It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Warfare 3. your thoughts?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Nah, they left out the Aussies and Canadians again.. Even though they're in every war and play a very important part.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
Well I know you said not to respond if I haven't played it but my son has played it and I am against him playing it.

And this is why......

Here at ATS there is a lot of talk about how War is wrong and corrupt........but these same people think there is nothing wrong with playing a game that promotes war and decensitizes the human playing the game.

We are what we think, and we become what we choose to feed our minds on.

I know I know let the hate brigade begin........because you would rather deny this FACT then acknowlege its relevence towards you.

We should think of ourselves as robots, because everything we see, touch, feel becomes an experience in which we store and relate information to later. So becareful what you expose yourself to.

JUST THINK ABOUT IT!

I completely agree. I like to play the modern war games with a survival perspective though.
I play team deathmatch or free for all to move around the map to survive.
it's more fun to me then just trying to kill everyone. sometime's i'll hunt, but I like to just watch the battle pass until someone starts shooting at me. the games teach a lot about what not to do.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by yourmaker

You know there's a new one coming out eh?

www.giantbomb.com...

old temptations...of course if it's for ps3 then i must have it. I loved 1.6 and source for pc like no other games.
I think I will save it for 10-15 years then randomly start playing source again. I was a legendary knifer.

I just bought battlefield 3 for 30$, the shooting aspect is kind of weird to me but the tanks and jets are so much fun.
just how terrible I am too, in maps I have no idea where I am going, makes it so much fun.

I can't believe we have gone from like battletanx on n64 to this. huge difference.
edit on 3-1-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy

Maybe we need an ATS sponsored clan or something to that effect.

edit on 3-1-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: (no reason given)

funny you shuld mention. a few of us started up an ATS clan you can get the thread with details on how to join up right HERE

what is your GT?
edit on 1/3/2012 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

not everyone on here thinks that way. War is just part of life. Your entitled to your oponion as much as the rest of us but just bear in mind that video games are for ENTERTAINMENT nothing more or less. Contrary to popular belief video games dont make killers. I have been playing since I was around 4 or 5 I'm 26 now and havnt killed anyone and i am sure there are others that have been playing longer than myself that can say the same thing.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I actually reinstalled CS:S last night, good stuff! I never played 1.5 and only discovered 1.6 when it was basically coming to an end.

Hours of fun had on 24/7 Office servers! But as I mentioned before, MOHAA:SH was my true FPS love

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
As always the campaign was exciting and great. Although I liked playing as Delta Force and GIGN way better than playing as Yuri. I love Spetznaz, but his missions with Price did feel alot like MW2 again. Also, Yuri is ex-Spetznaz which isn't the same.

Also, I agree with previous posters that we could have benefitted playing as other spec ops teams like the Aussie's SAS or GS9. Heck, it would've been cool to do a quick mission as a SWAT member. Just tired of seeing Captain Price all the time. Make the game longer as well; not everyone likes multiplayer.

Love the spec ops mode. Survival is intense, but I wish you could choose your own loadout and start at your own choice of waves. I mean, who am I hurting if I want to start at wave 10?

Multiplayer maps are not as good as prior COD's, in my opinion and spawning is a pain.

Overall, I like it though. Getting to play as Delta Force is the main reason I bought it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
@ OP

Dude....I can't tell you how disappointed I was buying MW3. And this is coming from a COD fanboy dating ALL the way back. I think it's the worst in the series, by far. I played MP a couple of times and was simply disgusted, no other way to put it. I havent played it since, brand new game bought on opening day and it was back in the box in 4 nights.

None of my clan members play it either, except for one guy who does the co-ops.

The maps are pathetic. I couldve taken a crap onto a programmer's mouse and designed better maps. All the maps are small, colorless, the same, uninspiring, and you get shot immediately. They took all verticality out of the maps (one of the best parts!) and it is just awful, just friggin awful. You spawn, get shot in 5 seconds, respawn, repeat.

I usually lose interest in the campaign mode (who buys COD for the single player anyways, let's get real) and havent played it, and dont really care to be honest, im so disappointed in it.

In my disgust, I went out and bought BF3 and was blown away. Controls are somewhat different, but man, the sound FX are incredible and it is much more realistic. The maps are huge (take up to 10 minutes to run across) and after playing it, I was amazed at how far ahead BF3 was in every aspect and can't believe that it actually isnt #1 in this ongoing battle. You should really check it out.

That's my two cents...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dtrock78

Well said.

You should check out the campaign mode at least once though.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If anyone wants to play with someone who's good you can add the one and only scramjet. My xbl GT = FATal JUStice

I kick butt at these sorts of games. I'm only a 1st prestige on multiplayer because I'm kinda getting bored of it.

I'd really like to hear from you if you are any good at survival. I have made it to wave 38 on a map and was ranked 325 in world at the time for that map lol.

I'm a level 50 at survival. If you're interested in teaming up and you can back it up with gameskill then by all means hit me up!!

Please don't just send a friend's request without telling me your from ATS... just so I know where you are coming from! In fact if you tell me you're from ATS i'll be much more likely to add you! So good for me and for you!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dtrock78

I plan on trying out BF3 when I get the cash togather for it and the time to play it. (growing up sux lol)

I have since my last post tried spec ops survival. gotta say it is my favorite mode when I get the chance to play.

Also still havnt completed campaign eaithe really not that excited for it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join