It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs doll....freakishly realistic!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
So I saw this on the news and well had to share here with all the Apple lovers

This doll is freakishly accurate! I have never seen any doll come out that looks just like the person it was intended for.

Im an Apple nut but I won't go so far as to have a Steve Jobs doll!

This is not the first Steve Jobs, but it's definitely the most realistic. So realistic that it actually freaks me out. It's 12 inches high (scale 1:6) and comes on full Apple CEO regalia, from the New Balance shoes to the Levi's.

If you are a freaky fanboy, you can get it for $100 before the Jobs family send a cease and desist letter to the manufacturers, just like they did with the last one. It also has complements, although not as good as Obama's action figure.

$100 bucks?!

I hope his family sends another cease and desist letter. Let the man's family mourn and him RIP.

I find these dolls silly even the Obama one, which was just creepy to the 10th degree. The same goes for the Prince William and Kate Middleton dolls.

So Apple/Steve Jobs fans would you buy one??

***this is NOT a dis Apple thread or Steve Jobs thread, it's about the doll that was made.

Steve Jobs Doll

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

They did a good job on the doll. Looks totally realistic.

I wouldn't buy one though.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

They did a good job on the doll. Looks totally realistic.

I wouldn't buy one though.

Yea when I saw it on the news I thought it was Steve Jobs from a previous interview but no it was a doll! Very realistic....Shows they can make them realistic lol Wonder if they can make one of me lol

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I know right.

I want to someone to make me out of a doll. I'll be the next barbie hit without the fakeness.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Why didn't Dennis Ritchie get a doll?
And why didn't anyone care he died? They both died around the same time.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaOwl

Never heard of the guy. Whose Dennis Ritchie?
edit on 3-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaOwl
Why didn't Dennis Ritchie get a doll?
And why didn't anyone care he died? They both died around the same time.

Honestly I had to google to find out who he was.

To me it's simple, he wasn't anywhere near the popularity of Steve Jobs. That is the only reason I can come up with.

Whether you hate or love Jobs, he did help Apple become what it is now.

Tell me more about Dennis Ritchie
Was he involved in Apple in some way? I just looked at his Wiki real quick.

Found this

If you’re a Linux developer, have a programming degree, or are the founder of a billion-dollar tech company, then you already likely know about Dennis Ritchie, who passed away this week. For the rest of us, though, hearing about the death of someone who created a programming language might not resonate right away. May I suggest, then, that you remove that new iPhone 4S from your pocket and briefly marvel at iOS 5. Or power on your PC, and enjoy Windows. Or maybe fire up your MacBook Air, and soak up the brilliance of OS X. Or start up your Linux machine… What am I saying is that if you’re on Linux (of any sort), then you already know who Ritchie was.

So he was responsible for Linux? I have been told MANY times I'd like Linux but I am not computer savvy and have a hard time understanding why it's better. Isn't it just like an OS? I tried to add it once and well that was a huge mistake! I had to have someone reset my computer, this was on a PC (a time I dont like to think of, it was a nightmare
)

Dennis Ritchie
edit on 1/3/2012 by mblahnikluver because: add information on Ritchie

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I think it's fine that they make dolls out of anybody who is famous.

It's embedded in our species to idolize.

This is another form of that.

Do you not want people to make Elvis Dolls?

Or Marilyn Monroe dolls?

His family should be honoured.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

You wouldn't be using any sort of operating system had this guy not been around. He helped develop languages for computers most notably C and UNIX, but his work dates back towards the 1960's.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Forget all of those other chumps, I want a Gary Gigax doll!!
+1 uber leet doll.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SethGecko
reply to post by Manhater

You wouldn't be using any sort of operating system had this guy not been around. He helped develop languages for computers most notably C and UNIX, but his work dates back towards the 1960's.

Ahh cool.

That is also what I found while reading about him.

It's just not the type of cult following Apple has. Apple is a brand, more than a program. The brand is popular in various forms not just a program.

top topics

join