It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems Within America Compared To Other Countries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Alex Jones had a caller on his show from Germany, and he described how a lot of the things that were are seeing take place within America are going on in Germany as well. Everything from the media blacking out Ron Paul to the advancement of the police state.

So it got me thinking, what kinds of bad things that are commonly discussed on this website are happening in other countries? I know there are quite a few members in other countries, so can you draw some parallels between the US and wherever it is you're from?

How does the media treat Ron Paul there? Is there oppressive legislation? Are members of the government clearly corrupt, and do they have ties to powerful organizations?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Well, since living in Canada has always been like living in a USA colony, what I see here is no different than what I see there. Our MSM ignores Ron Paul and I have yet to see a single thing on him, not even a slander. Of course it doesn't matter much, we have no say in what happens down there this election. As the US did, our MSM also ignored the Occupy movements until it could no longer do so.

Obama and Harper just recently, under very secretive conditions, have decided to start work on the security perimeter which the claim is to help traffic flow effectively across the border but includes things like allowing the US DHS access to personal information of Canadian citizens as they deem fit. This is upsetting. Security has tightened up here following the G20 riots in Toronto 2010 but I do not see a rise of a serious police nation as of yet.

Unfortunately the fate of our economy really relies on the fate of our biggest trade partner (The US) but has been called the 2nd best of the G8 countries. I believe that our finance minister, Jim Flaherty, spoke at last years IMF conference about how countries can best ride out the recession. Of course, this is all bull#, Canada's population is much smaller than the rest of these countries therefore our debt SHOULD be substantially less.

Our government is as corrupt as any government. Over the last 4 years, and endlessly throughout this last century, we have had left and rights in the office until they show that they are thieves, unaccountable, and nontransparent. Our current conservative majority has really been getting on my nerves though. It seem that they where given the perfect opportunity at a perfect time to follow in suit with what Big Brother USA wants to do. It makes me feel ashamed that Prime Minister Harper is the head of the UN Accountability "team" and has given speeches worldwide about how to successfully maintain and "open government" *gag* His caucus has been riddled with criminals from coked up former MP's driving with drugs in their pocket and then getting pulled over for reckless driving and going double the speed limit to our defense minister, Peter Mckay, using a military helicopter under the guise of a rescue mission training operation to fly from where he was fishing to an important meeting. Yet these crooks keep getting away with it... we keep letting them.

Okay, this has turned into a rant, but being Canadian I hear SO much about the US on here and in my everyday life that it has become a little annoying. Every country has their issues and I feel it is only going to get worse. Corporate tax cuts are going through the roof while I can barely afford to pay rent and buy food. # is getting ridiculous and its only going to get worse worldwide.

One more thing to note is that if we try to compare our countries with that of the forming Nazi-American Empire, they will always come out looking like one of the worst, because they are no longer bothering to hide their corruption but the average person is too brainwashed to notice anyway.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It seems like we are caught in the mainstream media bubble. We only hear what they want us to hear. The only reliable source is having friends abroad whom you've known for awhile, and keep in touch on the current issues on what's "really" going on...

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Very little is known about Ron Paul in the UK (mainstream) however i will also go on record to say about 90% of the people in the UK could not care less who gets voted in in America.. sad but true.

i think everyone needs to realise the entire western world is properly feeling the strain of an economic downturn, with the finances being squeezed out for most of the western societies for there war machines to be performing acts of violence towards countries in the middle east.

Generally things are not particullarly ideal across the western world...

Furthermore we have all got media controlled at the top end by a few familiar faces so the information that is given to the public is always vetted to there agenda.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I think alot of Americans don't give a # crap about who gets elected too. So you can add that to the similarity list.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Who's Ron Paul? Is what you'd get in Australia. And people don't care who runs the U.S

There is a bit of a police state starting to develope in my country though and alot of things I took of granted in my 20's, bonfire filled beach parties, night clubs that don't close, pulling up in your campervan and sleeping by the beach are mostly things of the past these days as there's regulation on top of regulation and signs and fines these days. I'm in my early 40's and I think the policy makers must have been excluded from the fun way back when.

There's alot of revenue raising and blatant unethical practices. for example. when a police speed camera van is parked on the side of the road the rules are that there must be a sign out stating that there's a speed camera in operation ( otherwise it's just revenue raising and not slowing people down). So they place it on the other side of the van where oncoming traffic don't see it the sign until after they've gone past the camera. It's against legislation for the sign to be placed where it is and people have complained but it falls on deaf ears as most of any town population won't complain about it. See it's not getting the high range speeders it's getting the absent minded person who just momentarily went a few ks over the limit. the majority who are fined. the mum with the two kids argueing in the back, The bloke who just bought a brand new car and isn't yet used to it. That's where the revenue is.

I remember that there was a time that if you dropped in to have a cold one after work on a friday and you went with the flow and partied a bit hard you'd just sleep in the back of your car and drive home in the morning. Now you can be charged for being in your car under the influence even if you're asleep in the back. Effectivaly you can be charged for what you might have done rather than what you did do.

We've got a government at the moment which wasn't even voted in. It was a hung parliment at the last election and they've managed to keep power though political manipulation and they're doing alot of damage and taking alot away. And they've got an in your face attitude. The population for the most part is sweating on the next election and they know they're out so they're taking what they want for all it's worth.

There's more but I can't be botherd, Just believe me when I say that it's turning into a revenue raising tax grabing police state.
edit on 3-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I believe there are a lot of similarities across the board.. but in my opinion the Western establishment is using different countries to lead in different aspects of the whole.

The USA leads in things like the TSA, the UK leads in things like CCTV, Australia leads in things like Internet censorships etc and etc.

And it is my belief that each of those example countries act as a proving ground for one aspect of the type of control they wish to exert over Western society, and once they have nailed down how to implement said control process and what spin works with the people then these things are then rolled out across Western society.

We can see some failures, such as the rushed way the naked scanners hit our shores.. a failure that sent the establishment back to the drawing boards to come up with things like cartoon figures to calm the worry of the masses.. But they still will not let go and it is my opinion we'll soon find ourselves all in the same cooking pot

Figures such as Ron Paul really do seem to rock their boat in achieving that aim so I am not surprised at how excluded he seems to be...
edit on 3/1/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

WE ARE BORG

Actually you're correct about the internet thing and I'm actually suprised that ats isn't hard to down load as are some less favourable poilitical party websites. Such as those speaking out about the failures of multiculturalism.

In regard to CCTV there are a heap load in Aus but, at least at the moment, the laws that govern their use are very strict. Mind you they're working on a real golden apple that will pretty much be able to tell anything about you but your blood type.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
Very little is known about Ron Paul in the UK (mainstream) however i will also go on record to say about 90% of the people in the UK could not care less who gets voted in in America.. sad but true.

i think everyone needs to realise the entire western world is properly feeling the strain of an economic downturn, with the finances being squeezed out for most of the western societies for there war machines to be performing acts of violence towards countries in the middle east.

Generally things are not particullarly ideal across the western world...

That's true but I think but I must say that with all the talk and economic doom and gloom that, at least in Aus, jobs are on the rise and house sales are going up and things really aren't all that bad. they would be better mind you if the government would keep it's hands out of our pockets and stop sending billions overseas

Furthermore we have all got media controlled at the top end by a few familiar faces so the information that is given to the public is always vetted to there agenda.

So true. I've seen particular media go out of their way to put our government in a good light and make the opposition look bad. One can actually tell who's in who's pocket.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

thanks for the laugh

I'm only using my corporate head
you test out different methods in different parts of the business and nail down as many issues as you can before rolling it out to the whole.. and that is what seems to be happening to me, but then I would read it like that as I've been responsible for doing similar things in global corporates.

Even if this is not part of a grand conspiracy plan, Western Governments still seem prone to adopt methods used in other countries when they are more effective or advanced, so even in that case I still think we'll all end up in the same cooking pot.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I think everything is cheaper (cost less) in USA but you get no healthcare plan and drive carefully or you gonna get sued and the reason theres so much criminality is because you dont value life, like almost every country now .. because of TV i guess.

Beside that, Republican are mostly portrayed as satanist in the media, canadian east coast. Their rhetoric mostly gravitate toward gun rights and position on abortion to justified their points.
Nobody knows about Ron Paul because everyone around me, including the media, is brain dead.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

thanks for the laugh

I'm only using my corporate head
you test out different methods in different parts of the business and nail down as many issues as you can before rolling it out to the whole.. and that is what seems to be happening to me, but then I would read it like that as I've been responsible for doing similar things in global corporates.

Even if this is not part of a grand conspiracy plan, Western Governments still seem prone to adopt methods used in other countries when they are more effective or advanced, so even in that case I still think we'll all still end up in the same cooking pot.

I believe that there is most definately a western agenda. No doubt in my mind. And I believe that, though more than just the English speaking world is western, the English speaking world is the most western and every English speaking country (well TPTB of those countries) knows what's going on and is in on it. What I can't decide is if it's good or bad.

I can't within myself imagine any of the governemnts aiming at something which would be counter productive to the west in the long run ( not saying that things don't go wrong either) but TPTB must see it as something that is needed and benificial to the west. And until I become aware of information that states otherwise, I have to assume that if it benefits the west then it's got to benefit the populations and might not be so apparent right now.. I'm just not sure. I don't agree with the slave state thing that people go on about as there have been slave states and they've been unproductive. No this is about keeping the wealth in the west or something.

Even if all the fighting in the middle east and the billions spent is about oil, which I believe is part but not all, then that would only mean that we use theirs now and sit on ours for the most part until they've nothing to offer then they've nothing at all to offer and we're still breezy. There's definately a colllective happening.
edit on 3-1-2012 by steveknows because: Add

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Lets not forget the false flag event in Tasmania to strip Aussies of their guns, leaving us essentially defenseless against invading armies or even our own government.
I think it was the Greens that had the majority vote at the last election, but they sided with labour after a "what can you do for me" attitude from Bob Brown, and thus the carbon tax was born.
Ron Paul is largely ignored from the MSM here, in fact I was watching the news tonight, he got one line, to say he was doing well, thats it.
I really can't see the Ranga surviving to the next election, they'll have to get rid of her long before the election starts to even have a chance.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

Lets not forget the false flag event in Tasmania to strip Aussies of their guns, leaving us essentially defenseless against invading armies or even our own government.
I think it was the Greens that had the majority vote at the last election, but they sided with labour after a "what can you do for me" attitude from Bob Brown, and thus the carbon tax was born.
Ron Paul is largely ignored from the MSM here, in fact I was watching the news tonight, he got one line, to say he was doing well, thats it.
I really can't see the Ranga surviving to the next election, they'll have to get rid of her long before the election starts to even have a chance.

I spit on Bob Brown and his greens form a great hight with a bad chest cold.. Mind you they've only banned the autos and it's easy to arm a population in time of war. But you're right. That red headed rat rooter has pushed that tax because she needed the green vote to stay in and the greens are happy to see us living in trees. Not them mind you just everyone else.

But make no mistake, Whatever the fed gov knows about a western agenda the greens don't. Gillard has no friends in her eyes just people who can help her along the way.

labor is going to lose so bad in the next election it will be historic.
edit on 3-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I believe that there is most definately a western agenda. No doubt in my mind. And I believe that, though more than just the English speaking world is western, the English speaking world is the most western and every English speaking country (well TPTB of those countries) knows what's going on and is in on it. What I can't decide is if it's good or bad.

I can't within myself imagine any of the governemnts aiming at something which would be counter productive to the west in the long run ( not saying that things don't go wrong either) but TPTB must see it as something that is needed and benificial to the west. And until I become aware of information that states otherwise, I have to assume that if it benefits the west then it's got to benefit the populations and might not be so apparent right now.. I'm just not sure. I don't agree with the slave state thing that people go on about as there have been slave states and they've been unproductive. No this is about keeping the wealth in the west or something.

Even if all the fighting in the middle east and the billions spent is about oil, which I believe is part but not all, then that would only mean that we use theirs now and sit on ours for the most part until they've nothing to offer then they've nothing at all to offer and we're still breezy. There's definately a colllective happening.

I certainly agree there is a collective happening... Although I am not generally of the opinion what benefits TPTB benefits their respective populations except by accident, I am still too uncertain whether what is happening is going to be good or bad.

On the global stage I do feel the geostragic strategies being employed by all sides are aimed at gaining control of all resources, (and not just oil) while containing the opposition. My hope is that this does not end up in a bumping of heads, while my fear is that it will..

So I guess given my feelings on the strategies being employed, boat rocking by one or more political leaders will be seen as a no, no. and while Western PTB might be aiming at improving their nations, and by default their populations lot, I highly doubt the way they need to achieve it will be to the merriment of all.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Wow so Canada has quite a bit in common with the US. The mainstream media being controlled not just in one country, but in several countries is pretty scary. That's millions and millions of people who are only being exposed to a tiny sliver of the information that's really out there, and it's really the information that fits the "agenda".

I haven't looked into this much (although I really should), but there have been talks of something like the European Union being formed here in the Americas, with the United States, Canada, and Mexico. I would imagine that if such a thing was in the works, the government officials and powerful people in those countries would be working together and doing lots of the same things. It seems to a certain extent that's the case, at least with Canada.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

To be fair, it's not their country though

If you wanted to control the world, you would have to first control the flow of information. Control what people see and hear about, what current events they talk about and occupy themselves with. Then their minds will be caged up in that little box if you know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You are right about North America, there have been moves to create the North American Union, with Canada, the US and Mexico as members.
They have even produced the new currency, called the Amero.
There are numerous threads about this subject, just put NAU into the search box.

edit on 3/1/2012 by royspeed because: spelling

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
We are all modern slaves (around 99,5 % of population) everywhere in the world with small exceptions .

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

It's not the lack of adequate weapons that concerns me, more the fact that we've had a new generation that have no idea how to defend themselves, whereas our generation had guns as a staple. Most kids wouldn't know how to hold a gun much less shot one these days. I would be more comfortable with my semi-auto .22 or my pump action shotgun than the slow loaders I'm forced to use...

As for labour the only hope they have is to install a different dictator before the next election even gets in the wind. Not that I would want Tony "GST" Abott in power either...

It's really just a case of the lesser of two evils in this country...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join