It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lower Income Cities get lower quality merchandise

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod
reply to post by witchof43

You actually make yourself sound surprised.

The global CABAL make it so that there are extremely many different ranges of "quality". This, IMO, helps divide and conquer.

Why can't they make ONE microprocessor, the fastest, the best and sell THAT one and throw away the old ones?

Same reason why people don't make one singular model of any product, the needs and uses of the customer varies, I don't need the best microprocessor for my glorified computerized notebook that is my laptop.

Why don't they make a car that will last 60 years?

Little market for it and combined with odds of the car's parts breaking down due to the stress and it being outdated by march of technology.

Why do they bottle water?

Because people want it that way and its convenient for alot of people? Not every water source either in the city or rural areas are the greatest.

Why sell things that WILL fall apart?

Its hard to fight against entropy and in cases of technological goods right now, is constantly moving and you end up with product tailored to a market that is looking for something that will keep them sated till the next big thing comes around.

I still don't see how having a range of products out there is going to be a divide and conquer tactic by the global cabal (whoever they are), if anything the rise of the modern technological market and its product have done more to bridge the gap between those who have and have not with a unified culture of using the gadgets and such. Outside of cutting edge technology and some luxury items such as indoor pools and such, the main difference between the rich and poor is how many HD TVs's they have and size of space of the house they have to pay to heat.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Koffee

Your right, but consider this. I make most of my living inventing new "stuff". In fact I was one of the first guys who came up with a way to create biological informatic circuits. Thats using a living biological system and incorporating all the things it can do and we ain't taking about just ones and zeros. And designing a whole new technology based on that. And I really get my rocks off doing this stuff. And it has the advantage of getting me invited to some very interesting parties. Often with people much smarter then me in attendance. I'm the nerd taking notes, some of the most interesting stuff I invented came from just listening to others, and understanding what their problems were and thinking "you know, I can solve that problem"

As much as I would like to make money mass producing the things I've come up with, I know its currently not possible. The technology has not been invented yet to allow the current industrial infrastructure to manufacture this. They don't know how yet. If I live long enough, Ill teach them. If I'm in the mood...
edit on 3/1/12 by arbiture because: correct spelling.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod
reply to post by witchof43

Get rid of the microwave and use the stove. and who cares about a big screen TV when you have the GREAT outdoor?

I don't completely agree with this. I'm normally something of a Luddite myself, but aside from a computer, truthfully the nuker is about the only piece of modern (as in, post 1970) technology that I will come to the defense of.

You can achieve a degree of heat precision with a microwave oven, that a conventional stove simply cannot replicate. I don't advocate using them for absolutely everything, no; but for certain things like defrosting, where you only want to apply a very specific amount of heat, they are extremely useful. If they are well insulated, they can be safe, as well.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join