It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharmacy robber, federal agent shot dead in NY

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

That's strange that we aren't hearing anything more about the shooter.

I reread the article and I thought it stated that he was shot also but not much else. Strange.

It even went into detail that the other officers were taken to the hospital for trauma.

I'm assuming since there was not anymore word other than he was shot, that he also died. But, that is an assumption.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

Well it would be nice to find out more information on the robber. But, I don't know if he died or if he's alive. ANd, I'm not going to assume anything, maybe they'll update the article.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I just thought of something.

I think it is law in many areas for dispensaries to have armed gaurds for the dispensary and the patient's protection. Why don't opiate ridden pharmacies have to also?

The family of the fallen officer should sue this pharmacy for not protecting the public.

Because I'm sure had this happened at a dispensary, the feds would be all over it saying that they are unsafe, etc., etc.

Well, your opiate pharmacies are the ones that are unsafe.

I think I'll be using mail order from now on knowing how many herion/oxycontin fiends there are these days (well...ever since we invaded Afghanastan and started to physically gaurd the poppy fields.....but that is another thread).

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Update about the robber

NEW YORK (AP) — Police have identified an armed robber whose clash with an off-duty federal law enforcement agent ended with both shot dead outside a suburban New York pharmacy.

Nassau County police identify the man as 43-year-old James McGoey. A message left for family at his Hampton Bays home wasn't immediately returned.

Authorities say McGoey held up a pharmacy Saturday and was confronted by three men with law enforcement experience: Veteran Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Agent John Capano, an off-duty police officer and a retired police officer.

Capano and McGoey were shot to death. It's not clear who shot either man.

New York Rep. Peter King says Capano was picking up his elderly father's cancer medication. The congressman says Capano's mother died of breast cancer two weeks ago.

news.yahoo.com...

Still doesn't say whether or not he was killed or if he got injured.
edit on 2-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

Here in the states there is no law covering prescription narcs aside from how they are stored / dispensed and required paperwork to have to be in lawful possession of them (must be in original container, persons name and info on the box / bottle etc).

Secondly state laws will vary when it comes to a private persons use of force, including deadly. Some states require a person, even if they are the ones being attacked, to retreat and disengage from the situation if they can do so. If they fail to, they can be charged (dont get me started on this law /mumbles to self)

Also, when a person is going to be placed into harms way by being given a uniform and gun, then for legal reasons they are going to need to train that individual and pay a decent wage in order to get quality.

I get what your saying, however in this case it reminds me of the TSA argument, and we see how well that security is working out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join