It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry's tax cuts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Just thought I would put some information from Kerry that has nothing to do with Vietnam.

_____

BIG Promises From Mr. Kerry

The National Taxpayers Union & National Taxpayers Union Foundation have added up the cost of John Kerry's campaign promises. And, man do they add up.

NTUF Analysis of John Kerry's Presidential Campaign Promises

NTUF has reviewed Kerry's web site, speeches, and news coverage of his campaign and has tallied the new spending associated with his campaign promises. As of March 8, 2004, Kerry has proposed ideas that would increase annual federal spending by $276.9 billion a year ($2.769 trillion over ten years).

Agriculture/Rural
No proposals with a cost or else proposals not quantifiable.

Campaigns and Elections

Civil Rights
$115 million

Economy/Employment
$45.310 billion

Education
$56.560 billion

Environment
$962 million

Health Care
$89.880 billion

Homeland Security
$6.820 billion

Housing

Infrastructure
$31.040 billion

International Aid

Military/Veterans
$45.970 billion

Total:
$276.880 billion

Financing all of this by rolling back the Bush tax cut, which only adds up to about $700 billion over ten years, is going to be tough. $206.880 trillion worth of tough. Don't forget we've still got eight months of prime promising left.

www.everythingiknowiswrong.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It doesn't add up, that is for sure.

I heard something interesting. In the state of Mass people can pay extra taxes and can designate where their overpayments go. Kerry has never done this. I'm trying to find more information on the specifics of it, but I find it interesting that Kerry has never contributed to this. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Jemison

www.foxnews.com...

Here is the part of the link that addresses what I am talking about:

O'REILLY: Wouldn't it be better, though, if they put a little thing on your IRS form that said I'm going to donate so and so to the government?

AFFLECK: I would like that. I really would.

O'REILLY: OK, so that's a solution. All the rich people want to give more and you could earmark where it goes. They should be able to do that.

AFFLECK: I think...

O'REILLY: You know, they have that in Massachusetts. Did you know that?

AFFLECK: I don't file...

O'REILLY: You're an L.A. guy, right?

AFFLECK: Yes, but that's just $1 for a campaign.

O'REILLY: No, no, you can pay the higher state income tax rate in Massachusetts if you check a box on your income tax.

AFFLECK: Really, is that right?

O'REILLY: Do you know what John Kerry did?

AFFLECK: I don't know. I figure you're going to tell me.

O'REILLY: He didn't check the box.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Jemison]

Sorry for all the edits!

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
jemison, I have heard that, I don't know for sure, but I don't think Kerry would do that. He wants to take from other rich folks, not himself.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
jemison, I have heard that, I don't know for sure, but I don't think Kerry would do that. He wants to take from other rich folks, not himself.

This is an intersting thread.. I would like to see a lising off all of Bush's campain promises added up like this as well and compair the promises back to back.

As for Kerry not checking the box.... Honeslty do you think he does his own taxes? Also if Texas had that option do you honestly think Bush would do it? Seriously.

If I had that kind of money.. I think I would only contribute to environment.. but that is because I care more about nature and animals than I do people. Animals are much more honest.

wraith

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

This is an intersting thread.. I would like to see a lising off all of Bush's campain promises added up like this as well and compair the promises back to back.

I did see a breakdown of Kerry vs. Bush but can't remember where I saw it so I will have to look around and post later.

As for Kerry not checking the box.... Honeslty do you think he does his own taxes? Also if Texas had that option do you honestly think Bush would do it? Seriously.

I don't know what Bush would do, but Bush is FOR cutting taxes across the board and letting people keep more of their own money. Keep in mind, Kerry wants to do away with Bush's tax cuts. The fact that Kerry has oodles of money, and (I think )has a tax-free salary and pension, AND has a desire to up people's taxes makes me uneasy. If Kerry is so opposed to Bush's tax cuts he should have gone ahead and paid the higher taxes over the last 4 years. Instead, he benefitted from Bush's tax plan. I think Kerry could have made quite a nice statement if he HAD checked that box!

Just my humble opinion!

Jemison

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wraith30

Originally posted by jrsdls

If I had that kind of money.. I think I would only contribute to environment.. but that is because I care more about nature and animals than I do people. Animals are much more honest.

wraith

I think the issue is that the Democrats are pretty much saying that the rich should pay more in taxes because they can afford it. Kerry is rich, yet he didn't pay more than he absolutely had to. It's a bit hypocritical. Not campaign-shattering, but it does add into the voter's perception of the man.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Keep in mind, Kerry wants to do away with Bush's tax cuts.

Good. Even if the numbers don't add up, this is a move in the right direction. If you have a suggestion of how to finance all these programs, apart form taxation, I'm all ears.

Would have been swell if GWB didn't squander so much dough on the freaking Iraq campaign.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You make a certain income, you have people help you keep it. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, wrong with working the system. What's wrong is to tilt the system disproportionatly towards an oligarchy at the legislated level.

jrsdls: Question: where do you find the hours in a day to cut & paste this tripe? Especially of interest is that you forgo looking at the Campaign 2004 forum on this very issue!?

new topics

top topics

join