It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bush Orders Sanctions on Venezuela

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hmmm.... So bush wants PDVSA (the venezuelian oil company) then?? We already have Venezuelians trying to enter Aruba illegally by boat, now with the sanctions it might be more...

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Good they screwed canada big time,they agreed on a deal that would send Orimulsion (a mixture of water and bitumen) to canada,. but half way through construction of the project they backed out of the deal and left canada with a huge debt and put thousands out of work including me!

Orimulsion, a mixture of water and bitumen produced only in Venezuela, was supposed to fuel the newly refurbished Coleson Cove power plant near Saint John, N.B.
The 20-year, $1.5-billion deal for Orimulsion fell apart earlier this year after the Venezuelan government decided to scrap its Orimulsion production.

In February, NB Power launched a $2-billion lawsuit against Petroleos de Venezuela (PDVSA) and its subsidiary Bitumenes Orinoco (Bitor) in an attempt to secure the Orimulsion fuel supply.

NB Power believes it has a binding agreement with Bitor for Orimulsion.
As part of the Orimulsion deal, work had started on a fuel delivery system to pipe the fuel from Saint John to the Coleson Cove plant.

They had it coming.. I had a little smirk on my face after I read this! :~/

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
As international observers were able to demonstrate the recent Venezuelan poll was, in all meaningful senses of the terms, legal, free and fair. They actually did audit the polling.

A 'paper trail' from the electronic voting machines allowed an audit of the poll......more than can be said for the machines about to be used in the US 2004 election, by the way.

Clearly Bush is clutching at fresh straws as the original tack to change the Venezuelan government didn't work.

I mean, since when was Venezuela the place to start when on a brand new 'crusade' over (yes of course he is) human rights?

I'm not saying there aren't problems but the biggest help would be to clamp down on the US side of the 'sex-tourism' if anyone is actually serious about this......and so, has Bush introduced any new measures on this? Yeah right.

But, is this it? Is this the US future?

Perpertual war. Syria, Iran, North Korea, Venezuela etc etc.

Better dust down those draft plans.....Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz and Co might have side-stepped it but they're looking like they intend you or your kids don't miss out!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join