It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a religion based on human sacrifice moral and ethical?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Is a religion based on human sacrifice moral and ethical?

Over the ages, a number of pagan religions have based their theology around the notion that God needs or wants sacrifices. This phenomena has been recorded on many continents from various tribes and peoples who had no knowledge of each other.

I find it strange that God, any God, would be pleased or able to be bribed by some sacrifice, be it human or not. Seems like it is just humans thinking they can somehow change God’s mind about anything from the weather, the forgiveness of sin or a better crop.

Can God be bribed by accepting burnt offerings such as virgins being thrown into volcanoes, meat or crops?

Can God be bought off so cheaply?

What of Jesus our brother?

Psalm 49:7
None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

If Christianity is based on human sacrifice, it seems to me that that would be immoral and unethical. It would mean that the innocent was murdered while the guilty were allowed to walk away. That is not good justice. Good justice says that the guilty pay and the innocent go free.

Is religious human sacrifice moral, ethical and good justice?

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

how do you know those being sacrificed were not willing?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

If youre referring to Jesus, he did what he had to do. At any time he could've called down 12 legions of angels and killed everyone on this ball of dirt if he chose to. He had a mission to complete and before he drew his last breath he said "it is accomplished".

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia

Would you sacrifice your only life to God?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

Would you sacrifice your only life to God?

I am willing. All he has to do is say the words. I have faith in him.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

And you're 100% positive you'll go to heaven if you kill yourself?

Why waste the gift you were given, makes no sense.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

I'd like to be able to say good-bye to my family first, but this is GOD we're talking about. He calls, I go.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

And you're 100% positive you'll go to heaven if you kill yourself?

Why waste the gift you were given, makes no sense.

Who said i would kill myself? I said i was willing to lay down my life for God, i didn't say i'd kill myself.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
for it was written, what soothes and heals, what is square, would you sacrifice one extra square to my image on your throne, will it cleanse you, can i win with squares, then wipe.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Didn't god send his son to earth to be sacrificed?? (yes, he did)

Why do christians SYMBOLIZE cannibalism by eating his flesh, and drinking his blood.

This is in the christian religion......you just refuse to see it.

It apparently is for christianity.....but dont loose hope, christianity is not the rule of the world. Others do see how wrong it is.
edit on 4-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Jesus said to Pilate "You have no power over me. I lay my life down and am able to pick it up again". That is the difference. He meant it literally, and literally it happened. He lay His life down, and He picked it back up. No other person ever sacrificed could ever do that.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Jesus said to Pilate "You have no power over me. I lay my life down and am able to pick it up again". That is the difference. He meant it literally, and literally it happened. He lay His life down, and He picked it back up. No other person ever sacrificed could ever do that.

But its still a sacrifice.....does the fact that he was reincarnated make it ethical?

BTW: I thought christians did not believe in reincarnation.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I cannot know.
Even if they were, it is immoral for us to shed our responsibilities to a hapless victim.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL
edit on 8-1-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

If youre referring to Jesus, he did what he had to do. At any time he could've called down 12 legions of angels and killed everyone on this ball of dirt if he chose to. He had a mission to complete and before he drew his last breath he said "it is accomplished".

And just before that he asked God---why have you forsaken me?

God's answer being------- because you are giving an immoral lesson.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Psalm 49:7
None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Why?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
Didn't god send his son to earth to be sacrificed?? (yes, he did)

Why do christians SYMBOLIZE cannibalism by eating his flesh, and drinking his blood.

This is in the christian religion......you just refuse to see it.

It apparently is for christianity.....but dont loose hope, christianity is not the rule of the world. Others do see how wrong it is.
edit on 4-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

+ 1

Intelligent people have already scrapped God's immoral laws.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You're killing yourself one way or the other. You can argue the manner in which it is worded all you want; you're still giving up your life.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

You're killing yourself one way or the other. You can argue the manner in which it is worded all you want; you're still giving up your life.

Strange how some cannot grasp simple concepts.

Regards
DL

top topics

join