It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Lawrence murder: Dobson and Norris found guilty

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Stephen Lawrence murder: Dobson and Norris found guilty

www.bbc.co.uk

Two men have been convicted of the racist murder of black teenager Stephen Lawrence - 18 years after the attack.

Gary Dobson, 36, and David Norris, 35, were found guilty by a jury at the Old Bailey after a trial focused on forensic evidence seized in 1993.

Scientists found a tiny blood stain on Dobson's jacket that could only have come from Mr Lawrence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I dont think anyone can ever know what happened, with so many error and cover ups, mistakes & lies. I belive they did it, but only based on everything I have heard in the media, The judge in the Stephen Lawrence murder trial warned jurors to forget any sympathy for the bereaved parents, but I think that they was going to be found guity whatever the evidence.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
At last the Lawrence family can try and get on with their live's.
About time really isn't it?
They always knew it was them but it took modern science to prove it.
edit on 3-1-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
how did they always "know it was them"

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
At least now the media will stop banging on about it. I wonder if they would have made such a big deal out of it if it were a white man who was killed by black youths? I think not. *grrr*

Rev

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo
At least now the media will stop banging on about it. I wonder if they would have made such a big deal out of it if it were a white man who was killed by black youths? I think not. *grrr*

Rev

unfortunately probably not

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

If you remember back in1994 the family took 5 suspects to a private prosecution against these two and the others involved in the attack, which collasped due to lack of evidence, and when the judge ruled that the identification evidence given by Duwayne Brooks was inadmissible.
So they couldn't get better evidence until the science was there to back it up.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

If you remember back in1994 the family took 5 suspects to a private prosecution against these two and the others involved in the attack, which collasped due to lack of evidence, and when the judge ruled that the identification evidence given by Duwayne Brooks was inadmissible.
So it took until the science was there to back it up.

I don't think we have heard the last of this case, certainly not a clear cut one, even allowing for the conviction

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I hope they can find enough evidence to send the other 3 men involved in the attack to jail too.

quote from wiki

On 14 February 1997, the Daily Mail newspaper labelled all five suspects "murderers". The headline read "Murderers: The Mail accuses these men of killing. If we are wrong, let them sue us." Underneath this headline appeared pictures of Gary Dobson, Neil Acourt, Jamie Acourt, Luke Knight, and David Norris.[14] To date, the men have not sued, but they have used appearances in the media to protest their innocence.

If you was innocent of any wrong doings, you would sue the paper...they did not.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Rev

Another thing that really annoys me about this is the fact that I have been told many times (since I moved to London in 1997) that only white people can be raciest. This is why we have problems like this in London. Parents are bringing up their idiot children to believe things that just aren't true and the children grow up not knowing any better.

I suppose it doesn't help that here in London there are lots of places that have been created specificity for ethnic minorities to frequent, but the mere suggestion of somewhere like that solely for white people would cause a massive raciest debate.

I'm no raciest (I have black family, but they don't feel entitled like the black people here in London) but living in London has come close to making me one and if it weren't for my family reminding me that this attitude is a London thing, I think my attitude would be very different. *grrr*

Rev

edit on 3/1/2012 by revmoofoo because: My kingdom for mad spelling skills!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

how does that work, how do they prove they are innocent?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

If you are innocent you would sue anyone who slanders you and call's you a murderer, they did not.
They knew that they were directly involved in the death of the young man and thought they had gotten away with it until the Law had changed so they could be charged again. They were and found guilty.
I lived in London at the time of the killing and knew a few murder squad detectives (They drank in my pub) and I remember chatting about this case and one of the cops told me "They did it, you can tell they did it and one day they will be put behind bars for it" a little late isnt it 17 years on but at least they are now behind bars.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

If you are innocent you would sue anyone who slanders you and call's you a murderer, they did not.
They knew that they were directly involved in the death of the young man and thought they had gotten away with it until the Law had changed so they could be charged again. They were and found guilty.
I lived in London at the time of the killing and knew a few murder squad detectives (They drank in my pub) and I remember chatting about this case and one of the cops told me "They did it, you can tell they did it and one day they will be put behind bars for it" a little late isnt it 17 years on but at least they are now behind bars.

Do you have any idea how much money it costs to start a court case against one of the largest newspapers in the UK, ffs people like you make me sick, just because they didn't sue them doesn't mean they did it.

Oh and anecdotle evidence that you have also used is utter b******s, that would never stand in a court of law, oif you think this case is over i would be very surprised, the appeals alone are going to go on for an age. I always thought you had to prove conclusively, that hasn't been done if only 2 are convicted yet there were at least 5 involved.

A fair trial?, was never going to happen too much in the press

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Extremely sad how you have turned such a positive resolution from any race's perspective, into a white and black thing. .

You sad, sad people.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
A guide to the forensics

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Extremely sad how you have turned such a positive resolution from any race's perspective, into a white and black thing. .

You sad, sad people.

I think others did that when an entire police force was branded as "institutionally racist", because they could find no specific racism, think you need to rethink your position

link   

Rev

Another thing that really annoys me about this is the fact that I have been told many times (since I moved to London in 1997) that only white people can be raciest. This is why we have problems like this in London. Parents are bringing up their idiot children to believe things that just aren't true and the children grow up not knowing any better.

I suppose it doesn't help that here in London there are lots of places that have been created specificity for ethnic minorities to frequent, but the mere suggestion of somewhere like that solely for white people would cause a massive raciest debate.

I'm no raciest (I have black family, but they don't feel entitled like the black people here in London) but living in London has come close to making me one and if it weren't for my family reminding me that this attitude is a London thing, I think my attitude would be very different. *grrr*

Rev

edit on 3/1/2012 by revmoofoo because: My kingdom for mad spelling skills!

You got told and believed only white people can be racist? You should of laughed at who ever told you that.

He may of meant, when saying 'n-word' as oppose to milky bar kid, then he probably meant black people haven't been calling white people milky bar kid for over 600 years, maybe. It is not wrong for a parent to educate their children in the roots of certain words - maybe if all parent took it upon them black youth wouldn't be calling one another 'n-word's. As for parent who educate their youth on been racist, well they need educating their selves and also need allot of help.

London's areas are "full of black" because most of London is poverty stricken areas - their in the same position as you, bar skin color. I understand that youth (all youth) down in the London area's are adapting to american culture faster than anywhere in the country. Do not blame them, they are part of this sht just like me and you - blame the people in power, the people who can make 'instant change'

People need to drop all this # about "well they get this treatment and we get this treatment" take a tip from my signature : The consequences of today are determined by the actions of the past. To change your future alter your decisions today.

link   
reply to post by FFS4000

They are guilty simple as, they have been found out in court and have been found guilty.
People like me make you sick?
It's people like the scumbags who killed the Lad who make me sick....
As for the other three, lets hope the guilty fellas admit what they have done and spill the beans on the other 3's part in it all.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

You got told and believed only white people can be racist?

That's not what I said at all. I was describing the attitude of many of the black people I have encountered in the rougher parts of London I have to visit for...business...that's all.

Rev

edit on 3/1/2012 by revmoofoo because: ETA

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You sad, sad people.

I think others did that when an entire police force was branded as "institutionally racist", because they could find no specific racism, think you need to rethink your position

The argument was that the police were saying it wasnt a racist attack - which it was. So i see why they got accused of been racist them selves.

Just like the poster i called an idiot for bringing the subject of " wouldn't hear about it if he was white w/e" well would it of taken this logn if he was white(?) its a subject i dotn want to discuss, just making people aware.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join