It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 45 old?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Do you consider someone who is aged 45 to be old? My friend is 45 and feels a bit fragile about it. [I am NOT that friend, you cheeky chops]

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Dear mandroids,

I am 52. Most people live to about 75. 0 to 25 is young. 26 to 50 is middle aged. 51 to 75 is old, it is just numbers. Peace.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Reply to mandroids
Im 36 and in my prime. They say 60 is the new 40 so no mate you not old. 80 is old. Also i think it depends on where you are from, your living conditions and environment.
edit on 2-1-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I guess it really depends on how you feel and look, if you are overweight and unhealthy then at 45 you may feel old, some people if they are in shape and health 45 is nothing, they still feel full of energy and live a good healthy energetic life. If on the other hand you are an overweight unhealthy person 45 probably feels old, some people still look young at 45 if my family is anything to go by at 45 i'll still be young, some people though at 45 they are old. Lifestyle and life choices is what it comes down to mainly, some 60+ year old are more active than 45year olds, and i'd put money on some of them 60+ers outliving some of those 45 year olds. So its all relative to what the person is like i guess.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Thank you for the replies,but ITS NOT ME..

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

What are you talking about? 25-50 are the prime years, 50-65 is middle aged, 65-75 are senior, 75+ is elderly

This also depends on whether you are male or female. Women do tend to outlive men by 10-15 years and men usually age quicker.

Today, there are more women taking care of themselves and some aged 50 look alot better and younger than others at 40.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Is 45 old ?

It depends on which side of 45 you are looking from and how far 45 is.

Ask a 20 year old and 45 seems ancient, ask a 60 year old the answer is always, no.

For myself, I will not even consider “seeing” someone socially who is under 45.

45 is a great age, Wisdom has started to enter in to your life, the concerns of youth are beginning to fade away, and you are still young enough to participate in all activities.

I have lived on both sides of 45 and I would say that 45 is the best year of life.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I am not 45 but I do think that when you get to your forties then you don't have sex anymore.

People stop having sex when they are over 40 cos scientifically, you don't need to reproduce anymore...that is why women stop having their periods...people who do have babies later in age or still having sex are strange.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

my philosophy on the matter is that 45 = 45 , it is neither young nor old - its where you are now , many people born into the world did not even get to the point your friend is at now

your friend should ignore thier chronological age , and focus on thier physical and mental condition - thats what should be the govenor of what you do , not how many years ago you were born

there are 20 yearolds who are housebound by medical conditions they have no control over and 60 yearolds who have climbed everest

age doesnt matter - its what your friends body and mind are capable of that counts - and age plays ony a small part in this .

my adivse to your friend - carpe diem , and do what ever you are capable of

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Old age begins from the moment when somebody starts giving their age as "I'm so-many years young".
(Because only old people do it)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

80yrs is old?
hahaha try telling that to charlie chaplin

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

"For myself, I will not even consider “seeing” someone socially who is under 45." How agest of you! So what are you saying, you refuse or are unable to interact with people under 45?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I may need a medium to ask Mr Chaplin, coz he's been panbread for quite a while!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

If you believe youre old, then youre old. If you dont, then youre not.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

i know lol
i meant him becoming a father in his 80s

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Does your friend act old? Think old? Has he/she let the body go to fat and wrinkles? If so, then yes. He's old.
Forty five is an age when you can do absolutely anything you want, mentally and physically, as long as [like all age groups], you stay well. Except maybe become a famous rapper. Actually, you could become a rapper, maybe just not a famous one.

Here is the way I think of it:

Teens and twenties: Youth.
Thirties and forties: Adulthood
Fifties and sixties: Seasoned adulthood.
Seventy: Young Old
Eighty: Old

That's my own thinking based on people's behavior and physical condition.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I did not know that, to be honest im surprised his gear could still go vertical at that age! On yourself Charlie!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

45 could be old.

It depends on how you use it, or have used it, to be more accurate.

I know many people who are near death or have a prerequisite condition inviting it by the time they are in their 60's.

In that case 45 is very old.

I know others who are scrambling around on their roof at 75 and ballroom dancing into their late 90's and for them 45 would have been nearer the midway point. I don't think a date so far from expiration can really be considered "old."

Old is not just about a number but can be more relative to how much you have lived. How much you have experienced and processed. How much you have survived and packed into the life thus far. What have you learned?

I know people who are "old" at 6....young at 90.

Funny how "old" seems to be related to a larger life span - one somehow before and at the same time, long after this one. Everything is in the eye of the beholder - so you are old or young depending on how the person looking at you... sees you. This might depend on their age.

In another sense age refers to organic properties alone and so if you are essentially timeless....How old is 45?
edit on 2-1-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I got bad news for you, old people still have sex....gross I know, but it is science..lol

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'm a bit nervous about being close to that number but I don't feel it or act it, so I'm ok.

To the person that stated people stop having sex at this age. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Hello, we don't have to worry about getting pregnant in most cases at this age, so it is actually better.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join