$100 dollar bill. (I got this in an email)

page: 3
59
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Originally posted by vogon42
reply to post by operation mindcrime
 

The butcher still has pork loins, head cheese, ham, and sausage for sale.


Which is now his "profit" wether he eats it himself or sells it, this is his profit!!

What am I missing??

Peace[
edit on 5-1-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)


I don't believe your missing anything. This is just focusing specifically on the $100 bill.


the story is ignoring things like...........
It cost the farmer $63.29 to raise that pig, and he sold it for $100.

The co-op paid $62.12 for corn, the farmer bought that corn for $100 to feed all his pigs......and so on.
edit on 5-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)
edit on 5-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
I don't believe your missing anything. This is just focusing specifically on the $100 bill.


the story is ignoring things like...........
It cost the farmer $63.29 to raise that pig, and he sold it for $100.

The co-op paid $62.12 for corn, the farmer bought that corn for $100 to feed all his pigs......and so on


But isn't this the essence of the whole story?


Originally posted by lcbjr1979
No one produced anything. No one earned anything. However, the whole town now thinks that they are out of debt and there is a false atmosphere of optimism and glee.

And that, my friends, is how a "stimulus package" works!




Peace
edit on 5-1-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)
edit on 5-1-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

But isn't this the essence of the whole story?


Originally posted by lcbjr1979
No one produced anything. No one earned anything. However, the whole town now thinks that they are out of debt and there is a false atmosphere of optimism and glee.

And that, my friends, is how a "stimulus package" works!




Yes, but this essence is a very narrow view of one particular $100 bill.

It ignores the fact that the hotel had 23 other guests that day. 10 of them bought stuff from the butcher. 3 of them bought 2 chickens, and 4 turkeys from the farmer. 4 of them enjoyed the company of the prostitute, and 2 others were on a business trip to negotiate wheat futures with the co-op.



posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I am actually really surprised at how many views this thread got lol.



posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Are any of you familiar with Nostradamus and the predictions that he prophesied regarding the “web” that would blanket the world? Modern thinkers portrayed this to mean the current world wide web, right? What if...

What if, the “web” in his prophecies is not the internet but actually the current uprising of global consciousness?



posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1ReySon
Are any of you familiar with Nostradamus and the predictions that he prophesied regarding the “web” that would blanket the world? Modern thinkers portrayed this to mean the current world wide web, right? What if...

What if, the “web” in his prophecies is not the internet but actually the current uprising of global consciousness?


I fail to see how that fits into this topic?

Not trying to sound stupid.....but can you clarify?



posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
ATTN all
I see it now
this
"1ReySon"
is perhaps a BOT of some sort......
28 posts today.....ALL of them the same text

I have sent msg to the mods.



posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1ReySon
Are any of you familiar with Nostradamus and the predictions that he prophesied regarding the “web” that would blanket the world? Modern thinkers portrayed this to mean the current world wide web, right? What if...

What if, the “web” in his prophecies is not the internet but actually the current uprising of global consciousness?


Ok...I have looked at your posts for today...and you are posting the exact same post/message (today)...in several different threads...and you are (off-topic)....why are you doing this? It is really annoying and such troll behavior.



posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
ATTN all
I see it now
this
"1ReySon"
is perhaps a BOT of some sort......
28 posts today.....ALL of them the same text

I have sent msg to the mods.


Yes...this (1ReySon) person has just joined today...and if you look at this persons posts ...it is the same post...in every topic that (he or she) has answered today. I have alerted the Mods too.

Edit: It is now (2:37pm) PST...and (!ReySon) has been banned....that didn't take long....if it acts like a troll and reads like a troll...it is a troll!....bye-bye now....




edit on 6-1-2012 by caladonea because: add more



posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea
 

Well done.

S 4 U

High Five!



posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Excellent story and what a marvelous way too explain it
Its great



posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42
 


Thanks for patroling and catching the troll-bot in my thread.


And thank you as well caladonea for alerting the mods.
edit on 7-1-2012 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
reply to post by vogon42
 


Thanks for patroling and catching the troll-bot in my thread.


And thank you as well caladonea for alerting the mods.
edit on 7-1-2012 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)


You are most welcome (Icbjr1979)....I just saw your thank you this morning....we here at ATS have heard from your wife....you are in our prayers...and many healing wishes are sent your way.



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Actually one person got literally F8cked for the money.
That isn't how the stimulus package is working, it is a microcosm of the money system in it's entirety for those of us that are not living off the proceeds of usury.



posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
$100 Bill
It's a slow day in the small town of Pumphandle and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit.

A tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel, and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night.

As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.

(Stay with this.....and pay attention)

The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.

The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, the Co-op.

The guy at the Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.

The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel Owner.

(Almost done...keep reading)
The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the traveler will not suspect anything.

At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves.

No one produced anything. No one earned anything. However, the whole town now thinks that they are out of debt and there is a false atmosphere of optimism and glee.

And that, my friends, is how a "stimulus package" works!


I have to say this is one of the funniest things I have seen in quite a while. It is perfectly put. This is what should have been said to get the bailouts and stimulus packages to stop from fruition. Keep it up. Did you find this somewhere? Or write it yourself? If you wrote it... KEEP WRITING WE LOVE IT! (At least I do)
edit on 30-1-2012 by ThinkB4uSpeak because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
59
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join


ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 77 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP8 - Season Finale!

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def