They contain genetic material from as many as six genomes. The infant rhesus monkeys are totally healthy and could hold great promise for future stem cell research in primates, researchers say. They also carry an interesting and controversial message for future stem cell research: Those cultured stem cell lines in labs throughout this country, such a crucial scientific tool and such a cultural flashpoint, may not be as potent as the ones inside embryos.

edit on 5-1-2012 by Daedal because: Fixed link

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I don't think your source is very reliable, you'd better check it

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Why is your source link a link to make a new thread? is there a link im very interested in this article

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Wow S&F maybe one day they will try to mix human and monkey? wait a mo they already have.....me!!!!

Stem cell research is the way forward I think, so many cures will be found using stem cells.
Some people will say we are playing God, well I say it is our next step to do so.
Cheers fella.

Here are the cheeky chaps in question

Sooo cute

edit on 5-1-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Sounds like a great way for same sex couples to share a child.

Not sure if they could do it with 2 men though, but still great news for lesbians all around the world ;-)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Here is your link -
Monkey Embryo Mashup

It takes no more time to find it and post it than it does to criticize a simple mistake folks.

Thank you, an interesting read.

Not sure yet how I feel about where this is headed.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Or one person to make a child...hhhmmm a mini me I want one

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Sorry about the source link, had multiple windows open, chose the wrong one..Anyways it's fixed. Thanks for telling me.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by lewman

Or one person to make a child...hhhmmm a mini me I want one

Or a mini Hitler, a mini Mao or...................................

If a thing that is bad can be done, some scientist somewhere will do it. Many things can be done, not all should be done I think.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
At least we're now beginning to see how the aliens created us.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Here's a few sources on the subject:

rhesus monkeys made from a combination of embryonic cells from six different monkey embryos.

Oregonlive

cute pics here...
Science daily

In mice, either totipotent or pluripotent cells from two different animals can be combined to transform into an embryo that later becomes a chimeric animal. However, the current research demonstrated that for reasons yet unknown, chimeric animals can only develop from totipotent cells in a higher animal model: the rhesus macaque.

Eurek
edit on 5-1-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Very true Boys from the black stuff like..
But if they want to make a mini me he will be only used for good.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

ETA To clarify, this experimentation would, at least to me, imply that (a) they know what they are doing and (b) they can foresee all the consequences. I believe they don't know, they are just trying and they have no idea or concern for the ...beings they have created. I've seen luminescent pigs and cats pass the revue along with genetically modified mosquitoes now and I find it all quite sickening. The arrogance of this kind of thing just amazes me...

edit on 5/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Now that is going to have me up all night thinking!

Is that why there is no missing link

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsrreal

Sorry. I wasn't meaning to give you or anyone else a sleepless night.

There is a missing link, but it's not what we've been led to believe. Think about when people discover they're adopted and it's always in the back of their minds where their real mom and dad are. Then, when they have met them in their adulthood, the hole has been filled because they have joined the link that was broken.

At least this is my interpretation. I'm sure there are others who have different views, but I certainly don't believe that we'll ever find the missing link according to traditional scientific/anthropologic theory.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by Daedal

ETA To clarify, this experimentation would, at least to me, imply that (a) they know what they are doing and (b) they can foresee all the consequences. I believe they don't know, they are just trying and they have no idea or concern for the ...beings they have created. I've seen luminescent pigs and cats pass the revue along with genetically modified mosquitoes now and I find it all quite sickening. The arrogance of this kind of thing just amazes me...

Can't say I'm a fan of the Oregon National Primate Research Center at Oregon Health & Science University(esp. with the obesity study(funded by big pharma), absurd to say the least. Also, your reply demonstrates as well the points why I'm not.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by Daedal

Can't say I'm a fan of the Oregon National Primate Research Center at Oregon Health & Science University(esp. with the obesity study(funded by big pharma), absurd to say the least. Also, your reply demonstrates as well the points why I'm not.

Fair enough...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You will all, or your offspring will, be sterilized. The genes from the "best" will be used to reproduce humans. Foster parents will be used to raise them. It's nazi eugenics, only minus the nazi, and replace eugenics with the human genome project. Welcome to the globalist new world order. Angels to some, demons to others.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Please realise it's nothing personal, I just hate animal experimentation. If you "let it grow"... Well. Humans are animals too but way less cute than kittens...or monkeys or fish or dogs or rats or...ad infinitum.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

even if someone made a clone from hitlers DNA, it wouldnt turn out 'evil'. the way people turn out depends more on their personal life experiances then on their DNA (in my opinion anyways)

top topics

join