It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical (Religion): I am an alien new to earth..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Being new to this planet I am just now being introduced to what you call religion. I have been here a few days and I see that religion is pervasive in every culture on your planet although I am not sure which one to follow. Surely this topic is of the utmost importance to you humans: knowing your creator right?

I have a few questions for the scholarly in this area. Please keep in mind that as an alien I do not understand negativity, bigotry, or anything outside of civil discussion, so using such tactics will be lost on me and counterproductive to the discussion. Also, being an interstellar traveler I am not sure if this falls within the proper forum for discussion, I assume you have moderators that can better align the topic with the forum.

My questions are:

Which religion is the correct one and why?
Are the other religions wrong?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mrperplexed

Only been here a few days huh? Well either you're being dishonest in this post or this one

So, which is it?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
U tell us which ones right or were all wrong

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Back up some on those questions.

The first question needs to be: Are religions a tool to be discarded once their purpose has been accomplished or do they hold the Presence itself?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hi Litterbaux-

I was hoping the "hypothetical" part of my intro would make it clear that this is a hypothetical scenario. I am truly interested in how "Humanity" would tackle the task of introducing religion to alien visitors.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
Back up some on those questions.

The first question needs to be: Are religions a tool to be discarded once their purpose has been accomplished or do they hold the Presence itself?

And what do you believe tkwasny?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
True religion: Christianity.

Reason: Prophecies of the old testament concerning the pageant of world history have turned out to be supernaturally accurate. This phenomenon occurs with no other sacred texts on Earth. It is solid evidence for the validity of the Bible's extraordinary claims.

Example of popular detractors arguments: Old testament morality doesn't jive with modern sensibilities.

Answer to this: Laws of the Torah were established specifically for ancient Hebrews at a specific time in history, not for all the world for all times in history.

Popular conceptions of the Bible's claims are often grossly inaccurate, even among the faithful.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

You want to know which religion is the correct one? Does your planet have no concept of war? You'll start one here talking that way. Besides, to say one religion is correct, you'll have to say one religion is wrong. That's negativity, which you don't understand, so what's the point?

Besides, you shouldn't be following any of our religions. Did you have an Adam and Eve? Did your people need a savior? Perhaps your planet has never known sin?

I really wish I could help you, but my best advice is to go back to your planet. Do not pick up any of our contamination. If you have to worship, worship your Creator. Even reptillians were created.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
No one religion is correct.

The answers are found within all things. As an alien, this much you should know.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
To be honest I would think that the interstellar traveler would have a better knowledge of what the "truth" about what religion is and I think I would be asking them their perspective on the universe's creation rather than preaching to them what earthlings believe in...

But for the sake of the post and the question you are asking. I would tell this interstellar traveler that humans generally follow the same set of morals/ethics regardless of their choice of deity. In the end, it is that which we do as the human species that matters, not the scriptures that we follow. I would then tell this alien that there is a mass amount of knowledge available about our current theologies and its best bet would be to research each on one them thoroughly then use critical thinking to determine which (if any) of these seems to resonate with them and choose it.

Personally, I don't believe in religion or any godhead. I believe in spirit and the point where science/spirit meet. I would have thought that a being capable of interstellar/inter-dimensional travel would share my views and not be blinded by the man-made myths. (Or that this being would already know that the "GODS" we worship where actually just other interstellar travelers shown from an ancient people's perspective.
)
edit on 1/1/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
There is only ONE revealed religion. All prophets followed it: To believe in One Creator and do good.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The one religeon I believe in and I think you should too is Aaron Rodgers.

He might not be the most exciting religeon but he wins Superbowls.

Thats what religeon means to me.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

We can't explain what is the "right" religion to ourselves (humans), so there's no way we could explain it intelligently to an alien, and have them understand.

If they've made it this far, interstellar travel and all, I'd be asking them what they think about "what is the truth, what should we believe?"
They've seen more of the universe than we have.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If Aliens came all this way too question our religeon I think we could make no argument that would not end up embarrasing ourselves...

But not that most Alien planets started like this... When people are afraid they look to a stronger entity.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Foreknowledge of all major historical events surrounding an entire nation (Israel) is PROOF that the Torah and the "Prophets" are rooted in an otherworldly source.

Ignorance of this proof and its relevance is widespread on this planet, this website, and this forum.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
In light of the fact that the prophecies of the Bible are 100 percent accurate, the only thing left for us to decide is whether the source of these revelations is what it claims to be.

top topics

join