It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Women of Christ a Call to leadership and submission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I know this is not the popular opinion but I believe that the guidelines for the church that mention the role of women and men are very important. It is the interpretation of these roles that have been heavily abused.

Women are more emotional, typically more trusting and loving. It is because of this they are more likely out of love to be swayed by emotional good sounding arguments. This is part of a women’s beauty.

Man is more logical and discerning. What woman doesn’t want to be with a smart discerning man?

About marriage
I think that nasty word submission always gets confusing for both husband and wife. And to be honest it is all the husbands fault. We expect a biblical wife without being a biblical husband.

If the husband truly acted as a servant to his wife the way Christ served the Church, then I’m sure the wife would be more than happy to submit to her servant. In this way there would be ordered equality.

The Church
The bible calls the church the bride of Christ and, the bible says that man is the worldly head of the church and the women represents the body. A godly man who is acting as a servant to the church and women who submits to the church does create ordered equality in church.

Women God is asking 2 things from you, to be silent during the teaching at church and to cover your head so your beauty doesn’t hinder the service. Do you not realize woman that if you are married to a godly man and at church that if you ask questions your husband may be embarrassed that he could not fulfill his godly duties to you by answering this question. The man naturally wants to provide everything for his wife. By seeking answers from another man this questions the man’s ability to lead his family. Women, is it too much for God to ask that you show love and respect for the church and your husband by following these 2 simple instructions?

He asks of men to accept the responsibility for the church and to keep their hair short so that they remain clean and distinguished. Men do you not realize that you represent Christ. You are being called to an understanding of scripture so that your wife need not feel the need to embarrass you. Why should your wife need anything that you cannot provide her? You are the leader; do not make the mistake that Adam made. Be strong and lead your wife to do good by serving her as Christ served the church.

Men and women we are being called to not be like the Pagan’s who follow whatever is the will of their flesh. Men you are being called to lead your family as the representative of Christ on earth to the church and the family.
Women you are being asked to be loving, caring, emotional and beautiful. You are God’s most beautiful creation. When he says dress modestly and cover your hair at church it is because your beauty may detract from the service. Save your beauty for your husbands, while you are at church you are with God.

Men and Women of Christ are we not being called by God to set ourselves apart from others? If we can’t together follow simple instructions from God how can anyone trust our faith? Why do we continue to act like we are the same as non-believers following the same customs and rules as the world? Are we embarrassed by the father’s instructions?

1st Corinthians 11-16
If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice—nor do the churches of God.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The "TRUE" word of God is always a hard thing for people to swallow.
Jesus did say that we would be hated because of Him.
Those who love evil will hate correction.

Thanks for the reminder of God's word.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I don't think most people worry about this in the modern day church and customs like this are slowly slipping away along with the church itself. You should be more worried about getting people to come to church at all. Last semester in college I took Anthropology class and the professor talked about his friend who did surveys for the US and we learned that 51% of americans rarely visit church while 49% attend weekley. This percentage is all religions combined by the way not just christianity. Just thought I would share this fact

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nevetsx
I don't think most people worry about this in the modern day church and customs like this are slowly slipping away along with the church itself. You should be more worried about getting people to come to church at all. Last semester in college I took Anthropology class and the professor talked about his friend who did surveys for the US and we learned that 51% of americans rarely visit church while 49% attend weekley. This percentage is all religions combined by the way not just christianity. Just thought I would share this fact

I agree to a point. I guess the issue I am bringing up is quite simple. If one truly believes they are following the religion of the true God why it is so hard to follow some basic rules. Nearly every other religion has rules for attending temple service and they actually obey the rules. They would consider it disgraceful not to follow the rules of God. But my religion the one that I believe is the true religion we can’t get anyone to follow even one rule. Who has more faith?

And somehow Christians believe that they are all saved. When will Christians wake up? Maybe if the church was a place of loving charity more people would want to come.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Maybe it is because there is no threat in not going to church for christians. One of my friends practices hinduism and when you get to the temple you most remain quiet or you will get hit with a bamboo stick lol. He said when he was little he got hit alot. Also in asia honor is still important to families so if one were to dishonor themselves by not following the rules they would not only shame themselves but also shame their family. Where as in christianity its just a slap on the wrist or shhhhhhh. But would you really feel ok if you had to physical threaten someone to get them to obey a religion. I don't think most people would want too.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kllyblvn
reply to post by sacgamer25

Its idiots like you that I no longer attend church. Your name must be Jason. My ex son-in-laws name. He had the same stupid ideals about women/church. Needless to say he was abusive at home to my daughter, beat her, stood her in a corner, sent her to her room for time outs. Another reason I won't let another Morman in my house. Got rid of him I did! He wanted to come back to work things out with her...so his brother said when he called. Yep send him out here and I will send him home in a body bag! If church is so sexual women have to cover their heads, then I guess its not the place I want to be anyway. I don't know what kind of church you attend where women have to be covered so not to give all the men erections......but since I mentioned I don't attend church because of people like you then I guess I don't really care. Well there ya go with your preaching. You lost another soul. Was that your intention?

I am sorry for your daughter. The man that did that is a disgrace to the human race. In no way do I say that man is superior to women, or infer that women should be subject to anything abusive. I said that men are to serve women the way Jesus served the church. How exactly did I condone anything that happened to your daughter. If men understood their role and lived according to the bible this would not happen.

The standard set forth in the bible is for both men and women. If I am not properly serving my wife than I have no right to expect her to listen to me.

I also do not attend church because the church teaches servant women without teaching godly men. This was a call to both women and men to respect God, creation and the church. In no way did i create this post to do anything other than call Christians to listen to our God.

I even admit that the problem lies first with the man fixing himself. Again I am sorry for your daughter but I am not what you are accusing me of being.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nevetsx
Maybe it is because there is no threat in not going to church for christians. One of my friends practices hinduism and when you get to the temple you most remain quiet or you will get hit with a bamboo stick lol. He said when he was little he got hit alot. Also in asia honor is still important to families so if one were to dishonor themselves by not following the rules they would not only shame themselves but also shame their family. Where as in christianity its just a slap on the wrist or shhhhhhh. But would you really feel ok if you had to physical threaten someone to get them to obey a religion. I don't think most people would want too.

We shouldn't have to we should simply love and respect God enough to live according to his ways.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
In the book that you are referencing Corinthians, it also states that women should not cut their hair and cover themselves with hair. A woman's hair is a Ruby in the man's crown. I agree. Women wear short hair, short and sleeveless dresses, this isn't acceptable to me but aside from that you have ministers telling jokes, the choir singing about 10 songs passing the plate begging for tithes and one to two verses of Scripture from maybe two books in the Bible all in one hour, doesn't leave much time for parusing the babes in my opinion, nor time for learning anything of God. No thank you, I learn more at home honestly!

If more mothers would teach their sons that it's not right to get sexually excited in Church Services we wouldn't have this problem. There is a time and place for everything and in the Sanctuary of God is not the place for movin and groovin. Women should not dress like they are going to a club and men shouldn't think it's time to run a line like they are in a club. Just my opinion though.

I have for the past 7 years off and on attended Episcopalian Chapel Services and the minister there had always been a woman, short hair also. Was always a comfort to me though. The message was always the same "You are loved and a child of God" Then we would pray the 23rd Psalm and Lords Prayer then Doxology and prayers for our soldiers and people suffering and animals too; Saint Frances of Assisi Day was nice. People brought their pets and/or pictures of their pets and blessed them. This church is more accepting of all Religious Faiths and I have no problem with women pastoring a church. "We are all children of God and Loved." The Church is a Hospital for the sick and Jesus is the Doctor.
edit on 4-1-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Using the bible to justify your twisted relationship with women is pretty horrible, it is obvious you have been turned down often and that will never change. I think you should consider embracing Islam and trade in your bible for a koran, this way you can worship without bumping into a woman and getting cooties all over you.
Perhaps when you get to heaven the holy virgin mother will fetch you a cigar and a whiskey sour, then you can tell her to get her butt back in the kitchen right?
Tsk, tsk.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Sounds to me like you just said "woman shut your mouths, and cover your heads" Do you have any idea how degrading this sounds? It also leaves children the impression that women are inferior. Then how are young men supposed to grow up when you are teaching them this? These teachings may have worked back in the day when women were treated inferior and clubbed over the head and drug back to the cave. I promise you, what ever REAL Bible you are using for this was for the day and time when men treated women like cattle and not like human beings. Again if church is full of perverts that get erections seeing beautiful women, therefore women should cover themselves....maybe those perverts should be in jail and not in church. As far as my mate, if I know more about church and religion etc then he does then he must study harder or shut his mouth so he doesn't embarrass his own self...Me being more educated isn't an embarrassment, his lack of however would be. I pray some day your wife comes to realize that she is in a relationship such as... Quote "Women are more emotional, typically more trusting and loving. It is because of this they are more likely out of love to be swayed by emotional good sounding arguments. This is part of a women’s beauty." "So your wife has your voice because she is to emotional to think for herself ?" You don't think heavily of the female humans do you? Well I am just to emotional to think for myself right now so for what its worth "I think you are a creep and a pervert from your testimony on this group" You should have let your wife speak for you because IMO you just embarrassed yourself in my book.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kllyblvn

Honestly I don't expect you or anyone to agree with me. I believe in the bible. I do not pick and choose what verses to follow. I believe that God protected this book. I provided a loving interpretation of a controversial message in the book that i have placed complete faith in. I believe the bible is the inspired by the Holy Spirit the same spirit of Jesus. I believe that Jesus believed that men and women are equal but have separate natural roles. So i accept without question the authority of the bible. You are attacking my faith in the bible even after I responded politely to you. And again I reply politely. I did not ask you to believe in the bible. I was asking people who believe in the bible to follow what it says. You are free to believe what you believe, do I not have a right to that same freedom?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
No one here is condoning physical or emotional abuse.

new topics

top topics

join