It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it has produced it first nuclear fuel rod...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

war is a big money maker my friend
edit on 1-1-2012 by haven123 because: mad to by the C.I.A

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
reply to post by purplemer

I cannot see the problem with Iran having access to nuclear full. What gives the West the right to dictate to other countries what type of fuel they use.

I agree...nothing gives us the right...but we do it anyway.

I suspect that we will do it in Iran too.

The 2 awards for best supporting actors in a drama go to......

sarcasm aside the US nor the article state anywhere that the US is trying to control what fuel they use. The US has also maintained Iran does have a right to nuclear energy.The issues come in where Iran refuses to comply with the IAEA and NPT obligations.

This has nothing to do with fuel...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
The issues come in where Iran refuses to comply with the IAEA and NPT obligations.

This has nothing to do with fuel...

Please provide evidence of where Iran is in noncompliance... Under the NNPT we are legally obligated to the cosigners to offer financial, and physical assistance in developing nuclear fuel, and power within their own nation.

Also WE(the US) are in direct violation of the NNPT by providing financial aide to rogue nuclear states that will not sign...such as Israel.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Oh I agree with you 100% and with our stagnate and crumbling economies the war machine will carry on. The life style of the elites in the west must carry on any means necessary.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

That's correct AND has always been a money maker for none other than the Richest family in the world....the Rothschilds who own the entire banking establishment.

Remember that the Rothschilds were financing the Napoleonic wars as well as our very own Civil War....and all subsequent wars throughout history.....Even Adolph Hitler.....and continue this today...

War is a Racket.

Lincoln and Kennedy both printed money outside of their control....and we know how they ended up....

Dead and Gone.....and silenced.

The Iranians are well aware of this long standing wars for profits concept and outside of preventing another Mossad planned False Flag attack they are doing everything that they can to advocate their peaceful intentions in the area of Nuclear Energy by going to the table for negotiations....

Peace

Iran proposes to reopen nuclear talks
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The US may spend more than it takes in but it still takes in several trillions dollars a year so they still have plenty of money....if war is needed the funds will just be re-allocated thats all.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I dont think any country in the world is happy to start a war rather than the US and maybe UK. Iranians like any other nation in the world these days are trying to make a sense of it all. we all have enough problems without other people noses in our arse. why cant we all get along and put our minds and resources together so perhaps we could come up with an idea that prevent us from ripping each other trouts a part for food and energy!! .People have been going thru much worst situations throughout the history.but they never wiped each others out of the map. thats why you and i are here .what will the next generations say,if any at all . lets say we bomb Iran and they bomb Israel.what do you think will happen next? do Russians and Chinese stay calm.....Are you sure?....... can you even consider having a place between the survivals of the bombings.con you look at the wounded parentless faces of little girls and boys and tell them we did that for your own sake ?!! wont they some day kick your arses back so hard you could never recover?.......can your people live with the guilt? I know the elites can as long as their behind is booked in moon Hilton or Atlantis or somewhere in the galaxy.but for the rest of us world will be an impossible place to live.,,,,,,,we better wash our eyes and see the world from a different angle,before its too late. this aint a joke my man... wake up and smell the coffee..

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Making a nuclear fuel rod for a reactor is not the same as having weapons grade material.
In fact,its one of the first steps to acquiring a nuclear bomb,rather than the last.

All this means from Iran,is that until now they were importing their rods from Russia.

Which was common knowledge already.

This is not a major development.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

nuclear power?

Are you joking?

One nuclear fuel rod.

Fukishima alone had over 100.

To call them a nuclear power is like saying you're a modern army if you have a single tank.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I really don't know what defines a country of being a nuclear power...so I should have said are on the way to becoming a nuclear power...

I tried to correct that...did you miss this post?

Sorry to inconvenience you with bad terminology...I think it has already been well documented that it was not the correct choice of words...but thanks for your input!
edit on 1-1-2012 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

missed it. Sorry.

More or less I think Iran is a very bad thing to keep caring about. Their army is not remarkable, their accomplishments not that grand. They sort of remind me of a baby France, and I don;t think it's a coincidence that their leadership is a cultural extraction from it.

Think is, France has actually done things with that pompous attitude. All that's happening with Iran right now is a self-confidence overdose that's going to result in a very bad situation where once they're defeated, their leadership and army will be utterly devastated and open for the people to be taken advantage of.

After that, they could go either the way of Japan, who lost the war but won the peace, or Germany, who lost the peace and the war, only to become a powerful military and economic power after it was in the nuclear valley of two superpowers, and only because one died. I fear this time around, that would be us.
edit on 1-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Enrichment of uranium is used both to make nuclear fuel and weapons-grade uranium, the difference is in the degree of enrichment. Natural uranium is less than 1% U-235. Nuclear fuel uses 5 % or so. Weapons-grade uranium requires 90 % enrichment. This Iranian fuel rod was 20 %, and I dont know why they need so much.

I do support Iranian nuclear power developments. But you dont need 20 % enrichment for that..

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hopw do we know that thisd particular fuel rod that was tested had 20%? From all reports they arent even sure the rod was even loaded with pellets.

Originally posted by Maslo
Enrichment of uranium is used both to make nuclear fuel and weapons-grade uranium, the difference is in the degree of enrichment. Natural uranium is less than 1% U-235. Nuclear fuel uses 5 % or so. Weapons-grade uranium requires 90 % enrichment. This Iranian fuel rod was 20 %, and I dont know why they need so much.

I do support Iranian nuclear power developments. But you dont need 20 % enrichment for that..

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

atomic work that could provide a possible pathway to weapons production.

www.npr.org...

I don't have any idea how to find out exactly what grade this is...I don't imagine anyone really knows for sure...aside from the information Iran is sharing at the moment!

Good question though!
edit on 1-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Again, from the article you linked: "But it was unclear if the rod contained pellets or was inserted empty, as part of a test."

They arent even sure it contained pellets!

Originally posted by jerryznv

atomic work that could provide a possible pathway to weapons production.

www.npr.org...

I don't have any idea how to find out exactly what grade this is...I don't imagine anyone really knows for sure...aside from the information Iran is sharing at the moment!

Good question though!
edit on 1-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Again, from the article you linked: "But it was unclear if the rod contained pellets or was inserted empty, as part of a test."

Yes again...and I don't know how we would know aside from what Iran is disclosing to us.

I think the implication here is that they are or might be able to produce such in the future...if they had missile grade nuclear fuel right now do you think they would say so?

Maybe...but probably not...at least not under this close of scrutiny!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Making the desire for military strikes on Iran nearly irresistible.

Will the USA and west take the bait?

Can Israel be held back indefinitely?

Are the US strategic oil reserves full and ready?

$6 maybe $8, possibly $10 per gallon averages for fuel in the USA, shortages and rationing?

Economic collapse, chaos?

Or will the world finally accept a nuclear Iran and move on?

The answers will be made available when all tests are completed

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Making the desire for military strikes on Iran nearly irresistible.

Will the USA and west take the bait?

Can Israel be held back indefinitely?

Are the US strategic oil reserves full and ready?

$6 maybe $8, possibly $10 per gallon averages for fuel in the USA, shortages and rationing?

Economic collapse, chaos?

Or will the world finally accept a nuclear Iran and move on?

The answers will be made available when all tests are completed

There seems to be more going on all the time...did I hear news of testing nuclear ordnances somewhere?

Oh ya...I did...seems Iran has tested nuclear weapons already and it it just moving ahead as we sit back and watch...so I would say...we are going to let them do what they are going to do and keep imposing things until we have something to worry about!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Either way this news is like saying "well i almost have a completed car and now i can make my own spark plugs".

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Either way this news is like saying "well i almost have a completed car and now i can make my own spark plugs".

Really...do you have evidence that they don't have nuclear grade weapons?

Or are you just assuming that they don't because they haven't said so...we have already established Iran is not known for it's honesty...do you know something we don't?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join