It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Members Constitution - The Fundamental Principles of Freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well, the way I see it is this. It appears to me that, although ATS members may not agree with eachother on a variety of topics, I think we all agree that change is required and changes are comming wether we like it or not.

Many people do not embrace change but rather they shy away from it. There are many reasons for this including the fact that fundemental changes to society usually bring a lot of pain. But we are at a crossroads this time in history. We can either accept change we are being given or demand a say in our future. If our ability to speak is taken away and our tounges removed then we will be forever silenced.

Without a tounge, one is unable to speak - TMW

Since it seems fitting for those in power to introduce laws as they see fit to cover up thier crimes, I see no reason why I cannot have my own fundemental constitution. A set of fundemental principles I can live my own life by. I do not need to be governed, why should I be governed? why should I need to be controlled? I know the diffrence between right and wrong and I have my own principles that I live by.

Please feel free to add any fundemental common right you see fit. Tread carefully as adding to this consitution is not just what you want to see but how you intend to live your life

The Members Constitution
1. I have the right to live according to the constitution of my choosing.

edit on 5-1-2012 by TheMindWar because: Typo

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Religion and Politics should be 2 separate ideals, never to be used together.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
The Members Constitution
1. I have the right to live according to the constitution of my choosing.

edit on 5-1-2012 by TheMindWar because: Typo

You grant yourself the right to do anything you want completely ignoring the Rights of everyone else. Is that what you are saying?

Then I add -

2- No person may grant themselves any Right that infringes upon the Rights of another. This applies to all Rights mentioned in the United States Bill of Rights; the Right to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness, free from fear of physical or financial harm at the hands of another or attacks or interference from any entity outside of the United States. The Government shall provide Laws and a Court System to protect those Rights along with a Military to protect those Rights from those outside of the United States. Anyone infringing on those Rights shall be dealt with in a way to protect everyone else from them.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I'm sorry. I really do not like number one. I believe everything would crumble apart if that were to happen

However, I do LOVE the idea of ATS coming up with a constitution.

Back to my first comment...

I mean, there's an example every day of why this is wrong. I'll even give you a personal example.

One of my friends, I'll call her Olga here, was a producer and writer in hollywood. Not too big of course, but she had more than the average producer/writer has (being a producer/writer is actually a somewhat common thing). She got married.

Her husband divorced her, forged documents, took custody of the child, took literally everything. She was even somehow put in jail. I still don't really understand the jail part. Eventually, she confronted her ex-husband alone, who said it was all a part of his six year plan. We do not understand why he wants custody of his daughter since we have proof that he's been giving her certain drugs to put her to sleep earlier (proof from hospital).

Soooo, this man had no qualms about doing bad to another person solely for his own personal gain...she lost EVERYTHING...his constitution could be he gets to do whatever he wants. If every person lived by their own rules than I believe there would be no rules. For example being grocery stores. Stealing. Not much food going around when it doesn't get shipped in due to the same situation everywhere.

If I'm misunderstanding you and I'm totally off-key about what you were talking about, please reply. I do still love the idea of ATS presenting a possible new Constitution for everyone to follow. My guess is it'd be amuch improved on our current one.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Benilicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I am just making the point that, if politicians can determine thier own laws then so can I

If I want to live by the US constitution then thats my choice, anyone else no longer has any right to tell me I cannot. If our very leaders are allowed to break the law then, indeed, the law no longer exists and we are heading for a lawless society

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

....and if you decide it is your Right to steal, kill or engage in violent acts against your neighbor? My point should be obvious. Civilization is only possible under the rule of law.

For example the current Ron Paul madness where some of his supporters are actually threatening violence if he looses the election, meaning they think only their vote matters and they wish to form a Dictatorship under Mr. Paul by using violence to force their wants on everyone else. I don't blame Mr. Paul for that, but he should speak out loudly against them if he is for real. I use this only as an example of a case where people have discarded the rule of law and no longer care about others Rights.

That is exactly how all evil men have come to power throughout history. For example Adolph Hitler who used his rabid followers and peoples fear caused by economic woes to take over Germany and then attempt to wipe out the Jews and take over the World.

We must always be on guard for that. Hitler was loved or ignored until it was to late.

I could only go by the wording of your post. Perhaps as part of this you should stipulate people define their suggested inclusions in this "Constitution". Nothing wrong with your idea and it would be interesting to see what people write. The writing of Constitutions are historically very messy affairs. Should be an interesting read and you have a good idea with this thread.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is easy. But, rather than type everything I'd like to see in a Constitution, I'll refer you here.

top topics

join