It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop attacking Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by shroudnews77

We didn't have tanks, jet fighters and the TSA back when jesus was last here. I would like to see how he even gets to set foot on this planet without some form of photo ID.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
who is this "jesus" and "satan" dudes you speak of?
im an atheist but i don't ever vilify about others beliefs.
what i do hate is when people tell me im going to hell for being a non believer.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Another year on ats but nothing's changed.

Another OP without any substance what so ever.

Couldn't you at least elaborate a bit? Did you really have to post this?

Stop attacking Jesus is a command and not a prediction.

Thank's for wasting my time

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

How about the natives who still reside deep in the Amazon? Are they simply going to burn in hell because a bible hasn't fallen out of the sky and hit one of them in the head?

Do you even realize how many millions of people on this planet have never even heard of Jesus or the bible, through no fault of their own? And how come this all might God of yours couldn't foresee or solve that little issue?

Its puzzling how or why you would think such a critical issue could be lost on christians, let alone God. I mean, what makes you think I haven't thought about this question, battled with this question? I came before God on a MULTITUDE of occasions petitioning Him to answer this very question. I searched the Scriptures, prayed, and the answer is no longer hidden from me.

Please consider:

"And they sang a new song, saying: You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals; for You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation," Revelation 5:9

Notice - every tribe, every tongue, every people, and every nation.

This includes of course those indigenous tribes in the Amazon you speak of ... among many others spanning from antiquity into modern times. The adjective every includes of course tribes, nations, tongues, and peoples who have not been introduced to canonized Scripture or a human witness. Please note, this does not mean there isn't another way ... as there must be since God Himself says people from ALL tribes are represented in His kingdom.

This particular Scripture doesn't answer how this is so (though others do), but it does answer that it IS so.

All the answers are there for you to see and know for yourself.

Regards,

FTE
edit on 1-1-2012 by followtheevidence because:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
How about a deal, I will stop bashing Jesus when Christians stop bashing Homosexuals, Girls needing Abortions, & anyone else who hasn't "Seen the light"?
edit on 1-1-2012 by bismarket because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

True Christians will count it as JOY when we are spoken ill of.

Stop hating Jesus ?

This will never happen, the Master has told us beforehand that if we become his disciple that Humanity will despise us for his name sake.

The OP is pointing out a real problem within the Faith.

The problem has existed for Centuries,

That many who identify themselves as Christians have no idea what the teachings of the Master are.

Many have fallen into the snare of Religion, followed false instruction, allowed others to interpret, blindly followed the blind.

Great Evil has been unleashed into this World through Religion and those who blindly follow.

True Christianity is NOT a Religion.

True Christianity is a Spiritual Path that few master.

Many today that would identify themselves as Christian would not recognize Christ if he appeared in person,

Nor would Christ be able to recognize them.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Jesus is about love and light.

Who needs love and light? This world needs love and light.

I urge you people in the darkness to reach up to the light!

And I say to the bringers of darkness - enjoy Satan.

The positive message that Jesus bore isn't the problem, it's the way that his "followers" have twisted it to fit their own agendas that had been the catalyst for flames and distrust. Much, if not most, of the negativity posted is in direct response to intolerance for other human beings, something I believe goes against the true message in his teachings.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
He ain't coming if you keep mispronouncing his name,

It's not "Gee-zuz"

It's pronounced "Hey-soos"

I know, when people mispronounce MY name, It just ticks me off!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well, no disrespect to anyone's beliefs here, but let's say that you happen to believe that Jesus is the son of God (or Jesus is God?). The only son of, if not the creator and controller of all things. He has ultimate power over everything and can do literally anything at all at any time.

Why would he need someone else to stick up for him?

For that matter, why would he care at all what a person thought about him? That would be like me worrying about what the ants in my yard think of me. And demanding that they worship and believe in me. Actually, more like the bacteria that live on the ants in my yard.

I could not possibly care any bit less what the bacteria that live on the ants in my yard think of me or whether or not they believe in me. And I would never demand that they worship me and follow my rules. I myself am far from perfect, so why would a perfect being do such things?

Just doesn't make any kind of sense to me, but I understand people have different ideas and beliefs.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Jesus is about love and light.

Who needs love and light? This world needs love and light.

I urge you people in the darkness to reach up to the light!

And I say to the bringers of darkness - enjoy Satan.

As a matter of fact Lucifer means "bringer of light".

I have no problems with Jesus; what I do have a problem with is the atrocities that have been committing in his name. If he did actually exist I wonder how he would feel about how his message has been "spread" over the millennia.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Christianity almost ruled this whole world at one time in our history. And indeed, still wields far more power than it should be allowed.

Millions upon millions were persecuted and murdered throughout the world in the name of Jesus.

Millions upon millions of books and ancient manuscripts were burned, destroyed, stolen, and hidden in the name of Jesus.

Buildings and altars and civilizations were crushed in the name of Jesus.

And Jesus must have been in agreement with all that was done in his name, because he did not lift a finger to stop it. The omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent god did nothing. And is still doing nothing.

Stop attacking Jesus? If he truly is God incarnate, who else would you suggest we attack? The Devil? Satan can only do what his creator gives him permission to do, or commissions him to do. He's merely a regional manager under God's authority.

If Jesus truly existed. He was a man. And if any of what he supposedly said is recorded correctly, then I think he would be thoroughly disgusted, and would weep a lot more than he wept the first time if he knew the atrocities that are still being committed in his name today.
edit on 1/1/2012 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
The hatred of Jesus is just another prophecy fulfilled ... Scripture prophesied all of this. Not really sure what else to say. The world doesn't care about light or truth. It cares about passing fads and a temporary reality.
edit on 1-1-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

How about the natives who still reside deep in the Amazon? Are they simply going to burn in hell because a bible hasn't fallen out of the sky and hit one of them in the head?

Do you even realize how many millions of people on this planet have never even heard of Jesus or the bible, through no fault of their own? And how come this all might God of yours couldn't foresee or solve that little issue?

Jesus said, "You must be born again." In John 3, he also said this:

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

The wind blows our essence where it pleases. We receive what we earn and reap what we sow. Baptism is the key to understanding this process of birth and rebirth. Baptism is the immersion of the soul into the water of the world. To transpose our mortal coil for the spirit, we find love for God and gain union with the spirit as one new creation transcends the lower realm of material for the higher realm of spirit. The dead in Christ will rise first after the coming apocalypse. What happens to those who do not die in Christ?

Go back to Baptism and find out. John the Baptist refused to baptize a group of prideful people. These people were ultimately responsible for crucifying Christ. Christ was crucified for the sins of the world, so those who crucify Christ from unbelief are these very people.

Matthew 3

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

The answer to your question is, "You must be born again to see new life." Choices determine our faith as a reflection of our love for God and others. Evidence of our intentions to God will reveal our ability to rise again.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rom12345
I don't think anyone hates Jesus
It is more likely they hate the people that USE him as their "GOD", and in so doing justify all manner of crimes
edit on 1-1-2012 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

I think you called it, right there. Through years of research I have found some 16 men named Jesus, with no real evidence at all for any of them. Just stories and myths. Christians pray to Jesus and have no real idea of who they are really praying to, giving power to, worshipping as a God.... who can do anything for them, and so on. They may be praying to a Dragon, after all, they would not know it, would they? If the Draco do invade Earth, I think we all know who the first one taken will be.

And get this straight, no one here, myself included, is against any Christian, or the message left here by Christ. What I am against is your organization and your leadership. They have you all brainwashed, as I explained in a recent thread. If you cannot see it, don't feel bad, no one can tell if they are brainwashed. He was a man, not a God.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

. . . if not the creator and controller of all things. He has ultimate power over everything and can do literally anything at all at any time.

I don't think it is safe or helpful to just assume that this is the case.
I think it would be more useful to think about an existing universe which God operates in and makes the best of things as possible with what He finds, or the universe as He found it.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

May I just say ... I am completely in love with your avatar and whoever is wearing that is a legend

to the OP "the coming of jesus" resulted in so much evil it's hard not to bash the fellow

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I have a question. Many seem to use Bible predictions as a way to validate the Bible but don't they contradict the very essence of the Bible's message? Man was given free will or at the very least the ability to choose. This is what the entire faith is based around; choosing to accept god.

Jesus' death and resurrection: For man to be saved he had to die, correct? If god gave man free will what if they didn't choose to kill him? That's kind of a big if isn't it? I know I wouldn't want to leave something like that to chance. Even if I could estimate a 99% probability that still leaves a possibility things could not go the way they were intended. So were these events forced into motion? Did those who kill Jesus become murderers because god willed it to be thus condemning them to Hell?

The Apocalypse: All this talk about the anti-christ coming into power as if we have no choice. What if we choose not to let someone like that into power or I choose to kill this being? Are we destined to fail? If so why? Why must these events play out as such if we have free will?

Now if we alter these events don't they nullify the Bible's prophecy and it's infallibility? Are we being played like puppets? If man really has the ability to choose then the Bible should have no prophecies whatsoever in it because it literally would be an unwritten story.

If god could accurately see what was going to happen in the future to such a degree then I question the judgement of creating that soul in the first place. To be honest I believe if we do have the ability to choose then even this god should not know the outcome otherwise it is predestination.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DetectiveT

God does things for a purpose and when making the determination for the course of action, there seems to be an ability to judge just what His capabilities are, and the limitations of the people involved, so one reason for having His own son involved for the most crucial part.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Leave Jesus alone!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence

. The adjective every includes of course tribes, nations, tongues, and peoples who have not been introduced to canonized Scripture or a human witness.

FTE
edit on 1-1-2012 by followtheevidence because:

I thought the bible says that the ONLY way to salvation is through Jesus, and declaring Jesus your savior.. This seems a bit unfair that there is a clause....

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

This only seems to add weight to my argument and you also added in something I had not previously thought of. You see if there really is free choice the outcome would still not be known despite any manipulation or judgements made by god on who the players should be outside of divine predestination. Everything Jesus did led up to his death. This was also manipulation on Jesus' part to get a desired result. Man was literally being played no matter the intent. Despite Jesus' manipulations that would still leave a margin of error. For everything to be accounted for for something that must come to pass according to god's own word requires that mans free will be removed.

It also does not explain away why the end times prophecies must play out as such either. Why can't we change it and if we can/do does it mean the Bible was wrong? I make the argument again that for freedom of choice to exist no prophecies should exist regardless of how certain an outcome may appear to be.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join