It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think humans feel in the exact moment of death?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Well according to Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue fame in his book - The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star one experience (of many) he had of dying said it was painful. He remembers his entire body seizing up and the excruciating pain that ensued before passing out.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I believe that every person has different feelings at the time of death.I believe that because of what i have witnessed and from what my mother has told me ,when my 2 grandfathers and my grandmother died.They all died in a hospital from cancer.

When my first grandfather died i was 10 years old and i wasn't present at the moment of his passing.A couple of months earlier his sister had died and my grandmother never told him.According to my mother the moment before he died,he opened his eyes and he looked up and he said "oh god,not her".My mother believed that he saw his sister. He felt sorrow,but not for him, for his sister.He had made peace with himself and he was ready.

My second grandfather,who was a really bad person,the moment of his passing was out of a horror story.He was in a coma and suddenly he started screaming (not from pain) and he had this expression on his face,like he was seeing the most horrible thing in the world.He was fighting against something,we couldn't see,the doctors had to restrain him.So i bet he felt fear.

My grandmother the moment of her death(she was in a coma,too),opened her eyes,smiled and raised her hands,like she was trying to catch someone and just left peacefully.She was deeply religious and she had prepared spiritually according to her beliefs.

So depends on the person and how ready someone is to pass.Also depends on each person's religious beliefs or beliefs for the afterlife.

We all are afraid of that moment that sooner or later will come.The problem is how we are facing that moment.

If someone is afraid to die,then the feelings will be strong and propably negative.If you have made peace with yourself and with the people around you you will have no fear.

There are testimonies of different phenomena that occur when someone dies, like a clock that is stopping at the exact moment of death.

The human soul is energy.So a burst of energy when interact with electonic devices propably have an affect on them,the same way an EMP has on electronics.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Until some scientific data comes
It's very hard to find scientific data in the most important mystery of the humanity.This is the ultimate experience of the human beings,and we try to find the truth for thousands of years now.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Who can say but those who have passed and returned, and even they give different accounts, even if some give similar accounts (which could likely be due to having the expectation of something).
I am sure that things are different between real dying and the experience that people have in NDE,that's why no one find an answer to this.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by benzanato

Here's my take
We all have the right to imagine how it's like,and is good to imagine and have fears,maybe this will make us better persons.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Relieve
and hope that I end up on another planet for my next live

edit on 5-1-2012 by ibegood2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
As someone who has died on more then one occasion and came back each and everytime the feeling is euphoric elation! No pain, no worries, no nothing but elation!
I think they reach a stage where they find a small part of the truth.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ibegood2

Relieve
and hope that I end up on another planet for my next live

edit on 5-1-2012 by ibegood2 because: (no reason given)
One must hope what he believe.It's very important to respect every opinion.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Funny picture image. I don't believe in reincarnation, but it reminded me of the movie
As usually case scenarios are many as they were before 9/11,but none of them match the reality.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazloFarnsworth
Nothing. You cease to feel anything. You are no longer alive to feel. Its not like you can be dead and say "WOW! That REALLY hurt!".
you mean the body cannot feel anything,no one can say what we feel in the moment of death or after...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrperplexed
My near death experience

When I was in High School many years ago I was in a terrible car accident where we flipped upside down into a river and were completely submerged.

I remember it clear as day. The car immediately filled up with water, there was no slow rising like you see in the movies. I was suspended upside down by my seat belt and my weight made me unable to release the buckle. Ironically I was the only passenger of the 4 of us to be wearing a seat belt, and the only passenger that was trapped. My friends had a breathing pocket on the floorboards of the car and underwater I could hear them calling my name as everyone was present but me.

I basically held my breath, waiting to die as I realized at the time the situation was utterly hopeless for me, and again I have a perfect clear memory of the event...for better or worse.

Here's the thing..as I held my breath there was no moment of desperation.. it was more like falling asleep.It was not like a clock stopping. In fact, it was rather peaceful. I was under water for 8 minutes or so, according to paramedics who were able to resuscitate me. Does this constitute death? I was certainly flatlined, and I certainly was not coming back without intervention of some sort...

My emotional range went like this, I immediately accepted what was happening and was aware I was going to die. I remember saying to myself, "well this is how I am going to die"... and I felt absolute peace about it after only a split second of anxiety. If I can relate it to any other experience, it is like the anxiety and subsequent relaxation you feel of when you are in a plane and it first starts taking off down the runway... that twinge of anxiety that goes away once you know things are OK..... My next thoughts were of my family, and wondering how they were going to take it, i felt sorry that they would be grieving for me... other than that I could hear my heartbeat slowing down as I held my breath.. then I just drifted off... [snip]
I can tell you there certainly was a period of nothingness, and in between the nothingness and consciousness, there is, for lack of a better term, "cognitive reasoning" where your brain is lucid and you basically have a choice to live or not.. It feels that your consciousness is separated from your body, I remember it clearly and is really for another thread....

But to answer your question, in my experience I was aware i was dying, and the actual moment of death was not bad at all.. rather one of the most serene moments was in that minute I was holding my breath, knowing I had nothing left in my life to fear..

edit on 4-1-2012 by mrperplexed because: Additional info: Everyone lived :-)

edit on 4-1-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

Wow how you explained when you were dying is exactly how I would imagine it!! Wow and that is an amazing story, they details are pristine. Thanks for sharing that mate.

Regards Jay

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Just read your post , I believe the feeling is intense euphoria ! read the book '___' the spirit molecule and the tibetan book of the dead.
When we die our brains are overwhelmed by a chemical called '___' which causes mass onset hallucination within seconds . Hallucinations come with euphoria , so I dont think anyone really suffers pain at the exact moment of death more of a relief !

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

I dont think anyone really suffers pain at the exact moment of death more of a relief !
Could be pain combined with relief a unique feeling in the exact moment of death.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by BrokenCircles

If you disagree, then tell me why
Because no one know what we feel in the exact moment of death.

[color=FFFBBF]Nonsense. You ask a question based on opinion, but are unwilling and/or incapable of discussing it, due to already having a preconceived notion that there is only one possible answer.

[color=C7F5BD]It appears that your goal is no more than that of an attention seeker. Effective immediately after this post, I will no longer be assisting you with that goal.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnswerSeeker2012
I died in 1986 and was gone for 45 minutes. It was just as if I went to sleep. No biggy. I remember everything from the otherside. I was at a much higher conciousness level. That's the best way to describe it.
45 minutes is a long time.It's hard to return back to life after 45 minutes ,the brain cannot function and if so that person will remain with brain damage forever.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Nonsense. You ask a question based on opinion, but are unwilling and/or incapable of discussing it, due to already having a preconceived notion that there is only one possible answer.
I accept all the other opinion stated here as platform in order to analyze this phenomena,there is not only one truth about this, as long as there is no scientific proof of it.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

TextIt appears that your goal is no more than that of an attention seeker. Effective immediately after this post, I will no longer be assisting you with that goal. signature: Im a product of your hate . . . . Just the one that you create. Is anybody listening to a word I say? . . . . I Hate Today
I understand your opinion and I respect it.This is a high spiritual thinking matter and not scientific.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
Its like taking off a tight shoe you have been wearing for 12 hours.

After you take off a tight show,you are still alive.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Should we or should we not fear it? That's the question.
As long as we don't really know what is there I think we should fear,but fear not as long as we do no harm here on earth.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by BO XIAN

I don't understand your sentence
Which one of them?

FEAR--EXTREME TERROR

That is all the people are afraid of,those who realize their sins are the road to hell, those are the happy one

That one. I really don't understand what you're saying.

I would like to understand.
Because they still have time to resurrect from their sins by asking forgiveness to those who they have done evil.He said"the revenge will be mine",

Everything will be paid one day, good or bad.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join