It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharmacy robber, federal agent shot dead in NY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Ok, so you have 3 experienced officers in the store, who should been able to take this guy down without a hassle and the robber still won?

These guys did go through training. Correct?

I just don't get it.

I don't think anybody should of died in this robbery.

RIP John Capano. My thoughts to your family.

news.yahoo.com...

Police said the gunman entered the pharmacy in Seaford about 2 p.m., looking for painkillers and money, and announced a holdup. As he tried to leave with what he came for, three people confronted him: the ATF agent, an off-duty city police officer and a retired police officer.

edit on 1-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

This is too sad for words.
The article also states that Rx meds are on the rise. I have no doubt about this. Just check out the local small free standing MRI/Pain clinics. They can be staffed by Podiatrists and LPN's with usually one Radiologist and one RN. Some of these places hand out prescriptions like Wal-Mart hands out coupons.
It disgusts me to no end of how many lives are ruined because of the oppression and greed in this society.
My sympathy and condolences to the LEO's family.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yeah, just the other day, we had a pharmacy robbery here, and if I went a half hour early, I would been smack dab in the robbery. Thankfully no one got hurt. But, it is pretty scary knowing that you may have been caught in the middle. The pharmacy was closed and he left, but, he still pointed the gun at the cashier. Still scary for a normal person.

But experienced officers, They should have been able to diffuse the situation in a manner where no one got hurt. They deal with the situation on a daily basis.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I'm glad to hear noone was hurt when your store was robbed

However, we all need to keep in mind that we weren't there so it's a little silly to second guess what happened.
It is a shame that someone lost their life over something like this though. Prayers for the officers family.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
But experienced officers, They should have been able to diffuse the situation in a manner where no one got hurt. They deal with the situation on a daily basis.

I bet these officers didn't have their LEO toys with them as they were off duty. I.E. a badge, gun, tazer, batons, pepper spray, etc.

Without their special toys, they are just a regular person.

I feel bad for the officer but they need to start training them to rely on their own hands instead of their toys.

Or maybe start to train them that if they are off-duty to not respond and let the on-duty officers take control?

In May, a New York Police Department officer shot to death an off-duty colleague who was carrying a gun while chasing a suspected car thief in East Harlem.

In March, an off-duty transit authority officer shot a Nassau County police officer who was in plainclothes and carrying a rifle while both men were responding to a crime in the town of Massapequa Park.

And in 2008, Westchester County police officers killed an off-duty officer from suburban Mount Vernon while he intervened in a fight.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Not only are they becoming more frequent, but more brazen and violent... Instead of the low profile with a note and hand gun we had one some time back where the guy openly walked in with a ski mask and ak-47.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

No, they still have off duty weapons. And, they also have to carry their badges in their wallet. I'm a cashier. And when I card them, and check their signatures, there's their badge. So, it's still has to be on their person. Plus, they go off on the metal detector at the store.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

It wasn't at my store. It was another store I was driving too. My competitor.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Not only are they becoming more frequent, but more brazen and violent... Instead of the low profile with a note and hand gun we had one some time back where the guy openly walked in with a ski mask and ak-47.

This should tell us something.

I have yet to hear of an "addict" gun down people at those special pharmacies that sell a green medicine in California and Colorado (among other states).

Go figure that the pharmacies that sell opiates are the ones getting robbed......who'd a thunk it?
edit on 1-1-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I wonder if one of the other two men accidentally shot the off-duty along with the robber.

I blame the pharmaceutical companies and the CIA for keeping this country strung out and dependent on opiates. The pharmaceutical do it legally while the CIA keeps the streets filled.

These drugs are dangerous on purpose. It's to insure the pulse of this country (revenue) always keeps flowing!

It's time we go back to nature!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
There will always be drugs with the potential for abuse.
What we need is social equality and wealth redistribution.
There is a lot of misery that could be entirely avoided if this was done.....
Much of the reasons for drug abuse are poverty and exploitation by the elite....
Time for a revoluyion in the heads of the world.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

I have yet to hear of an "addict" gun down people at those special pharmacies that sell a green medicine in California and Colorado (among other states).

Go figure that the pharmacies that sell opiates are the ones getting robbed......who'd a thunk it?

Because marijuana doesn't have the same effect that hydrocodone or oxycontin does.

Marijuana... Opiods... not even close to affecting the same parts of the body. So please dont try to turn this into a rally for legalization.

edit on 1-1-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Because marijuana doesn't have the same effect that hydrocodone or oxycontin does.

Marijuana... Opiods... not even close to affecting the same parts of the body. So please dont try to turn this into a rally for legalization.

edit on 1-1-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Yeah, not trying to turn this into a rally or anything, but.......

Jonesing for the pharmaceutical meds can make you rob the place in your jones.

Weed? Never heard of anything like that. I could see people trying to jack others when the money gets big, but never potheads breaking in cause they're just dying for a bonghit.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Actually the stats are there for robberies of marijuana facilities in California. The LAPD police chief stated they occur but aren't the epicenters for crime in those areas. So I guess yes, they do get robbed, just like other places that sell medical items.

To bring it back around to on topic an don't run afoul of T and C violation, the Federal agent killed was at the pharmacy picking up his fathers cancer medication.

Any other info on the robber?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

No, I didn't see any information on the robber.

I don't know if he got away or if he was also killed.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Um....Mr. policeman.....my comment was rhetorical. You do know what a rhetorical question is correct?

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question posed for its persuasive effect without the expectation of a reply.

Notice the last part? "Without expectation of a reply".

The only one who said the word legalization is you Mr. policeman. So, don't put words in my mouth. K?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

To bring it back around to on topic an don't run afoul of T and C violation, the Federal agent killed was at the pharmacy picking up his fathers cancer medication.

And had he been at a dispensary getting his fathers cancer medication, he would still be alive today.

BTW, I dare you to show us just ONE dispensary robbery that occured because the robber was "addicted" and needed the drug. Dare ya.

Robbing for money and robbing for drugs are 2 totally different scenarios.
edit on 2-1-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
There's no need for you 2 to be attacking Xcathdra,

Stop it now please.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
There's no need for you 2 to be attacking Xcathdra,

Stop it now please.

For one thing.

The comment "So don't make this into legalization blah. blah, blah" was the first "attack" if you will. I responded in kind. Don't like it? Tough. Don't start threads. But, since 85% of the mods on this site are cops or jack boot lickers then I'm sure I'm the one who will end up with the warning. Mark my words....prediction #1 of 2012.

Now, have we heard anything more about the addict who was also shot?

edit on 2-1-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

I've been looking, I can't find anything on the Robber.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join