It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Alien Fossil Stone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
10 years ago I was with a couple of friends, swimming in a lake in the heart of Poland (Europe). While coming back on-shore i hit my foot on a stone underwater, so I put my hand in to see what it was and fished out this weird looking stone/gem with fossilized little worms , strings , and bacteria-type looking things.

I showed it to my friends and family, and they all thought it was kind of weird but didn't put further interest to it.
So i put the stone away in box, for 10 years.

It was just one month ago when I decided to run a check on it to see what material its composed of. I sent it to a geology lab here in germany. After 2 weeks I got the results and it was amazing.

It contained 30 extraterrestrial amino acids and other compounds including carboxylic acids, hydroxy carboxylic acids, sulphonic and phosphonic acids, aliphatic, aromatic and polar hydrocarbons, fullerenes, heterocycles, carbonyl compounds, alcohols, amines and amides.
They also commented that theres a 23% chance that this stone is part of a larger meteorite.

So what do I do with such a rare find?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Sell it on ebay and see how much you get for it.

Pretty cool rock find.

edit on 3-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

...have it cut into pieces and send them to various science journals, and independent researchers?

Thanx for sharing!

S&F!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
What an interesting find you have. I'm impressed you took the time to send it to experts to analyze it.

To my eyes, on first seeing it, my impression was of a piece of fossilized bone. Just the shape and texture, and my own active imagination.

TY for sharing it with us

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

post by Anim8tr
I sent it to a geology lab here in germany. After 2 weeks I got the results and it was amazing.

Any chance of posting that lab report or transcribing the contents of the report ?

Its not unusual to find amino acids in meteorites and its believed they are part of the process of seeding life known as Panspermia .
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
leiwenwu.tripod.com...

So what do I do with such a rare find?

I would keep hold of it as you probably have a piece left over from the formation of of our Galaxy
and I for one am a bit jealous .

edit on 3-1-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
its probably a 100000 year old alien smart bomb waiting for some human to cut it up and release hell upon us!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This looks like Flint (Fire stone), which you can find anywhere along the coast of denmark.
In my hunt for fossils i have seen these many times in all size and shapes, they often contain fossilized tube worms and other microbes, they are sometimes transparent and contains chalk and lime.

Flint is a hard, sedimentary cryptocrystalline form of the mineral quartz,[1][2] categorized as a variety of chert. It occurs chiefly as nodules and masses in sedimentary rocks, such as chalks and limestones.[3][4] Inside the nodule, flint is usually dark grey, black, green, white, or brown in colour, and often has a glassy or waxy appearance. A thin layer on the outside of the nodules is usually different in colour, typically white and rough in texture. From a petrological point of view, "flint" refers specifically to the form of chert which occurs in chalk or marly limestone. Similarly, "common chert" (sometimes referred to simply as "chert") occurs in limestone.

edit on 3-1-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
More than likely, what you have there is an agate with inclusions. The filaments you are calling bacteria is probably oxide crystal filaments or impurities which "grew" in the silica rich gel of the agate during it's formation. This type of agate is known as moss agate or plume agate. The inclusions could also be Sagenite or Rutile. If it's Rutile needles than what you have is Rutiliated quartz and I would be interested in buying it if you want to sell....

Agate is merely a form of Chalcedony - macro crystaline quartz.

I'm calling BS on the the Geology lab report unless you can produce the report itself.

ETA: Funny how your list of organic compunds exactly matches the description of Carbonaceous Chondrites meteorites. Like a copy and paste job....

The CM meteorite Murchison has been found to contain more than 70 extraterrestrial amino acids and several other classes of compounds including carboxylic acids, hydroxy carboxylic acids, sulphonic and phosphonic acids, aliphatic, aromatic and polar hydrocarbons, fullerenes, heterocycles as well as carbonyl compounds, alcohols, amines and amides.

The rock in your video looks translucent, not opaque. Carbonaceous Chondrites are opaque not translucent.

edit on 3-1-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
how much does a mineral lab report cost?

was it a university lab or another private firm

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
More than likely, what you have there is an agate with inclusions. The filaments you are calling bacteria is probably oxide crystal filaments or impurities which "grew" in the silica rich gel of the agate during it's formation. This type of agate is known as moss agate or plume agate.

I would have to agree with this. I have been a rock hound for years and I have many many pieces of moss agate, some polished some rough and from what you described plus the images shown in your video I would say more likely than not that what you have there is a good specimen of moss agate. It does not look meteoric.

I would also love to see the lab report.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by clowdstalker

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
More than likely, what you have there is an agate with inclusions. The filaments you are calling bacteria is probably oxide crystal filaments or impurities which "grew" in the silica rich gel of the agate during it's formation. This type of agate is known as moss agate or plume agate.

I would have to agree with this. I have been a rock hound for years and I have many many pieces of moss agate, some polished some rough and from what you described plus the images shown in your video I would say more likely than not that what you have there is a good specimen of moss agate. It does not look meteoric.

I would also love to see the lab report.

Very cool! Also good to meet a fellow rock hound. Added you as a friend.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

Let me get this right, you pulled it from the water with river sludge, wetness etc. attached to it, and saw bacteria like structures on it without a microscope and cleaning, and just decided to take it home and put it in a box for ten years? Not to mention the fact that you've only just registered and need to get yourself an opening thread? Dont listen to him, it's pure and utter B.S.
Like another poster above said,he's copied and pasted that info for the lab report from other peoples work on chondrite materials... It really is getting worse on here as time goes by. Cant even come up with even halfway believable B.S. nowadays. In no way does it look like a gem or partial meteorite, it looks like some form of sedimentary material to me, then what do I know, I'm no expert. Just my opinion, but my gut tells me B.S.

edit on 3-1-2012 by DARREN1976 because: errors rectified

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

That's obviously Martian doggie-doo.

Looks like someone is overdue for a vet visit!

top topics

join