It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Warfare 3. your thoughts?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Let me first start off by saying if you dont or havent even played Modern Warfare 3 then dont respond. I only want responses from those who have actually taken the time to play the game. If you are a BF3 fan who hasnt played MW3 and only want to bash it then this thread isnt for you and your comment will be ignored. If you have played both and prefer BF3 then you are more than welcome to state why you dont like it.

That being said lets move on to the question. What are your thoughts on MW3 now that it is out and you have had the chance to play it what are your thoughts on the game? What do you think over all? thoughts on the campaign? thoughs on the multiplayer or special ops aspect?

lets please try to refrain from bashing those with vary oponions

edit on 1/3/2012 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The girl that's sleeping in my bed right now says she hates it. She says her boyfriend plays it all the time.

Never played either of them but I'm glad they exist

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Campaign:
- Need to include Aussies, and Canadians. Always left out, evne though both countries are a very big role in every war.
- Needs a better, less confusing story line

MP:
-Better maps! There aren't any memorable maps in MW3, i can still remember maps on MW, MW2 and BO! Better maps please!
- Needs to re-introduce the playercard system from BO, so much fun with it, making your own things.
- Needs to re-introduce the gamnling games, they were the best types of MP on BO.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I finally picked up MW3 about 4 days ago. I really wasnt that into it when it was announced or even after it came out. I picked it up mainly as a late christmas gift for my 2 bros. after playing both the online multiplayer and some of the campaign I can say I am still not that into it. I mean there are a few upgrades to weapons and graphics. The campaign from what I have played of it isnt that bad but a lot of the MW2 type scenarios are seen in there as far as the slow mo getting knocked down and having no control. I can handle the campaign its alright nothing really special but enough new stuff to make it tolerable. I havent touched the special ops yet so I cant give a review on that. The multiplayer it is a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship. The added killstreaks are cool. However that is about where the good ends. I have had too many WTF moments in multiplayer to enjoy it that much. I guess I got ruined or spoiled by being able to buy your attatchments in black ops than to have to unlock them by completing challenges but that is one of the big things that I dont like. I have also found the gameplay to be inconsistant, things like shooting someone with the M4 12 times in the chest without a single hit marker only to have them shoot me twice in the leg and I die. Or sneaking up behind someone only to have them knife me when their backs are turned like they are in the matrix or somethin. Above all I dont understand how i can go 18-4 one match only to play the next match agianst the same people useing the same tactics but end up going 4-10. It just dosent make sense. My overall assesment of the online play is it is pretty crappy with too many noobs so I will stick to Black Ops. However I still have MW3 because my bros play it so if anyone on here wants to play I will run with them so hit me up.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I think it's a very solid game. The physical mechanics are very good. The maps, killstreaks, perks, and weapons are all well done. This being said the game has really pissed me off;

I am a hardcore search and destroy player, and until recently, there was no ricochet, or penalty for team killing someone in anyway. This caused me to get spawn killed round after round by some lonely troll with a rocket.
Also, the game glitched on me a lot, before a series of patches. None of my friends could join my party, lobby, or active games and I couldn't join theirs.
Lastly, the leaderboards and scoring system. HCSD is extremely underrepresented in an average score per game manner. If one plays kill confirmed they will get a much greater XP than HCSD. This is worstened by the leaderboards which only favor how often one plays, rather than a score per minute leaderboard as a better showing of actual skill.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Campaign is decent... nothing spectacular though.

Multiplayer, however, is absolutely terrible and I find even 2 minutes of it unbearable. The last time I played (and decided to never touch the game again) was when I died 44 times because it kept spawning me right in front of the guy that killed me. The spawns are so ridiculous, skill plays no part in that game because the guy you just killed could spawn right behind you or right in front of you.

Knife lunges from 10 feet away are crap, and quick-scoping is BS.

Maps are way too small with way too many doorways and corners. Again, 100% luck.

The game rewards the luckiest person who also manages to pull the trigger first as most kills are point blank. You could play that games for years, and still get dominated by a lucky newb.

Started playing BF3 instead and man, that game is awesome. Aside from the brightness / contrast issues, it borders on flawless. The game rewards skill and teamwork instead of camping and spraying bullets.

MW3 = Mindless twitch shooter that rewards luck and nothing else.
BF3 = Realistic simulator that rewards smart play and teamwork.
edit on 1/3/2012 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I finished both games single player and played both multiplayer. And unfortunatly i prefer BF3 above MW3.

I was hoping it would kick ass, bit MW3 turned out to be a big dissapointment compared to BF3.

What bothered me most was the feeling like a rat in a maze and alot of deja vue without new mind blowing action scenes. These things i did experience during BF3. Imho without spoiling too much, was the moment when you had to perform a mission from an aircraft carrier..

As for multiplayer, MW3 is more fast paced, fragging compared to a more tactical and diverse BF3. I think these are the biggest differences in multiplayer.

my 2 cents, i hope it helps!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

agreed, after playing black ops MW3 seems kind of bland with lack of customization. I must say the camo for the guns in this one are hideous. Agreed also the maps here suck. It is almost as if the designers just threw some roads and buildings togather and called them maps. What are some of your favorites from the other games?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I haven't had too much time on MW3, but it felt and looked exactly like MW2.

I talked to 2 different MW2 junkies and asked them about MW3, and they were both disappointed. They both basically had the same complaint which was that it just doesn't feel like a new game. Just same old same old.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

MW: The ship was one of my favourite, due to intense firefighting between teams.

MW2: Highrise: Awesome locations (sniper, hidden).
Rust: Was good for intense close quarter battles

BO: Nuketown: Just awesome. A very well constructed map, unique.
Array: Awesome, especially for the other bigger game styles.
Firing range: Again awesome

Overall, Black Ops in my opinion has the best developers/designers behind it.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

have to agree with you on this also. Wet work was awesome as long as you could stay away from the grenades.
I also used to like overgrown, that is until people figured out the glitch to get into the rocks. ambush was perty decent too.

MW2: I liked quarry sometimes, highrise was alright if ya had the right class on and I would always go positive on Rust.

BO; nuketown and fireing range are classics.

I agree blackops is the better game, u playin on ps3 or 360?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I think the most glaringly and important part of MW3 is the story... WW3 between Russia and the USA!!

The opening line is awesome... like the creators know the real truth.. "the bigger the lie the more likely people are to believe it" or something to that effect... 9/11 anyone? false flags and all that... It gave me shivers when I heard that for the first time..there is a message in the MW series for those paying attention.. its a pity that none of the real conspiracy types on this site play the game or even just watch it to see what I mean, Im sure theyd see more than me, and have a field day discussing it!.. ie.. the Masonic Symbol team in multiplayer!! WTF! General Sheperd in MW2 and all that false flag and killing ghost..those cut scenes were sad..

But conspiracy aside... its still fun.. even with the annoying things you have all mentioned above which I agree with completely.. and why they left the game opened to be hacked I'll never know, I stopped playing MW2 when it got so bad you couldnt play a straight game.. BO is cool.. just starting on BF3..

I am shootdudenow, Im old so Im not as fast as the younguns. send me a friend request!
PS3 dudes!
edit on 3-1-2012 by PrecogPsychicSensitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
To be honest i find MW3 to much run and gun, don't think about what your doing just run and gun. Where as BF3 i love the situations you/ your squad get into. Like for example taking a flag at one end of the map and then fighting to find a vehicle to get to the other side, once fighting your way there, you come across a tank and you have to either man up and take it on or head for the hills and try for another spot to cap. This is just one of the very small scenarios you find yourself in bf3.

Also nothing beats looking at the beauty of the maps when the match starts and then at the end once all the c4, jets, tanks, apc's and rpg's have had there way you see total destruction and fire, the map is completely destroyed, and yet still beautiful.

I am a BF3 fan but i have played almost all the MW's including 3.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
i love mw3 infact im playing it right now
much better mp action specially with strike packages. Does any gamers on here feel like were being conditioned for war? I sure do! i aim down the sights crouched as i go around a corner expectiing enemy, just as a soldier might in combat.. any thoughts ?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I personally like MW3, but MW2 was the best...

And to the people complaining about quick scoping, have you ever tried it??? It's not easy, and if someone did it to you give them props. I'd rather take a guy trying to quickscope me than a guy with a ak47.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I wasn't expecting dissapointment, and I haven't been. But one thing bothered me. No unlimited sprint. In MW2, there was just a unique feel to the fastest class possible. That feeling is gone. Running and gunning has now been reduced to kind of a #ty scenario, one that I employ for my 2.14 kd. I will go out and just say it, I dominate. Not because I am some awesome kid, but because I deploy physical tactics, along with teammates that know what they are doing. Do not play this game alone, you will grow frustrated. Anyhow, what I mean is that I use Tactical Insertion, Shotgun class,( don't actually use the shotgun) semtex, Extreme Con, Quickdraw, and Steady Aim. The key is the machine pistols. They are GOD good. The MP9 from any range is unstoppable. I by myself can corner a team 3-4 times a match for easy sweeps, resulting in constant kills. I only use support killstreaks. UAV, Counter-UAV, Sam Turret. This is the only way to legit run and gun. My best game so far is going 84-6 at Arkaden, playing Hardcore Domination. Best win streak so far, 61 wins, still going.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jgmara

The thought crossed my mind.. think of the millions across the world learning about diff weapons and tactics.. and if remote control soldiers ever become real, there are plenty of trained operators ready to go.. and yeah I've had that feeling of being in the game and checking for snipers.. and Im not the only one.. it gets into your brain. lol

As for video games creating violence in real life.. I call BS.. there would be hundreds and thousands of FPS related murders if that were true considering the millions that play.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Well....

First off i am a Halo man if i have a choice in what game i want to play every day

However i have put many hours into black ops and so far a good 48 hours or so into MW3,

My opinions on it are.... the maps arnt great, they lack variety and some (such as lockdown) are the worst maps i have ever played in first person shooters...

Then there is the troll cannons (cant remeber the actual name for them anymore, they are simply troll cannons to us) the machine pistols that when used akimbo means you can essentially kill anything that passes you without aim or skill.

Also quick scoping is still somthing which can be done in it which i find disgusting as it take no skill to get kills..

Also the range on the striker shotgun is ridiculous, one of our crowd got most longshot kills in a very high scoring game a few nights ago with it.. its a shotgun, thats just stupid!

Game types... as ever decent diffrent games layouts sadley still wasted by noobs trolls and people with little in game skill...
When i want to get high kills i play team death match or defender, when doing this i know the guys im playing with/against are all in it for the same reason it makes it a little harder, playing somthing like dommination and just going for kills making no effort to capture the the points on the map is the easy way to rack up kills, however you ALWAYS come accross as a person who is unable to play and get a decent score on team death match this is an issue that i only ever encounter in COD games and it hasnt changed in thei incarnation. 34 kills means nothing if the opposite team are trying to capture and hold points instead of aimlessly running around shooting eachother (even if you do find it scarey to play people who enjoy that game type)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I have not played the games ever...BUT!
My grandkids' wanted this game for christmas and I could
not buy it for them because it was NOT available for a PS2
system.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
wank.

all of it.

go bike riding or sumet