It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Count down to Doomsday

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
2012 Count down to Doomsday

Okay folks the Clock is Ticking

Now then... for those who believe the world will end this year...

WHAT preparations have you made?

Have you called your boss and told him to take his job and shove it?
Have you sold off your possessions to get cash to party hardy?
Have you laid in a stock pile of food, drink or weapons?
Have you contracted a bunker?

I want to know how many have taken the trouble to prepare. Let me hear your story.
edit on 3-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
My preparations involve writing the best "I told you so" speech ever written for when 2013 lands without incident, lol.

Of course a new doomsday date will be set, and the wait will continue.
edit on 3/1/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The only Doomsday I anticipate is if Obama is elected for a second term.

So even a bunker underground won't be enough protection.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Here is a great scenario:

We survive for yet more crap and bull#!

Great!

And we survive for yet more murder and warfare! Great!

Why bother to survive?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
You mean countdown to the new age or new era
we could also say .. countdown to the transition

no doomsday
doomsday mean .. everybody dead on earth
that will not happen

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
My wife was watching spouse swap. It is a terrible show where spouses switch houses for a week. This particular episode was hilarious because this family moved to the midwest, signed up for all these credit cards, bought new cars, stock piles of food and survival gear. They don't make their first payments on the cards till 2013. They claim that the joke was on the credit companies because they won't be around in 2013. Where did they get the 411 on the apocalypse you might ask yourself? Books? History channels documentaries? ATS? Nope. Their source of information was no other than movies. The Day After Tomorrow and the movie 2012 naming a few.
I honestly didn't believe people were taking this so seriously. Yeah I read these threads on ATS but I never believed people were writing these threads from their own subterranean bomb shelters. Do the people of this world really need to chase this fear? Yes they do. Everybody wants to be ready so they can say to the other folks who weren't prepared "I told you so!" Me being one of them. It;s just not going to happen.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I am not worried for Doomsday, if it is indeed the 'Mayan prophecy' you are referring to.
The Mayans had significant dates up past the year 4000, I'm not worried about anything happening world wide in 2012...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by zorgon

The only Doomsday I anticipate is if Obama is elected for a second term.

So even a bunker underground won't be enough protection.

That will indeed be the end of days. lol

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Might not be a bad idea to stock up a little bit at the end of the year just so you have supplies for December. You know all the kooks are gonna be buying up all the batteries and rice en mass and cause an artificial low supply of common stuff.

That's what scares me.

I'll prolly get 100 packs of ramen noodles and 30 cases of beer on thanksgiving, not joking.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Are there actually any ATSers who think that the world will end this year?

I consistently hear people talking about them, but I never see any of 'em.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
Might not be a bad idea to stock up a little bit at the end of the year just so you have supplies for December. You know all the kooks are gonna be buying up all the batteries and rice en mass and cause an artificial low supply of common stuff.

That's what scares me.

I'll prolly get 100 packs of ramen noodles and 30 cases of beer on thanksgiving, not joking.

No, no, no you are doing it wrong. Cup o noodles! Liquor bottles are more compact and easier to run with.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I haven't really done my physical preparation, only spiritual, that is all that is important in these times. Not to say that you shouldn't look after your physical, that is also very important, but spiritual transformation on a large scale is what is needed.

We should also remember that the world will not end, no doomsday will come, only a transition from an age of darkness to an age of light, one where we can finally get over our selfish desires and begin to serve each other, rather than ourselves.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I found the wife swap 2012 family video. Check out these loons. www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I dont know WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Even if something does happen, what are you preparing for, know your limits and accept them, what happens happens and we all deserve it anyways.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Why bother to survive?

Over the holidays I took my daughter to the top of Snowbird in Utah... We saw no war, no terrorists, just miles and miles of beautiful snow covered mountains. That is ONE reason to survive
Not one person there cared a hoot about whether or not this was doomsday year

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
countdown to the transition

By 'transition' do you mean the mass ascension? Because if so, you would REALLY need to prep for that. There is NO WAY humanity is ready for such a trip.

Those that believe we as a race will get a free ticket to utopia are going to be the ones most disappointed

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenny71
Everybody wants to be ready so they can say to the other folks who weren't prepared "I told you so!" Me being one of them. It;s just not going to happen.

I agree that 'it' isn't going to happen.... however being prepared is something I have been for a very long time. In fact we teach people skills to survive and they don't include eating bugs

At home I have a pantry with about a years worth of supply, a wood burning stove with lots of firewood and a pool that holds 40,000 gallons will a walled enclosure. John Lear's house, five minutes away is a fall back compound
As to weapons, (this is Nevada
) machine guns are on the list but many of arsenal don't require buying ammo. A crossbow is just as effective for deer hunting

Never know when you might face a natural disaster that takes down the grid

Plan B, in case we would have to leave town in a hurry... our group has an old 14foot Uhaul truck that has our 'bug out kit'. If we had to run for it, its ready to go. One hour and we would have all the food from the storage loaded as well
Now that is in case of emergency, but we use this setup all the time for recreation. In two hours we can set up a camp for 40 people comfortably. We have had 80 (the capacity of the feast hall) but they bring their own equipment as well.

Yes the Crown in my avatar is real

As for cooking... no bugs for us... there is lots of game even in the Nevada desert... Quail by the hundreds, and big rabbits. For emergency we have a location that is deserted only 3 hours from Vegas that has a spring for water that was used as a camp area during the depression. The dessert also has Yucca roots (like potatoes) and prickly pear cactus. These are even sold in grocery stores here.

BTW, the fellow on the left is Jerry our brew master. He had a car accident and is now a paraplegic in a wheel chair. But he still enjoys the lifestyle The other Monk is Karl, Jerry's appointed Nurse from workmen's comp. I mention that to show that handicapped doesn't mean you can't have fun

We even have our own loom, hand made for us in original style. Here is my wife demonstrating it working on our groups Tartan

I would recruit
But ATS seems to have rules against that for some odd reason

As for support, the group has over 40,000 members world wide, even had one Barony on the USS Nimitz. There are also many smaller local groups around.

My Duke, Sir Camillo di Lombardi knighting Governor Kenny Guinn of Nevada

My personal body guard at the time... with Channel 3 News team

Sue Manteris, Governor Kenny Guinn, Bjarki the Black, Nate Tannenbaum

so if the SHTF Bring it on I say
Its time this country gets an enema

Christmas at Camelot 1998

Leading the troops of Caid to the battle field, the king and Queen of the Kingdom of Caid (I am just behind the queen) That was a glorious time... you would have to know the history of why that was significant

So you see, being prepared can be a lot of fun. The group teaches skills such as brewing, cooking in the field, armor making, blacksmithing and combat. And Master Atar, the worlds best sword smith, lives a few blocks from John's house

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut
Are there actually any ATSers who think that the world will end this year?
I consistently hear people talking about them, but I never see any of 'em.

That is why I made this thread
So far the only ones answering are non believers

So that means either..

A) Those that believe it will end have NOT made any preparations and are ashamed to admit it
or
B) All the 2012 threads are all lies

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I'm going to tell my boss to shove it anyway.

I hope it's the end of his miserable world.
ha

Zorgon, I do believe your touting for stars.No

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join