It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy Utopia Shows A Practical Face.The Time's Ripe For A Power Harvest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I've become aware of and interested in the idea of energy harvesting. In fact it's more than an idea, as there are devices already using this technique amongst us.

Capturing electricity by way of recovering vibrational type energy is known as piezoe electric energy.

This kind of energy, as we already know, is all around us all of the time and it's there for the taking. At the moment, there is a mass roll out going on for things like traffic monitoring devices (oh joy).

Another technique for capturing spare, and otherwise wasted energy is known as pyroe electric energy. This harvests energy
from high temperature sources and is stable up to 1200 degrees. This could be a superb way of catpuring what I would hope to be a great percentage, and a significant amount of all that energy that escapes into the air from industrial process.

The grand idea at the moment is grow the ability to capture the spare energy from nearly everything. It could be from sounds around us, the roar of jet aircraft taking off and landing, a voice, spare heat from rocks cooling down after a sunny day, furniture being moved around,tectonic plates, you get the drift, absolutely everything!

There has been talk of course of smaller scale devices that can use extrmely small amounts of power, but what sruck me, was the fact that there are ideas being towted around, that suggest enough energy could be harvested to allow collection in central distribution stations, there being possibly billions of miniture power stations feeding into a grid. I guess all these micro amounts would add up to a fairly respectable amount of available power. All free of course (ha ha).

I've posted a couple of addresses below for those who wish to know more on this.

en.wikipedia.org...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I wanted to add this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... as it has the magic material that should connect all the good ideas together to make them great ....The web of info now available to us and with new materials should show a surge in mans ability to climb out of this hole tptb have put us in ...peace

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyoshi
pyroe electric energy

Dollar per watt cost of pyroelectric and thermoelectric devices are too high to make them worth buying at this time.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Wow I was thinking the same thing after I read that thread(read it earlier this morning) funny how great minds think alike.
Couple this technology with that graphene capacitor. Wow the possibilities are endless.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cyoshi

Energy harvesting is not a new concept, and there are thousands of patents showing systems that pull energy from the air. The only reason why cars are not running on water and houses on tesla/hydrogen tech is direct supression by the energy industry. Free energy is there for everyone, but when you try to tell anyone about it or release the tech, they either pay you off or kill you.

The answer is to learn basic electricity and build your own for yourself, using the mountains of patents and factual data. Then you need to be very quiet about it, since you will no longer be enslaved by them.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by android18957392

Well yes that might mean still drawing a bit of 'their' power to stay under the radar.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cyoshi

Agreed. Keep some of your cfl lights on the bill. They take very little power. And when the grid goes down, close your curtains

top topics

join