It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it has produced it first nuclear fuel rod...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Iran says it has produced it first nuclear fuel rod...

www.npr.org

Iranian scientists have produced the nation's first nuclear fuel rod, a feat of engineering the West has doubted Tehran capable of, the country's nuclear agency said Sunday.

The announcement marks an additional step in Tehran's efforts to achieve proficiency in the entire nuclear fuel cycle — from exploring uranium ore to producing nuclear fuel — despite U.N. sanctions and measures by the U.S. and others to get it to halt aspects of its atomic work that could provide a possible pathway to weapons production.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
So it is official then...Iran is now a nuclear power in the world and just begging someone to make a move.

Who is going to be the first to strike?

I would think that NATO will soon begin talks of moving in...something similar to Iraq I would think.

Anyway...just wanted to share the new and gather the thoughts of my fellow ATS'ers.

Enjoy.

www.npr.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is itself does not make them a nuclear power. Plust its not yet clear if they have just produced the rod but not the pellets. Iran has a history of making dubious claims.

Remember, they had a cure for AIDS several years ago and they also built a flying saucer as well.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Fox News Channel also reported the same story less than an hour ago. I do believe, that 2012 WILL be an intersting year for sure.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I cannot see the problem with Iran having access to nuclear full. What gives the West the right to dictate to other countries what type of fuel they use.

If people want to beef about nuclear wepons then they should look no further than irans neighbour Israel.... What is good for the goose is good for the ganda...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
This is itself does not make them a nuclear power. Plust its not yet clear if they have just produced the rod but not the pellets. Iran has a history of making dubious claims.

Remember, they had a cure for AIDS several years ago and they also built a flying saucer as well.

I really don't know what defines a country of being a nuclear power...so I should have said are on the way to becoming a nuclear power...either way...the have claimed to have produce a rod.

They do have a history of making bold claims...but this is a claim that could have some consequences.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I cannot see the problem with Iran having access to nuclear full. What gives the West the right to dictate to other countries what type of fuel they use.

I agree...nothing gives us the right...but we do it anyway.

I suspect that we will do it in Iran too.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I wouldnt worry too much about this single news event being a tipping point. They have already done many greater things if you will that would have been tipping points so this item is not to cause any worry by itself. Its not like they just announced they have developed a trigger, or assembled a warhead for and underground test or anything. The announcement that they went from %3 enrichment to %20 enrichment was a MUCH bigger deal and that was shrugged off sometime ago.

Originally posted by jerryznv

Originally posted by princeofpeace

I really don't know what defines a country of being a nuclear power...so I should have said are on the way to becoming a nuclear power...either way...the have claimed to have produce a rod.

They do have a history of making bold claims...but this is a claim that could have some consequences.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Now if someone could only make people understand that Iran can legally make nuclear fuel under the terms of NNPT...matter of fact as co-signers of said treaty we were legally obligated to assist them in any peaceful endeavors.

And under that same treaty financial aid to "rogue" nuclear nations that do not sign the treaty is illegal(cough. Israel).

Oh well, let's just kickstart this dumpster fire...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Iran says it has produced it first nuclear fuel rod

Way to go Iran

Too bad this will be used as a reason to demonize then attack them. Let's bomb every country that has fuel rods.

I think that would be more fair than just bombing one country who has nuclear fuel rods.

LOL @ NATO for their worthless sanctions.
edit on 1-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
and so it begins (2012)make the most of this year its gona be a rough one

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The most worrying thing about this is that it seems Iran are trying to provoke the US. I wonder what nation is behind them.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by murch
The most worrying thing about this is that it seems Iran are trying to provoke the US.

How so my friend?

Iran backed out of the Straights of Hormuz for the most part... they want to reopen discussions with the US... they haven't invaded another country in a century... and as I said under the NPPT they have followed every letter of the agreement(which we deem fit to completely ignore).

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
gee

this ahead of nuclear talks and on the heels of a threat

is kim jong ill alive and in tehran ?

that's right out of his playbook

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I wasn't aware that fabricating fuel rods was such an achievement. Also fabricating fuel rods isn't really an indicator of Iran being able to produce nuclear weapons, Iran could fabricate weapons without fabricating fuel rods...
edit on 1/1/12 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by murch

i wouldnt say provoke i wouls say its a gesture to mind there own buisness and sto policing the world

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Good for them . Now they want to resume talks with the u.n. I never really thought Iran as the problem . The majority of the u.n. securities council is the real problem. Iran has a right to nuclear energy just like anyone else , Iran has a right to defend themselves also . The u.n. are not prophets who claim to see the future , even as it seems they think they can. Has North Korea launched a single nuclear weapon to the south , no despite the claims of western governments that it would be the end of the world . I am so sick of the fear mongering of the western countries by a group of over paranoid politicians. If Iran wants to start a war I am sure they would of by now long time ago. Same with North Korea. Besides what current countries have been running massive bombing campaigns since ww2. Who has been funding 3rd world rouge nations to do their dirty work. But then I guess that I might be a little paranoid too if responsible of causing directly or indirectly mass killings of civilians during bombing campaigns of countries.
edit on 1/1/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

the US and others are jellos

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by murch

Umm I think you have it backwards the u.n. seems to be trying to provoke something . As well as the usa and israel .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join