It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop attacking Jesus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DetectiveT

. . . that must come to pass according to god's own word requires that mans free will be removed.
Depends on if you mean mankind in general, or individual men.
Mankind would be on a road to hell, and so the intervention.
Jesus said something to the effect that bad things will happen and that must be so but do not be the one through which these things come about.
"End time" prophecies are hokum.
What I mean is what people present, which is a really distorted version of what the Bible says and is based on a real lack of understanding, or some bad motives like desire for attention or maybe even self hatred.
edit on 1-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Thank you for a thoughtful reply. I can understand your point of view but I'm even willing to go so far as to say if non-intervention meant that mankind was on a road to hell to so be it. Man's choice.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

its you!

-TF

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DetectiveT

I listen to a radio show on Sunday nights called the Paracast and last week they had a cryptozoologist on as the guest who is an author plus has a private museum in Maine. He was taking about (among other things) condors. The idea is that other than these banded or markered, and tracked birds, they would basically be extinct in North America. He was saying that they are coming back and it includes individuals not included in this protected and helped along population.
The point being that stuff happens. Somehow, somewhere there were birds that escaped notice and were not supposed to exist, but they did anyway, and hypothetically, they could come back. We may want to think something like that can happen with us too. Sort of like the Noah story, even if the world was so evil it had to be destroyed, there would be survivors anyway and they could eventually come right back.
I using this as a sort of analogy for what may happen in the future even if people never do quite get it together to stop all the stupidity in the world.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

Hmmm. The way this is worded could be interpreted to mean that those of us who challenge the "Bible and Jesus is the only Way!! crowd"

.....we, who are hated, shunned, reported to mods, reproached, scoffed at, mocked with laughy faces and rolly-eyes and thumbs down, and reminded that we are evil, we are Satan, we are going to hell.......and then ignored (or alternatively told we will be "prayed for" or sarcastically sniping "may God give you abundance"..... and called hypocrites, liars, and persecuters) or accused of being cruel and mean and heartless and hurtful....

that "we", in fact, are the blessed ones.
Okay then! I'ma go with that one.
Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join