It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear bomb shelters completed ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I'm just wondering the status on these shelters i have heard they are now completed.

What worries me is governments around the world are in talks to dissemble nuclear explosives but yet Russia feels the need to build nuclear bunkers personally i think something is coming. Sweden have already got enough shelters to accommodate their population.

I think its a disgrace how they are all prepared but the UK stands bare GOD SAVE OUR QUEEN.

What about us i ask what happens if someone pushes that red button.

Be prepared !
edit on 3-1-2012 by ROYALMARINE1987 because: Couldn't get youtube link to work

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The last story I read quite a while ago said they were to be completed by November 2011, but I haven't seen anything lately.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
its pointless having enough shelters to house an entire population.radiation lasts for years before it even becomes remotely safe to go back out side. there is no way a country could hold that much food.unless they are planning on the people been life stock

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You forget about the fact that we in the UK have Tea, crumpets and lots of queuing, The Tea and crumpets get rid of radiation, but imagine the waiting in line if we did have bomb shelters?

But back to your point would we want to live after the bombs have dropped? I wouldn't like to live underground for years.

When I was a kid during the 80's I lived near Woodford Air base and the talk was if the nukes were fired they (at Woodford airbase) would let 500 people in the shelter they had.

But do the russians know something we don't? do they know nuclear war IS going to happen? if not why bother building all the shelters.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ROYALMARINE1987

Lets just hope our little island has a very good missile defence system or we are screwed.i guess we have the channel tunnel lol

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
i find your statement funny. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.
they will be in a bunker with the vatican.
while you left standing alone.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

My point exactly Russia is a very secretive country and we all know how unpredictable Russia is there was an article i read not so long back about possible UK MI6 agents posing as tourists and had been detained.

Ill see if i can get that, Never the less if they are not up-to anything why is this country so secretive. I maybe paranoid but precaution always saves lives.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Also how do they plan to get all these people into the shelters if the 4 minute warning sounds

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Bomb shelters could be used for multiple things, not just nuclear war.

But yeah, it was kind of strange that they built these new bunkers...

It does make one wonder.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk... /news/politics/8834736/Suspected-Russian-spy-admits-affair-with-Lib-Dem-MP-Mike-Hancock.html

HAHA I can remember this as well anyway ill see if i can get the statement about MI6

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

They had 50% of the population covered now they will have 100% covered not everyone will be saved if the s**** hit the fan but lots will just strange.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u

I don't believe that for one minute...Our Queen has more dignity than that, just look at what she did during WW2.
She like any good captain of a ship would go down with it.
(Iam not a royalist but credit where credit is due she is decent person)
edit on 3-1-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

link   

good luck on that thinking.

link   
reply to post by TBR47

Lol i think the force of the blast would demolish any tunnel lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
LOL she wouldn't have a choice her armed personnel would make her to go to shelter. There protocol is to protect the queen no matter what. Hence GOD SAVE OUR QUEEN lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I don't believe that for one minute...Our Queen has more dignity than that, just look at what she did during WW2.
She like any good captain of a ship would go down with it.
(Iam not a royalist but credit where credit is due she is decent person)
edit on 3-1-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

do you think you are any more special than princess dianna?
look what happen to her.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I know in the uk there are plenty of abandoned or disused shelters, mainly from the cold war period. Dont know how many we got functioning, not many i bet. Although Tesco's looks pretty sturdy. Personally i agree and think we are on the brink of something here. I dont have a reason why, deep down u think Iran COULD be the start? but im not sure....

I have only recently started thinking about why really governments do this and why that? Are they all in on the same regime?

Anyhow, im sure the leaders of the countries who put civilian lives at risk are not as worried as maybe we are....
Unless someone forgets the caviar before they slammed the door....

edit on 3-1-2012 by deadeyedavies because: spelling

link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Thumbs up on that one that was 100% a murder she knew too much.

link   
Maybe they are just bunkers not nuclear bunkers, and that is just a cover for them to not get the public panicking too much. Russia is vulnerable to earth quakes and Sweden is too i think.if this 2012 theory is correct.the u.k is not on any tectonic plate and wont be effected by anything our biggest threat is a tsunami reaching us from Spain. which will of weakened we might still get a big wet though on the coast.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I really think if 1000's of bombs were heading our way she would say "No take my grandson and his fit Mrs to the bunker I will stay with my people"

Just to ask if she commanded to be left would you have to obey her?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join