It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Lawrence murder: Dobson and Norris found guilty

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I also found it odd that in all the undercover surveillance never showed them actually talking about being involved in it- they obviously were not the nicest of chaps but that struck me as strange.

I feel this will not be the end of it, what jury could not have been tainted by 18 years of press accusation such as the Daily Mail were involved in

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
The argument was that the police were saying it wasnt a racist attack - which it was. So i see why they got accused of been racist them selves.

Just like the poster i called an idiot for bringing the subject of " wouldn't hear about it if he was white w/e" well would it of taken this logn if he was white(?) its a subject i dotn want to discuss, just making people aware.

no, an entire institution was branded racist even though no specific racism could be found.

Interestingly (for want of a better word) I note this sort of group think has really permeated the police- that recent horrible murder ofthe Indian lad in Salford- the police made an announcement that although they could find no evidence of racism, they were treating it as a "hate crime" because of some thoughts in the local "community".

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Ok good point, i didnt think of it like that.

But. . We live in a PC world now and not so much back when them accusations came about, we did really live in a pretty racist place back then, we're bigger people now (majority anyway)

And as for the Indian murder, maybe was a hate crime. It is an unfortunate fact that if a random murder is committed on a person of another ethnicity, it is just because of that fact - their ethnicity is different.

Or maybe he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, could be factor of both - either one its not an issue that need ignoring.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

Ok good point, i didnt think of it like that.

But. . We live in a PC world now and not so much back when them accusations came about, we did really live in a pretty racist place back then, we're bigger people now (majority anyway)

And as for the Indian murder, maybe was a hate crime. It is an unfortunate fact that if a random murder is committed on a person of another ethnicity, it is just because of that fact - their ethnicity is different.

Or maybe he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, could be factor of both - either one its not an issue that need ignoring.

on the separate issue of "hate crimes", I think this elevation of victimhood should be stopped by the state.

If my dad was to be murdered just because somebody fancied attacking someone or wished to take his wallet I would feel neither more or less upset than if he was murdered for being white- just make sure all murderers receive rough justice would be my thinking

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
True, and keeping this type of reporting in the media breeds racism also.

Color shouldnt be reported on

The problem its self and how it came to be a problem is the only issue

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
I also found it odd that in all the undercover surveillance never showed them actually talking about being involved in it- they obviously were not the nicest of chaps but that struck me as strange.

I feel this will not be the end of it, what jury could not have been tainted by 18 years of press accusation such as the Daily Mail were involved in

this was allway this biggest red flag for me,

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This DM article contains a transcript of some of the secret video footage shot in the apartment of one of the accused:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Over a period of 17 days, detectives heard Dobson frequently use racist terms to describe black and Asian people, the court was told.
Dobson was seen in one video clip recalling a time when he threatened a black colleague with a knife.
A brawl started between the pair when Dobson stole his baseball cap, and he later threatened the colleague with a Stanley knife.

One thing I found disturbing about the reporting of this case was the way in which Stephen Lawrence was always described as 'murdered black teenager Stephen Lawrence' even when a photograph of him, where his ethnicity could clearly be seen was included in the article.

I hope now that someone in the press will find another way to describe him so that he won't always be thought of by the public as a 'murdered black teenager'.

edit on 3-1-2012 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Im glad it finally got sorted out, 18 years after.

But really UK, 18 years to get a conviction? i sudder to think how much cost every tax payer had to pay to get to this place, how do these cases take two decades to sort out, its bloody disgusting, not to mention near tortue for the victims familys waiting to have this all over - I feel deeply sorry for them.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
All this debate about one murder when there has been shed loads of ethnic on white killings but the msm hardly reports any of them Kriss Donald, Christopher Yates, Richard Whelan, Christopher Folkes, Jack Large to name just a few.
I'm sick to death of all the media lies and cover ups it is a fact that the vast majority of all violent crime in London is committed by young black youths and when Sir Paul Condon mentioned this his position as The Metropolitan Police commissioner was made untenable
edit on 3/1/12 by mdnw2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mdnw2009
All this debate about one murder when there has been shed loads of ethnic on white killings but the msm hardly reports any of them Kriss Donald, Christopher Yates, Richard Whelan, Christopher Folkes, Jack Large to name just a few.
I'm sick to death of all the media lies and cover ups it is a fact that the vast majority of all violent crime in London is committed by young black youths and when Sir Paul Condon mentioned this his position as The Metropolitan Police commissioner was made untenable
edit on 3/1/12 by mdnw2009 because: (no reason given)

correct, it would seem that white on black murders are somehow more intolerable than black on black or black on white.............

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Just read a very good article here

www.bbc.co.uk...

Brings up what the case has done, it has brought about legislation..The Race Relations Amendment Act 2000

I do agree that a murder should not bring race into it unless there is proof that a murder is race related

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Careful now we don't want to get labeled racist lol
The Liberal elite have allowed a certain portion of society to literally get away with murder whilst at the same time they have been dumbing down the white kids eradicating their culture whilst celebrating others and installing a sort of mass white-guilt on them

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Careful now we don't want to get labeled racist lol
The Liberal elite have allowed a certain portion of society to literally get away with murder whilst at the same time they have been dumbing down the white kids eradicating their culture whilst celebrating others and installing a sort of mass white-guilt on them

often their idiotic policies end up hurting black "communities" the most, with the institutionally politically correct met not wishing to appear racist, meanwhile most black crime victims suffer crimes at the hands of other blacks- what a tangled web we weave..........

I see the ITN headline tonihjy has a prominent "he died because he was black" sequence from his friend- imagine a headline about dying because of being white (and I double dare anyone to fully check into inter racial murder stats), don't hold your breath.........

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

"I lived in London at the time of the killing and knew a few murder squad detectives (They drank in my pub) and I remember chatting about this case and one of the cops told me "They did it, you can tell they did it"

If you knew this you should have come forward 18yrs ago. Might have helped the case eh?
Living in London doesn't qualify you to know, even if a cop allegedly told you anything about it.

"it is a fact that the vast majority of all violent crime in London is committed by young black youths"

If you come from London you will know this to be true & that the youth of London (all colours) today try very hard to imitate this behaviour. (& some do it very well.)

And to you that say " I'm not a racist but" you are but you just wont admit it.
Yet.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by supamoto

My bad I did mean to say I was in London at the time of the civil trial against the 5 men. That is when the copper told me.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I could not agree with you more
No one could walk along mare street Hackney and feel safe and all that idiot MP Diane Abbot goes on about is how the young black youth are victimised by the police and the media what BS the media are blatantly anti-white and the police only stop and search the black youths because 9 times out of 10 they are carrying something they shouldn't be.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I could not agree with you more
No one could walk along mare street Hackney and feel safe and all that idiot MP Diane Abbot goes on about is how the young black youth are victimised by the police and the media what BS the media are blatantly anti-white and the police only stop and search the black youths because 9 times out of 10 they are carrying something they shouldn't be.

If one really wants to see the state of this country, check out this tweet by Abbott

"We can do all these things. But we can do it without allowing white people to play divide & rule. #dontwashdirtylineninpublic"

what a fantastically racist statement, imagine a senior white politician making a comment only referring to "Black people"- Enoch once again very prescient........

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

OMG the cheek of it have you read the whole conversation I'm going to make a complaint and I urge you to do the same here is how www.parliament.uk...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by revmoofoo
At least now the media will stop banging on about it. I wonder if they would have made such a big deal out of it if it were a white man who was killed by black youths? I think not. *grrr*

Rev

unfortunately probably not

Another thing that really annoys me about this is the fact that I have been told many times (since I moved to London in 1997) that only white people can be raciest. This is why we have problems like this in London. Parents are bringing up their idiot children to believe things that just aren't true and the children grow up not knowing any better.

I suppose it doesn't help that here in London there are lots of places that have been created specificity for ethnic minorities to frequent, but the mere suggestion of somewhere like that solely for white people would cause a massive raciest debate.

I'm no raciest (I have black family, but they don't feel entitled like the black people here in London) but living in London has come close to making me one and if it weren't for my family reminding me that this attitude is a London thing, I think my attitude would be very different. *grrr*

Rev

edit on 3/1/2012 by revmoofoo because: My kingdom for mad spelling skills!

Well Black people in London are Britsh, pay taxes and were either born here of were born in something called the commonwealth.I know more than you and all we ever wanted was a fair days work for a fair days pay. We never benefited from being simply white!

Why don't you rail aginst the woefull state of US education????? It fails all races so it must be equal opps in practise
edit on 4-1-2012 by Tiger5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2012 by Tiger5 because: typos and damn typos

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mdnw2009

Rubbish Black on Black crime still trumps interracial crimes in terms of numbers. Some of tghe Lawrence murderers also attacked ablack cop off duty. I can list a trail of unsolved murders and deaths in custody going back to the late 50s.

Try and get your facts right in future.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join