It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Wallace Asks Ron Paul An Extremely Weird Question About AIDS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The Question is at 4:13

What an Odd question, to be honest i'm not feeling too well this morning
So maybe i'm missing something here and not focusing enough with my slight headache

Did he just imply something extremely weird?

If so I find that very offensive to somehow suggest such a simply stupid idea and suggesting that this is Ron Paul's stance

Or maybe I got it wrong

Someone school me

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm not quite sure I see what you are talking about, but it's understandable that you are confused because it was a piss-poor question.

The only thing that really stuck out to me was that he basically called AIDs a gay disease. Just ignorant.... or brainwashed.

Edit: recap of question: should people with aids not be entitled to health insurance as opposed to someone with a heterosexually transmitted disease?

Seriously? Totally writing off Chris Wallace from now on.
edit on 1/1/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
What a worm..That guy pisses me off. The interviewer.
2nd

U

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Don' understand your issue.

He was quoted as to what he wrote in a book, an basically gave him an opportunity to clarify the position.

If anything, RP comes out better for that clarification.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Im curious to know what your research on aids has shown?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Was pretty weird yeah. Seems Chris Wallace was using that as a very very stupid example of what Ron Paul represents - ones own responsibility, people need to know that if their going to do something that effects them, and they 100% know the consequences of them actions, then they cant expect the same treatment as the people who do take responsibility and don't 'abuse' their bodies. . He tried fkin Ron Paul over, but it didnt work - Ron's too good for this smear sht. .

He smashed the question anyhow

They're scared that hes oping people eyes to knowing we should have responsibility for our selves and not depend on the state - people have become too PC and we accept a nanny state
They're using the lowest types of examples to try stear people thoughts away from his idea's. . . It isnt working, its just showing how sad & desperate they are

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Interesting how Wallace made it a gay disease by referring to a heterosexual disease in his questioning essentially implying this was the opposite. I heard Ron Paul say "sexually transmitted" disease and also referred to "lifestyle". Both of which are correct, straight or not it is sexually transmitted and as for lifestyle drug use and sharing needles is a lifestyle choice that facilitates transmission.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

My evidence has shown that HIV can be passed between homosexual and heterosexual partners.

I infected your dad and he passed it to your mom.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB

That's not nice at all
you should be ashamed of yourself

not at all funny

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Mr.Paul by my observations from outside the USA is that He is the man ...He time and time again causes his detractors to interrupt his answers because they are being foiled ....His message is very consistent and does solve or at least puts the US back on a tract to becoming a sovereign nation and not the anti=christ ... He makes it simple to solve the woes of the US and most of the rest of the other Nations of the world ..Don't forget that its not only the powers from outside that are a threat but mostly the ones from within ....peace

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

can you or someone acuratly transcript the contencious exchange ? not everone has audio or can watch streamed vid on the computers they log onto ATS with

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Without going into verbatim of the interview ,bla bla bla ...The interviewer uses quotes from RP that could without context or clarification what he meant pertaining to aids,and how people with it should take on the burden of responsibility to the cost of insurance and not the average tax payer .. his affiliation with the racist remarks published way back in a time when he was not editing these things and his unequivocal denunciations of such crap ...they didn't pursue that one much as they know he will just say take a hike ....its too bad you don't have the ability to listen to most of the videos or audio pieces ..sad ...its like lurking on ATS and joining in the conversation ....Its not a really big deal in one way but it can add a layer of trying to understanding just what the heck is going on ...
I hope that helps a little ...peace

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
They want people to think that Ron Paul believes people with AIDS are gay and evil. Talk about backfire. If you watch carefully I think you can see Wallace's heartbeat rise a little after he eats his foot.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by MeesterB

That's not nice at all
you should be ashamed of yourself

not at all funny

I think it was meant to show heterosexual transmission. It happens.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
All I saw in that video was a very worn out, down, and depressed looking Ron Paul.

Ron Paul sinks himself everytime he talks. In this video he makes an argument that people with AIDS shouldn't be allowed to buy health insurance...he compares it to a 9 month pregnant lady trying to get health insurance. That's really nice Ron Paul...kind of backs up your debate statements about letting someone die in the streets that didn't have insurance.

I also like that they touched on his failure to do anything significant while in Congress...Ron Paul tried to use the same argument that has been used here. He tried to claim his failure in Congress is a sign that he is right.

But the one thing that really stood out to me is that he directly called himself a "Libertarian"...not a "Republican". If I were the GOP...I'd kick him out of the party for continuing to identify himself as something other than a "Republican".

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Diffrent coloured glasses give that sort of effect ....peace

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Ah....so your a gay carrier? Now my computer has a virus. It's a homosexual disease spread in the state run bath houses you frequent. Fact.

top topics

join