It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Santorum explains what conservatism really means

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Facts the largest expansions of Government power and control have been under the Democratic presidents Rooselvet and Obama but hey lets make a thread about a dude who will never be Potus.

Santourm will NEVER BE POTUS and here comes my "bi partisan" moment fine go ahead and say he doesn't know what "Conservatism " is but the Democrats have no clue of what the word "Liberal" is also they got that big NEOCON sitting in the oval office right now.
edit on 5-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

It promotes homosexuality, not necessarily does it lead to homosexuality. Treating immoral acts, shunned and condemned by all nearly all civilizations throughout history, as respectable lifestyle choices is not what I view as even remotely sane. That is nothing more than a symptom of a larger disorder crippling mankind known as Liberalism.

Also, homosexuality is not the equivalent of bestiality but it is still a mental disorder like schizophrenia. We just cannot discuss it as such because of political correctness. It should have raised a few eyebrows that psychologists quit calling homosexuality a mental disorder in 1972 just as the counterculture was taking control of our popular culture.

Can you prove that homosexuality is a mental disorder?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
How many people who responded in this thread are actually Conservative? I am and from Pa. He is more Conservative than most of the remaining candidates. For all the Dems I see opening their yaps, stick to your own primary., I agree with his religious views, it scares people and he has every right to speak his mind. Whether you vote for him or not is your choice.
I believe he was right speaking about marriage, and was as a few of his speeches a few years ago. What keeps families together? Marriage and its' sanctity. If it's bashing the homosexual lifestyle, he is entitled to his opinion.
From what he has done in Pa. and his views, it remains the same as it was before.
For a Conservative view, he is way better than Romney as an option, but I forgot, he "looks" Presidential, just never mind his own past.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
How many people who responded in this thread are actually Conservative? I am and from Pa. He is more Conservative than most of the remaining candidates. For all the Dems I see opening their yaps, stick to your own primary., I agree with his religious views, it scares people and he has every right to speak his mind. Whether you vote for him or not is your choice.
I believe he was right speaking about marriage, and was as a few of his speeches a few years ago. What keeps families together? Marriage and its' sanctity. If it's bashing the homosexual lifestyle, he is entitled to his opinion.
From what he has done in Pa. and his views, it remains the same as it was before.
For a Conservative view, he is way better than Romney as an option, but I forgot, he "looks" Presidential, just never mind his own past.

Marriages last because of the bond of love, nothing the politicians or governments do can

change what love is.

Thinking otherwise is the real mental disorder

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

If someone claiming to be a conservative in the United States is not conserving the Constitution for the United States of America then they are just a poser.

Santorum is conserving big government, which means his brand of conservatism, and presumably yours, is steeped in conserving progressive policies.

People can play fast and loose with labels, and certainly both Republicans and Democrats do this all the time. Many Democrats claim to be "pro-choice" all the while insisting that free markets do not work and must be regulated, insisting that ill advised drug wars are a good thing, and generally insisting that they are "pro-choice" just as long as they approve of that choice. Republicans claim to be "pro-life" all the while advocating wars and the death penalty. Posers.

The only genuine political purpose for a conservative in the U.S. is to conserve the Constitution because there are so many out there taking far too liberal of a view of that Constitution.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
What keeps families together? Marriage and its' sanctity.

What?? The Divorce rate in America is near 50%.

I don't think folks are staying married because they are afraid that God will be mad at them if they get a divorce.

Hard work, sometimes very hard work and a whole lot of love and acceptance keeps families together...not the "sanctity of marriage".

If some Catholic guy is going to leave his wife because gay folks are allowed to get married then he has serious, serious issues to begin with.....geez honey, I only married you because it seemed like such a unique thing to be married, now that the gays are allowed to, i am no longer interested. Say goodbye to the kids for me.

What a completly illogical facade for homophobia. Protecting the "sanctity of marriage", start by outlawing divorce in the United States complete with prison terms and fines and then revisit whether or not letting people with a different sexual orientation marry.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Rick Santorum on C-SPAN town hall meeting in Hollis, New Hampshire is talking to a crowd in the hall and he sounds like he is co-opting some of Dr. Paul's platform. He is taking about the constitution and what it stands for. He is talking about how Americans are not like many other countries where they are of one tribe or ethnicity. He said that we are diverse but what makes us come together is our belief in the same things and ideals. The constitiution and the idea of a free people.
He really seems to be winging it because his thoughts are not completely coherent, he takes awkward pauses and seems to be grasping for words as he talks about the principles of America and her people.
I haven't listened to him speak very much so I don't know if this is typical for him.
He also seems to be slightly distancing himself from evalgelicals by mentioning that "from what I hear in the media" evalgelicals are out of touch with mainstream politics.

Interesting stuff from a guy who is coming into the spotlight. I can see him getting into 'trouble' if he doesn't plan out his speeches a little bit better. Also, he or his campaign people have decided that Dr. Paul's message resonated with enough people that he should wrap himself in the constitution a bit more to appeal to this voting block.

edit on 7-1-2012 by AutomaticSlim because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

I think you misunderstood him here . He was describing conservatism as a field of force, system, etc, in which the work done moving a body from one point to another is independent of the path taken between them . He's a Madman you know..........

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join