It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think humans feel in the exact moment of death?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PlayeR87

I strongly believe this to be true. For starters, it could explain deja vu, and even ESP. I do believe we live over and over, but it may be even more complex than that, My theory is this;Our moment to moment existence could take place in an infinite number of superimposed universes. Reality in itself is simply the sum total of all possibilities in this "metaverse" One way to look at it is this. You are sitting in your chair right now, and you have the potential to do a great many things. You could get up and get a drink, scratch your head, change website addresses. It could be argued that any one of those chosen actions transports you to the particular universe where you took that action, and each action is a potentiality in a specific universe. Our consciousness simply moves through this soup of potentialities without being aware that from one milisecond to the next, we are actually traveling inter dimensionally. Our conscious mind determines the path and location in this meta-verse.So even the act of dying may simply through your consciousness into a new living body because the body you were in was simply a path in this superimposed meta-verse that ran out of possibilities, except for one last one, the possibility of entering a new body and starting over. Crazy maybe but I have thought about it a great many years and I think there are some theories in quantum physics that propose an infinite number of universes each containing a slightly different you in it.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eywadevotee

Now, why on earth would you post this and by what standard are you identifying god by? Are you not aware of the 370 greek deities? 99 Aztec? 126 Japanese? 192 Norse? Which god is able to offer absolution for the condition of yours, or anyone elses, eternal state? Might we consider just the monothesism religions? Well, there are the top 3 choices, if you're going for popularity, but 6 others are in contention for this position. All in all, there are about 4k gods...not including the christian saints. I hope that no one takes you serious, for you would possibly have the blood of another on your hands, being require by the G-d of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. Ancient scribes, or Masoretes, developed a complex system that was deemed accurate upon the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, though under constant scrutiny since the Bronze Age, and whose Hermeneutics and many Documentary Hypothesis have failed to discredit. Jehovah Yirei, Rophi, Nissi, Shlomi, Roi, Tsidkeini is I AM! Please, I adjure you...carefully regard accuracy. "The fear of The Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools dispise wisdom and instruction" Proverbs 1:7

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
One of the most dedicated researchers of near-death experiences is Susan Blackmore, a senior lecturer in psychology at the University of the West of England, a parapsychologist, and Zen Buddhist. She is the author of several books including: Dying to Live, In Search of the Light, and her latest, The Meme Machine. Her theories concerning NDEs are very impressive and well worth understanding. She is a formidable skeptic, not only of the "afterlife theory" of the NDE, but on many other paranormal phenomena. A critique of her book, Dying to Live, can be found on this website.

Susan is also one of the few researchers who actually had a NDE herself.

Susan Blackmore's NDE

Another excellent resource on scientific research into NDE

Near Death Experience Research Foundation
edit on 6-1-2012 by lucifuge because: additional info

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Near death experiences are caused by a chemical released by the pineal gland in the core of the brain called dimethyltryptomine. Its the strongest hallucinogenic known by man and is released every night, causing dreams. Not only that, but death, from old age or a slow death, is almost always a painless and happy one. When you see old people pass away with a smile, alright, maybe they're happy, but when you're about to die the brain releases tons of '___', for what reason I'm not sure, I'm sure there's research out there, but I'm too lazy to look it up. But all of these experiences and feelings of elation are caused by '___', released near death. All and all, its a happy, trippy passing lol

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lucifuge

I'm sorry but Susan Blackmore seems like a wack job. She stated that she had an NDE from smoking weed................

Watch this documentary if it hasn't been posted yet.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This is a very interesting post. I think that when a person dies, he/she either goes to meet their eternal King (see video below for more information), or they go to a place of eternal self-gratification.

edit on 7-1-2012 by TheBabylonianTurncoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I don't believe everyone is in agony when they pass.

I view death as the next chapter.
We are all here to do something whether its big or small..

Im trying to make sense of this clock theory.

What I find interesting

At the point of a persons death,

Does the postion of the earth, along with your location on the planet, relative to the constellations determine where you'll be going once your energy is released .

I think i just hurt my brain with this post..

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Picture death like this, a light switch was just turned off. Your brain is run by electrical circuits believe it or not. Those circuits are made by your organs pumping blood and other vital nutrients to your brain all the time. Once this is cutoff, your brain turns off and there is nothing. It is that fast, so no you won't feel anything. I have seen many people die in front of me and no they didn't squirm or look like they were in pain. Just nothing was there in a brief second. It's really that fast.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I would like to believe that it is like the eye of a hurricane. First you are born into this world, and life can itself be like a storm of events, then when you die there will be a peace, a calm sensation, then the next phase begins.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I think...we all are going to find out. So really discussing it is rather pointless, concentrate on life while its here.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBabylonianTurncoat
or they go to a place of eternal self-gratification.

I self gratify myself when nobody is watching.

edit on 8-1-2012 by SodderCell because: direct quote

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
After the possible pain and great fear, you will surrender to your fate, and all fear and pain then passes as you are released from this mortal plane.

And you will go on being you forever..

That is what really happens, and you will one day find out just how right I am...

Catch you on the flip side...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
That is what really happens, and you will one day find out just how right I am...

Well...Thats a bit suspenseful!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

And you will go on being you forever..
That is most people are afraid of.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

your mind does not stop working, you transition from here to there, you stop functioning on the chemical level and begin to function on the spirit/astral level.
there is no "Gap", a transition takes place.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

ROFL, you have NO idea what is true and what isn't.
Is it because the bible says suicides will be damned that they arrive there in a different mind-state or is it because suicide is illegal in the US and UK?.
sarcasm intended.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

your mind does not stop working, you transition from here to there,

We don't know who or what we will be there,very different from what we are here,I think.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

you have NO idea what is true and what isn't
You are right,we have no idea,but at least we can act like.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I cannot say with certainly what someone feels but i was a near drowning victim.

I was on a boat in a very deep lake called Lake Chelan. Keep in mind the water in this lake is very clear, easy to see 15 feet into the water maybe deeper. Since the lake can get rough especially where we were, it is common to tie off your boat away from the dock. To do this a cement anchor was set with a float attached to it, away from the dock about 25-30 feet. I was on the front of a 20' boat and tied the rope to the boat hooks (not sure the actual name for them), then i jumped over the windshield. My friend and his parents were standing on the dock ready to pull the back of the boat toward the dock for me to jump off the boat onto the dock. This part never happened. What happen (it was fully understood later) the cement anchor slid off a shelf it was sitting on and sank deep into the lake. When this happened the rope I tied off that was attached to the cement anchor float stood the boat straight up and towed it right down to the bottom. The boat was never recovered and depth finders showed the depth in that area was over 999'. When it stood straight up i was thrown against the dash with water gushing over me.

All i remeber was fighting my way off the dash and trying to get away from the boat. I had no breath because this happened unexpectedly. When i got free i do not know how deep i was but i could see the sky. Problem was it was the size of a hoola hoop and shrinking. As I was swimming to the daylight the light circle got as small as a quarter. At this point I then blacked out. I was told I was dead for at least 2 minutes while my friend and his parents performed CPR on me saving my life.

During this time I was blinded by an extremely bright light (i guess). I did not hear anything. I did not feel anything like heat or cold but I do recall feeling calm and I had a sense of freedom of thought. After I came too and was coughing up water i could not see. I was blind for several minutes. The doctors could not explain this other than shock. I have no long term effects from this other than some fear of water and boats.

As I reflect back I feel like I was about to be absorbed by a very large energy source. The source appeared to be totally compatible to me and therefore I felt no fear of it. Not sure why I was rejected and sent back but i am thankful that it was not my time. Typing this story has given me goosebumps and chills!

Great post, this question I am sure is on a lot of minds.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I recently underwent wrist surgery. A few days after the surgery I was over a friends house. A person who was also at my friends house started describing what would be happening inside my wrist if I hit it somehow. The description and the vivid thought of what he was describing in my mind was enough to induce a vaso-vagal reaction. I was sitting up when this happened and when I came too I was laying on the floor with my face mushed into the carpet. The funny thing is when I regained consciousnesses I was extremely confused because as far as I was concerned I was still sitting up on the couch. I had no recollection of actually dropping to the floor at all. I had no recollection of anything except for looking at my friend and then being on the floor. Maybe death like that. You are suddenly somewhere else without realizing what happened at first.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join