It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four people taken to hospital after 'white powder' incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Four people taken to hospital after 'white powder' incident

www.presstv.com

Four people, including a fire-rescue worker, were taken to a local hospital Tuesday morning following a suspicious 'white powder' incident at the Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office Initial testing of the powder was "inconclusive", according to Allan Ortman, emergency manager for the City of West Palm Beach.

"The colors didn't change the way they normally do, so there was a little bit of concern," said Ortman, adding that there's no direct threat to other people.

The powder has been sent to an FBI lab for further testing, and it could be identified within the nex
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1/3/2012 by Mirthful Me because: Title...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This part of the article raised my red flag...

"Scott, who noted that it is "rare" for anyone to be transported to a hospital as a result of such an incident, said the fire-rescue worker was taken to Good Samaritan for possible "cardiac issue". sun-sentinel.com"
Quote.

If they are sealing off the area, waiting for the FBI to test the powder because they are not sure what it is, then why are they transporting victims to hospitals?

They themselves don't know what they are dealing with, but they are willing to risk the general population?

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-1-2012 by Jerisa because: fixed it

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
They test On site for anthrax etc etc or any harmful substance so it is a general precaution to take the people involved to hospital. However im sure they have put a cordon round the area of the potential hazard im sure everything will be fine be nice to find out what it is though.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
A typical reply.....

Ortman added that the fire-rescue and mail room workers' symptoms could be psychosomatic. sun-sentinel.com

It's all in your head go back to work. Take two aspirin and call me in the morning, meanwhile, they infect everyone else. Can't believe they even said that statement.

But all 3 of them felt lightheaded. Obviously, something was in the powder.

edit on 3-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I bet if the police put their tester vial thingy, it turns blue.

edit on 3-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Here's some additional information from the thread I started this morning on this topic.

Initial reports say it wasn't hazardous, but the FBI is investigating.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I don't think they have to worry about them "infecting" people unless they had excess amounts of the powder to expose. Unlikely it was something contagious and feeling "lightheaded" is the most likely psychosomatic response. It would have to be something incredibly wicked to warrant quarantining the people. I think they took them to the hospital anyway. If anything I think the government usually over reacts in these situations.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
it was probably talc

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Any news yet on what the powder was, where it came from or who it was to?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NotApplicable

From what I can tell, the FBI have taken over the investigation and have asked that all correspondence go through them.

On a side note, that was the second incident that day of white powder. The other was at the Navy Seals Museum in Miami.
www.wpbf.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.wpbf.com...

new topics

top topics

join