It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Count down to Doomsday

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I hope any member of ATS who believes in the doomsday of 2012 should seriously question what they are doing on ATS. I mean they have less than 12 months to live, surely you wouldn't waste that time on the internet or continuing to discuss the theory. 12 months will go quickly make sure you make the most of your time on earth.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

this is true my merry men[my neighbors] and I have planed for this what ever this is , but it all boils down to survival from 72 hours till ???? in this day and age anything could and can go wrong, form Dugway to EQ to terrorist to civil unrest, go and laugh now but in the end who will be the one laughing,... need seeds?? now go plant them, what? you need water too???? if is meat your one your own there.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

if it is the end , well then i will do what i enjoy the most making posts on ATS going to work and have fun on the weeks ends if it happens now will then this well go unfinished , i would not have a smoke nor drink as of yet, and i will not have to worry about being on time to work.

edit on 4-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If nothing happens in 2012, life goes on, and there will be no reason to worry.

If the "end of the world" happens some time in 2012, I will be dead, so I will have no reason to worry.

My only preparation is to get a load of anesthetics and sedatives to use in the case that the "end of the world" shows up as a very painful event. I don't wan't to die in a painful way. So, if the planet starts to crack in many pieces after a series of supervolcano eruptions and earthquakes of magnitude 9.8, I can commit suicide injecting the anesthetics and sedatives in my veins, to avoid a painful death...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm going to be picking up some broadheads for my bow, and extra arrows. I'll probably also pick up some bottled water and a few extra water purification pills. I hunt, with rifle for the most part but you can bet if I had to feed myself with a bow alone I'd get good at it fast. Game, both large and small, is plentiful where I live; even in the middle of the city there is a river valley teeming with game. I can survive fairly well on my own.

In the event of a major disaster that resulted in the loss of power and communications for more than a day, I'd probably get into my car if it was running, and go to my friends' farm about 40 minute drive from here. If the car was not running I'd camp in the river valley until things got better. I know how to identify most edible plants around here, how to purify water and start a fire, how to construct a shelter, and most basic survival skills.

I don't expect anything to happen, however. Why? Because I want something to happen, and that pretty much guarantees that nothing will happen because the universe delights in trolling me. Plus, there is no reliable empirical evidence that anything will occur, only conjecture and belief. If something does happen, I'll be delighted. Even if it's awful. Then I'll probably take any satisfaction I can out of the fact that something actually happened before I die horribly.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by zorgon

The only Doomsday I anticipate is if Obama is elected for a second term.

So even a bunker underground won't be enough protection.

Is there such a thing as hysterical laughter together with tears
when a person is still sane?

edit on 5-1-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by errihu

And how your "survivalist" plans are supposed to work if the Earth is shaken by 10 thousand earthquakes of magnitude 9.8 in less than 24 hours, and all the supervolcano calderas on Earth blow up at the same time, and then the planet cracks in 5 different pieces floating in the space, with hot magma flying around?

Can you "survive" that?

If the Mayans really predicted a "doomsday", you can be sure that they prepared a REAL doomsday for us... They will leave no room for "survivalists".

Stop worrying about survival, and enjoy the last year on Earth (or not, if nothing happens...)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Doomsday?

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The end of the Mayan long count was never a prediction of the end of the world but rather a new beginning.

For those who point out that this date is when the Earth is allignment with the Galactic core....that has happened thousands of years ago as we are looking thousands of lightyears distant. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So Split,

What do you think this new beginting will hold for everyone? I agree, from what I have read, there isn't going to a end to the earth and anyone that keeps preaching this hasn't done much research on the subject. I am just a curious as anyone to why this date is so important!? I would like to hear more of your thoughts on the subject. Boy, wouldn't it be nice to finally say to all of those skeptics out there on UFO's "I TOLD YA SO, but you wouldn't get it through your thick skull. Ha!"

Pladuim
edit on 8-1-2012 by Pladuim because: added "

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pladuim
So Split,

What do you think this new beginting will hold for everyone? I agree, from what I have read, there isn't going to a end to the earth and anyone that keeps preaching this hasn't done much research on the subject. I am just a curious as anyone to why this date is so important!? I would like to hear more of your thoughts on the subject. Boy, wouldn't it be nice to finally say to all of those skeptics out there on UFO's "I TOLD YA SO, but you wouldn't get it through your thick skull. Ha!"

Pladuim
edit on 8-1-2012 by Pladuim because: added "

PLAD! For those of you who do not know...PLAD is a BUD and an outright good dude with a BRAIN! The Mayans said it was going to be a new beginning....not me....but I hope it is true...but in all my experiences....MEET THE NEW BOSS! SAME AS THE OLD BOSS! LOL!
WHOOOO are we? Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
And how your "survivalist" plans are supposed to work if the Earth is shaken by 10 thousand earthquakes of magnitude 9.8 in less than 24 hours, and all the supervolcano calderas on Earth blow up at the same time, and then the planet cracks in 5 different pieces floating in the space, with hot magma flying around?

Can you "survive" that?

Yeah..

Plan B Sneak into Area 51 and take the Jump Gate to Mars

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

My plan B would jumping into one of those time vortexes, pop into another time, (hope I don't get hit by a bus) and come back when things have "cooled off".

But if things happen to go crazy, and I can't escape into another time, I do have enough food for a year, a wood burning stove with plenty of wood, and a cave to run into that's only 10 minutes away and not too many people know its there. Plenty of ammo for hunting, but not quite sure if I have enough to fend off all of the crazy people that didn't stock up and plan to steal what I have.

Hopefullly these mountains will provide anything else I may need.

Pladuim

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Whatever preparations are made, will just set you up to be prey for roving gangs of violent "after-enders".

I am voting for crust slippage, dramatic and really really messy.lol

My Father had a theory that if you believed strongly in "The end of the world", it most likely meant you were over 50 and nearing your own personal end. I tend to agree.

So no preps for me!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
Whatever preparations are made, will just set you up to be prey for roving gangs of violent "after-enders".

Not something we worry about here in Vegas

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm not too worried about the whole 2012 thing. I do think we are heading toward the end of times though. That is, if we don't get our stuff together fast.

I do have a stockpile of bottled water and canned food and I've got some really nice swords. That's just in case.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
I've got some really nice swords. That's just in case.

Aye laddy, one can NEVER have enough of those

But its also good to have a few of these

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So many doomsday threads, hollywood movies, songs
it look like everybody now is craving for it .
it will eventually happen if everyone wants it
but it will not happen ..so everyone needs to calm down.

Its a transition to a better world
some people wants to ruin it and have the coming light age for themself
thinking they can control it and take advantage of it .. It will NOT happen

Guess who .. (think of the ones making wars)

They think by controlling the most holy place in the world
that the return of the gods in 2012 will grant them eternal life .. all written in the bible
they dont want anyone else to be part of this

but it dont work like that ..
they have sacrificed their soul literaly to the "devil" way of speaking
so they could possess the power of the gods ...

You see people .. it is that kind of people that can bring literaly doomsday to earth
and the USA have the power to stop that coming ww3
will be pretty hard since 3/4 of the entire us congress is controlled by zionist
the planning for 2012 was made a long long time ago by these same people
who are craving for ressources and power that have eaten their souls ... weak souls
edit on 1/12/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm not a 2012 devotee - don't believe for a minute that 22nd December is going to be any different from the 21st. I am not preparing for the Mayan calendar end.

However, having said that I do make sure I have a store. I have a stock of my most used commodities and I have a store of fuel for my burner and fireplaces. I rotate stores and grow veg, ya da yada. I make stuff by hand and am frugal by nature, although my kids might say I'm tight - I refuse to buy in pizza when I can make it.

It comforts me knowing I have these things in place because I don't know when I could break a leg and not get to work or something worse and be on short pay. I don't know when the weather could get tricksey and bring my electricity down for a time. I live in a valley so could even get snowed in - although unlikely as I live in the south of Britain - but hey - the weather is a tricksey beast at the best of times.

We buy all sorts of insurance to cover some eventualities but sometimes you have to take personal responsibility. This is mine - its my comfort blanket and I know it will get used. The key is rotation.

Doing anything other - to me - is frankly waving two fingers at the Sisters of Wyrd and daring them to do their worst. And I have always found that they listen when you least expect it.

Shel

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
So many doomsday threads, hollywood movies, songs
it look like everybody now is craving for it .

Well actually this is NOT a doomsday thread

See all over ATS I see threads on all the crap that is supposed to happen this year, and ya know what? Not ONE person so far has come into this thread saying it WILL end

So I guess that means all the other real doomsday threads must be HOAXES

But I agree if enough people really did wish for it it might just come to pass. Fortunately for us the dooms dayers don't have a lot of conviction in their belief.. Just on the band wagon to be 'popular'

it will eventually happen if everyone wants it but it will not happen ..so everyone needs to calm down.

Well I see no one in this thread in panic mode. I do see a few that have teken some precautions for ANY emergency... and that is just smart

Its a transition to a better world some people wants to ruin it and have the coming light age for themself thinking they can control it and take advantage of it .. It will NOT happen

yeah well about that... there s NO WAY the human race is even close to being ready for 'transition. In fact the majority are worse now than ever. There will be no mass ascension, rapture, transition either this year

Guess who .. (think of the ones making wars)

They think by controlling the most holy place in the world
that the return of the gods in 2012 will grant them eternal life .. all written in the bible
they dont want anyone else to be part of this

There will be no Gods returning this year either. Some are waiting for the Annunaki, but even Sitchin said that won't happen till 2900 AD at the earliest

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join