It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear bomb shelters completed ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

If you have a point to say about the topic on hand please just make it....
No need to put 5 or so posts (which are nothing to do with the OP) to gear up to your post which makes sense....

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
why make bomb shelters at all? You have to think of the purpose no matter who builds them especially those in high power ALL around the world.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Your doing it again just tell us whats on your mind ffs stop posting questions you are going to answer yourself in a while.
ffs dude? wtf?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ROYALMARINE1987

ok my grandson said you should be teaching i had to defer that last course i told him but we were discussing what goes on in a nuclear explosion he being 13 knew absolutely nothing about nuclear energy or bombs as i grew up during the cold war we most of us were aware of what could happen yes i studied physics and chemistry . this wee man was amazed when i showed him the link to the tsar bomb etc . why dont they teach this at school was his question ? people who think that shelters will protect them from radiation indefinitely are deluding themselves as long as people think this way nuclear war is inevitable thats my rant ;

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Nukes will be fitted with bunker busters.they will find a way some how to kill the innocent civilians taking shelter

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by alexs

The way I see it is the only way man kind could forever exist with out wiping the planet out is to be under 1 power.maybe if china has a secret tool for disarming nukes and unleashing its mighty red army on the rest of the world and taking over a lot will suffer but in the end the threat of nuclear fall out would be gone. maybe we should just all surrender.i like Chinese food anyway

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by alexs

Just to point out even if we did have nuclear war the effects are greatly exaggerated in the media etc

www.princeton.edu...

www.fas.org...

(Thanks to Nenothtu for the links and for educating me into the effects)

in this post here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not saying it wouldn't be bad but just read the info and it may brighten up your day

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Yes I have seen those and they are quite cool, although just a bit out of my price range...

I will look, but I remember seeing a pdf on a trench with a wood top with shored up sides and a dirt covered wood roof.
The initial blast is the first thing you MUST avoid, this can be done with a simple ditch as long as the blast wave goes over you.
Second is the fallout and distance is your greatest help there.
The more "stuff" you have in between you and the fallout. dirt, phone books, plywood, Etc.

(Edit)
This is not it but is a great starting point.
Note how easy it caan really be.
AlertUSA
edit on 3-1-2012 by g146541 because: info

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TBR47
its pointless having enough shelters to house an entire population.radiation lasts for years before it even becomes remotely safe to go back out side. there is no way a country could hold that much food.unless they are planning on the people been life stock

I am not sure you understand how a Nuke weapon is supposed to work. They detonate at like 6,000 ft not ground zero so radiation is all over in weeks, making occupation available.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

That cheered me up no end

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I had posted it before and will post it again:
-----
I know someone from the russian military and he says that russian general staff is very pissed with america attempting to destroy it via subversion.I wouldn't be surprised if major chemical,bio or nuke attacks happen on NATO forces in a matter of months and it would be on a massive scale.God, the russian military and the communist KPRF is pissed at america's attempt to destabilize it.
------

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

USA has 5000 warheads and those 5000 shelters are for Moscow itself. So how many nukes will you expend ??

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Also how do they plan to get all these people into the shelters if the 4 minute warning sounds
Simple: DOGPILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

You ask,

What about us

And directly answered your own question with the boy scout motto.

Be prepared !

I am just here to reinforce your correct response.
The only person you can count on to take care of you, is you!
Start digging Brother!
A bomb shelter does not have to be as big or deep as some think, some can be quite small and manageable.
Unless of course you are at ground zero, then you might begin to explore other options.
This is the answer of a true American!
Self sufficiency

I salute you brother!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

i know of two in the blackburn with darwen area but i think that one of them is a food storage .

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

its pointless having enough shelters to house an entire population.radiation lasts for years before it even becomes remotely safe to go back out side. there is no way a country could hold that much food.unless they are planning on the people been life stock

This is actually a nonsense rumor that just will not go away because there is a lack of education on the subject. It was promoted in the 80s to scare people into pushing for disarmament.

Radioactive fallout from a nuclear explosion, though very dangerous initially, loses its intensity quickly because it is giving off so much energy. For example, fallout emitting gamma ray radiation at a rate over 500 R/hr (fatal with one hour of exposure) shortly after an explosion, weakens to only 1/10th as strong 7 hours later. Two days later, it's only 1/100th as strong, or as deadly, as it was initially.

As long as the same sheltering cycle is followed for each exchange, its not only survivable but not likely to have long term health effects.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well that just makes me feel all kinda of better....
Not..

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
russia must increase nuclear war preparation 1000 fold.With Iowa election fraud Santorum and Romney the warmongers are going to enter power anyways and WW3 will initiate thanks to them.Russia must be prepared to destroy the aggressor NATO and survive the nuclear exchange.I applaud the efforts of Russia to save its people.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
We have got the best defense system ever. Show the nukes a picture of Ed Miliband, they would turn around and fly back to their country of origin.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
either:

1. somebody in the inner circle just made a mountain of cash from a totally spurious public works program.
2. They know something bad is coming and are preparing because they can get away with it without getting asked why (unlike the west).

pick your poison. :-)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join