It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are "Glitter Bombs" OK?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Gay activists are throwing glitter bombs at different republicans active in politics it just recently happened to Rick Santorum.

But I mean really a "Glitter Bomb"? WTF is that? Can't gays reasonably talk about their issues with republicans instead of throwing a bunch of glitter at them and then walking away. It just seems silly to me that they would complain and complain about the republicans and then just throw glitter at them and walk away. I think it's ridiculous and the gays that partake in glitter bombs should be disgusted at themselves. No not because they are gay, but because they have stooped to such low levels to try to get really conservative people to listen to their viewpoints.

The people can say, "I do not like your stance on gay marriage." And then, the conversation will commence.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I hadn't heard of these until very recently. Very childish, but a protesting action non the less. Just a little sillier than throwing shoes at George W.

It's just to make a point, there are extremists in every movement. Although I largely disagree with the gay movement in general, it does more harm to people's rights than good in the long term.

That's another topic though. As for glittler bombs being "ok", they don't hurt anybody, it's not assault, it's just hillarious when it happens to some hard up conservative.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I love the Glitter Bombs.

What a fun way to call out those who promote anti-gay garbage.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I love the Glitter Bombs.

What a fun way to call out those who promote anti-gay garbage.

We know what gays do. We know that conservatives don't like them. What's the point?

I honestly don't understand this line of thinking.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think its hilarious
i can picture it! but yes will not help them in anyway get thier views heard
sorry

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77 Can't gays reasonably talk about their issues with republicans instead of throwing a bunch of glitter at them and then walking away.

You really just said that in all seriousness?

Guess you are not very informed on political advocates of the LGBT.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by jjf3rd77 Can't gays reasonably talk about their issues with republicans instead of throwing a bunch of glitter at them and then walking away.

You really just said that in all seriousness?

Guess you are not very informed on political advocates of the LGBT.

Maybe its wishful thinking sure, but WTF is a glitter bomb. Are they hoping the magic glitter will make Rick Santorum change his mind? Or are they hoping that it will turn him gay? C'mon there's better use for your time.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Here is a small sampling of some official LGBT political websites.

In the mean time - - GO! GLITTER!

www.victoryfund.org...
thetaskforce.org...
blog.seattlepi.com...
www.gaypolitics.com...
www.washingtonblade.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
What,no rainbow bombs??

JK

At what point do those candidates get secret service protection.

Might be a little risky to throw a glitter bomb,they might get a little trigger happy,ya know.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Love it, TBH more politicians needs glitter bombs in there lives, maybe the world would be a happier place, or at least there decisions might be tainted to be more the happier lighter side of living?

edit on 3-1-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

In fact the only bombs that any military can use should be made from glitter and fanatical warheads should be made from confetti!!!

What a nice picture is have painted, or at least it would be to live in a world like that.
edit on 3-1-2012 by definity because: goood idea

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Your a American, does that mean you back the Iraq war? No, a handful of peoples actions does not represent a whole community. This is how and why the media can demonize groups because we are brain washed to look at ones persons action as a act of a whole group. Just like the few "protestors" that broke a couple windows, they do not represent the group as a whole no one can represent a group as a whole. I thought more American's would have learned this after Bush but I guess not.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
Your a American, does that mean you back the Iraq war? No, a handful of peoples actions does not represent a whole community. This is how and why the media can demonize groups because we are brain washed to look at ones persons action as a act of a whole group. Just like the few "protestors" that broke a couple windows, they do not represent the group as a whole no one can represent a group as a whole. I thought more American's would have learned this after Bush but I guess not.

Who's denouncing gays? Nobody. I said that the gay people who participate in these actions should be disgusted at themselves for throwing glitter at someone to try to prove a point. Since when does that ever do anything in real life?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If only they used glitter bombs in real warfare, would make it fun instead of being horrid.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I could say that bra burning during Women Rights didn't accomplish anything in that moment..

But we all know it certainly did. Symbolism is good for any movement, however silly it may be.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
I said that the gay people who participate in these actions should be disgusted at themselves for throwing glitter at someone to try to prove a point. Since when does that ever do anything in real life?

It got your attention. It got you talking didn't it?

Enough to start a discussion thread.

edit on 3-1-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
How #ing gay.

"GLITTER BOMB!!!"
*feminine toss*

I'd be pissed, that's all I have to say. If that's their way of trying to be taken seriously, they're failing. That's how you get your ass kicked where I'm from lol
edit on 3-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

Wow how very Macho of you.
Like annie has pointed out it has worked because you have read about it at least they are not killing anyone to get a point across.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I took them more seriously before I read about this.

That's just stupid. If people don't agree with gay marriage, let's just piss them off by covering them with glitter!

No logic.

Just because people read about it, doesn't mean they're getting the POSITIVE attention they seek.
edit on 3-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
as fun and light hearted as this is... Its gonna turn ugly... remember the "little white powder"

not everyone is accepting as those who posted on this thread... you know what im saying?

I agree with the "i disagree with your political stance" statement.... I mean lets break this down...

acting like a stereotype... is creating the tension in the first place.... Yeah be proud of you... but try to adapt to a mature adult setting, way to set your cause back 30 years.....

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
What seems to be the problem? Everyone needs a little glitter in their lives lmao

I LOVE it lol, freedom of expression right?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join