It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's so bad about the Illuminati?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I was just watching Angels and Demons and it basically says that the Illuminati were just a group of 'enlightened' individuals who wished to prove Religion incorrect. They used science to prove religion was false.
At the time they were forced the operate in secrecy to avoid being punished by the catholic church.
When the Church found out about what they were trying to do they branded them with the Christian crucifix and killed them. Illuminati then went out to get revenge and killed Christians.
However, I don't see why people find the Illuminati so dangerous and evil?
They do not support the devil or are satanic, they're just anti-religious. Also there is no evidence linking them to NWO and wanting to take over the world.

So why do people think they're so bad?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

Angels and Demons is a fictional movie.

Don't base your worldview on it.
edit on 5/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jNormal
I was just watching Angels and Demons and it basically says that the Illuminati were just a group of 'enlightened' individuals who wished to prove Religion incorrect. They used science to prove religion was false.
At the time they were forced the operate in secrecy to avoid being punished by the catholic church.
When the Church found out about what they were trying to do they branded them with the Christian crucifix and killed them. Illuminati then went out to get revenge and killed Christians.
They do not support the devil or are satanic, they're just anti-religious. Also there is no evidence linking them to NWO and wanting to take over the world.

I don't know why. Perhaps it has something to do with absolute power corrupting absolutely. If they exist and they have huge wealth to protect say dividends in the most advanced technology and networks and affiliations of millionaires and billionaires perhaps they are willing to do nefarious things to protect their interests. The concept of the illuminati perhaps isn'ty that bad in and of itself but its the corrupt ones we need to worry about. Who knows what an enlightened ones agendas are. Im sure some here know a lot more than me
edit on 5-1-2012 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It seems that you are using a Hollywood movie as your evidence. Perhaps a little more research on this site will provide some more info.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I've heard a similar thing in other places to the movie, just thought that covered it the best. And yes, I know it's fictional, but I thought the 'background' of the movie was true?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Apparently they are connected the the light bearer.
Not that I subscribe to these myths.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

reply to post by chr0naut

I've heard a similar thing in other places to the movie, just thought that covered it the best. And yes, I know it's fictional, but I thought the 'background' of the movie was true?

Illuminism probably died out 200 years ago under pressure from the church.

But they make good 'shadow' protagonists for a movie (or book).

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Basically. It wasn't so much science vs God, but more along the lines of "no mortal can truly know the nature of God, so who is a church to tell me what to do?" Man's relationship with God should be his own, not prescribed by an institution…

Not entirely true. They did operate in secrecy because they were actively going against both the Pope and the kings & tyrants of the era.

Both of those are false. To my knowledge, the Catholic church never executed any Illuminati members, and the Illuminati as an organization was not behind any violent attacks on the church or any of its members.

Good question. You'll also notice that they were the red herring / scapegoat in Angels & Demons... The real bad guy was a religious fanatic already in the church, not a secret society. (Illuminati / NWO as a false flag of the Catholic church? It's possible…)
edit on 2012.1.6 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

The Roman Catholic Church in Bavaria initiated a propaganda campaign against them that was largely successful. Unfortunately, some people still fall for that nonsense today.

As Albert Einstein once said, "The only things that are infinite are the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not absolutely sure about the universe".

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I do not know for sure....but as a matter of fact, about two months ago, I received an unsolicited letter inviting me to join them. The letter said they based my worthlessness on the posts I have made in this forum. I do not know how they made the connection, but there it is. I am still considering it. I really like to know things.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

people think they are bad because it is fun to buy into such hype and believe there is some grand dooms day group seeking to overthrow humanity. i know because i've been there.

in reality the illuminati really (as i see it) are those who are not satisfied with the basic rig-a-mer-roll (sp?) they are handed in church who go off looking for the more obscure and interactive pathways leading to enlightenment.

they are out there looking for knowledge on the races of humanity and the knowledge on the various rays passed down to us by those races.

no evil plot.

no genocide.

just some kids pumping more blood the pineal gland than most others.

nothing to see here folks, move along. . .

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
They worship negative entities.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
They worship negative entities.
You mean like God?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Beware those of the Synaogogue of Satan, that call themselves Jews, but ARE NOT.
Satanists pretending to be Jews, Muslims,Christians, Athiests, senators, leaders etc etc

Of course the Illuminati is real but the common denominator is the Synagogue of Satan, those who worship evil. As our Christ Jesus left us word, they remain hidden to subvert humanity. Within the Christian church, they promote false doctrine. Within society, they promote humanism at every opportunity because it's core doctrine is that man is ABOVE God. Within Judaism, they promote the Supremacy of their Babylonian Talmud above God's word. Within governments, they promote warfare to justify their end goals. Within laws and regulations, they promote and push tolerance of practices that were once considered morally wrong. Within film and media, they control content that rots our minds and desensitises humanity to their version of utopia.

Whilst others can say "move on nothing to see here", I say the exact opposite "know your enemy and their infiltration". At this point in time, they are everywhere. And they will give us fallguys - it's the bankers, it's the Jews, it's the blacks, it's the Christians etc etc etc, But the whole time they lead it all.

Satan believes in God. His minions believe in God. But he has worked tirelessly so that most of you don't believe. You can then not recognise him whilst his rotten fruits go unconnected, nor are you prepared to turn to your Father in Heaven for the truth that will save your eternal life. Just as Esau sold his birthright for a frigging bowl of soup, many of you are so hardened to that little voice and tug from the call of God. ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

The synagogue of Satan is tackling every WESTERN society in the same manner. Why? Because we are predominantly Christ professing peoples. Islam continues it's unrelenting march into our society all the while protected under the freedom of religion. The strength of the family unit is being wiped out in our societies.. Our societal morals, very much once in line with Biblical morality, is attacked in media, print, film and tv as old fashioned, controlling and outdated. We barely blink at a picture of a 17 year old dressed up as a pre-teen holding perfume bottle between her legs. Yet we scratch our heads and refuse to connect the societal impact on the rate of children raped and murdered. We've been indoctrinated that the Bible is a fairy tale for our own societies, yet the Pope kisses the Koran and Islam is becoming more hardline across the world.

Does this not ring a bell with any fallen away Christian or atheist? Does this not point to an underlying energy attacking the very core of who we are? How many know that God promised to write His laws in the hearts of His people and THEIR descendants? So that even though you've grown up indoctrinated that the Bible is not the Word of God and that your Christian 'grandparents' must have been morally repressed, do you not recognise that voice inside that says that's not 'morally' right for you? If you cannot imagine how different our western societies are to other places in the world, have a read:

"I've witnessed up close -- often way too close -- how combat has morphed from soldier vs. soldier (now a rarity in Africa) to soldier vs. civilian. Most of today's African fighters are not rebels with a cause; they're predators. That's why we see stunning atrocities like eastern Congo's rape epidemic, where armed groups in recent years have sexually assaulted hundreds of thousands of women, often so sadistically that the victims are left incontinent for life. What is the military or political objective of ramming an assault rifle inside a woman and pulling the trigger? Terror has become an end, not just a means." www.foreignpolicy.com...

Can you not see that YOU ARE DIFFERENT? Can you not sense the evilness and madness being let loose in the world, can you keep denying that groups like the Illuminati are not only real but are fronts for a far more evil in this world?

Apologies if this is taken as a rant, but it really does distress me when ordinary, decent and intelligent folk categorically deny the existence of groups like the Illuminati and of evil.

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

And our struggle is with the humans who worship them.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Ok, here's my reasoned response after a lot of research, inner thinking, and a lot of talking.

The Illuminati as it is understood here on the planet overall, seems more like a bad james bond organization. They're literally out for global domination, war, the drug trade, the banks, the UN, and on and on. If true their agenda seems to be to lower the population of the Earth by many billions, and they will then literally enslave the rest allowed to live tagged in little worker drone communities. It's insane sounding, but FAR more insane it's working so damn well so far.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Angels and Demons is a fictional movie.

Don't base your worldview on it.

My impression of it was that it was made to give people the impression that the Illuminati were enemies of the Catholic Church, and that the church had been infiltrated by them. Instead of the Illuminati controlling the church.

At this stage, I believe there are some in the Illuminati who are good and want to help humanity, but there are others who are evil and are service to self.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Err, mock child sacrifice. Thats bad enough for me. Anyone who mimics throwing children into a fire has a serious mental disorder, period.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There are two groups whom the ignorant confuse as being one in the same, one is well documented, the other a fiction that weak minded individuals like to blame for their own ineffectiveness.

The Bavarian Illuminati were actually very influential during the time America was becoming America.

The evidence suggests that their influence is part of the reason why our Founding fathers wrote the declaration of independence. Not too shabby. The other is a fictional boogey man that simpletons want to blame for all the myriad ills that they refuse to take responsibility for.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
IMO the illuminati are no longer what they are called but the world globalists are under many umbrellas to keep us off the track. CFR,NWO,Bilderbergers,The Fed, British Royal Family, House of Saud,...get the jist?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaarkSyde2012
IMO the illuminati are no longer what they are called but the world globalists are under many umbrellas to keep us off the track. CFR,NWO,Bilderbergers,The Fed, British Royal Family, House of Saud,...get the jist?
I agree 100%. The Illuminati was a specific thing. It existed from 1776 until 1785. Then it stopped being of any relevance. People calling the CFR, Trilateral Commission, Bildebergers & Bohemian Grovers "Illuminati" is a disservice to the actual, historical Illuminati.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join