$100 dollar bill. (I got this in an email)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+54 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
$100 Bill
It's a slow day in the small town of Pumphandle and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit.

A tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel, and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night.

As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.

(Stay with this.....and pay attention)

The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.

The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, the Co-op.

The guy at the Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.

The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel Owner.

(Almost done...keep reading)
The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the traveler will not suspect anything.

At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves.

No one produced anything. No one earned anything. However, the whole town now thinks that they are out of debt and there is a false atmosphere of optimism and glee.

And that, my friends, is how a "stimulus package" works!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Haha, Good story.
Good point to it too, bravo! SnF

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

created my account, as you posted this.

this is well worth my first post!

well done my friend, you have just brightened up my day

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WhistfulDamnation

Thanks glad I could help. Allow me to give you your first star. Welcome aboard.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Excellent post S&F for you!

Not really up to spec on financial jargon more of a auto-tech guy lol,you should do more like this

FINANCIAL JARGON FOR DUMMIES!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Good point but...

The only stimulation point was the prostitute I'm thinking.

SNF

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ScottishBiker420

I can not take credit for this story, I recieved it in an email, I have no idea who wrote but I thought it was brilliant and I had to share it with everyone here.

link   
That was very intresting things like this happening everyday...

link   
reply to post by jude11

Lol, Bazinga.

link   
If the man takes back the 100, then the prostitute has been doing buisness there for free..Just sayin

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The problem is we don't have any honest prostitutes in legislature.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This is a good one, i saw this on another board somewhere, makes you think!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I had heard this story before. It's great!

However... What if We eliminated the need for money to begin with? I say it is possible. Money merely represents meaningful energy expended. In Your story, it's the keeping up of the motel, the butchering of the pig, the raising/providing of the pig, the sexually satisfying a customer, and the keeping up of a motel...

So... If We add abundant free energy, money, used to account for energy in an energy-scarce society, becomes moot.

"But there IS no "free energy," You might say. Well. You're wrong.

Over 50 years ago the science of electrogravitics was pulled into black ops - ostensibly because it could be "weaponized." However, the real reason had everything to do with the threat to the power elite's power over Others, as it is money that gives Them this power. (Money/power/energy ire three forms of the same thing, like ice/water/steam.)

So... If awareness of this tech spreads to a tipping point, We can call for the release of electrogravitics from black ops and flood the planet with free energy, This will eliminate poverty, hunger and war.

For more, see My thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1/4/2012 by Amaterasu because: clarity

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasTruth
If the man takes back the 100, then the prostitute has been doing buisness there for free..Just sayin
k

haha, you beat me to it !

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is the stupidest thing I have ever read. It's called repaying debt.

Why start the story with the man putting the 100 bones down? They were all owed as well as oweing. No one has gained a thing.

Say the Inn keeper had a 100 in his pocket and repaid his debt, he would end up with that 100. He feels the same, not better. WOW. NONE OF THEM FEEL BETTER JUST THE SAME

This is not stimulus nor real debt. Add compound intrest and see who's happy.

Think about this, a circle each borrows the same and ends in the same spot.

I could do this all day with three friends in a circle..... so whats the point
edit on 4-1-2012 by Kargun because: (no reason given)
edit on 4-1-2012 by Kargun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

Well you have a right to your opinion, I just dont understand that if it was the dumbest thing you have read then why did you come back and edit twice. Typically if people dont like something they dont go back to it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Sorry friend, but this was already posted last month:

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread784199/pg1

It is well said, however.
Peace

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Good point but...

The only stimulation point was the prostitute I'm thinking.

SNF

Indeed was she blonde, brunette, how old, do we have dimensions ? , does she have a twitter ? , does she have a facebook ?

on a serious note, good point, but lets not forget my above questions right !

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

Now that was worth the time to read...thanks!!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
How does or more like why would a prostitute take credit? I thought only the high end ones got payed by credit cards. Thats just awful if she took I.o.u's. Good read though, those poor people are worse off now when reality hits them, all because they all thought they paid their debts off to each other.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join