It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it "so" important for Christians to confess Jesus as their Lord?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

What are you talking about? Who are my people? I'm not going to compromise or water down the message of the Bible to be accepted and congratulated by a world that's on the broad way to hell. If the world is giving me atta-boys and high-fives for my message I know I'm doing it completely wrong and promoting the doctrines of demons. Paul was beaten, stoned, ridiculed, and ran out of every synagogue he entered. Jesus was accused of having a demon and finally murdered. Not saying I am a prophet, I'm not, but they spent their lives running, in jail, or being murdered for proclaiming the truths of God.

I'll never apologize for speaking the truth. We are filthy compared to a Holy and righteous God, whether they agree with that or not is not my problem. I'm not here to earn votes, I'm not running for any elected office.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Careful with claiming Christ is our Redeemer, JM will run to start a trolling thread about you claiming you will go to Hell.

Jesus redeemed the world, that is biblical.
What you do is create your own definition for redemption where you apply it in a individual way that is not biblical.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Bah, like i care what he says. I don't pay attention to pharisees. Besides, Savior and Redeemer mean the same thing

Oh, I see, according to you, thinking words in the Bible actually mean something is being a Pharisee.
I suppose not having any fixed definitions for words is so much more liberating.
Just keep that in mid, that despite what you might think of yourself, the fact is that you are a liberal.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I'm not here to earn votes, I'm not running for any elected office.

It seems like you are and you seem to be very self centered, looking at how much of what you say is only about yourself, I don't see how you could be spreading a message about anyone else.
edit on 6-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Careful with claiming Christ is our Redeemer, JM will run to start a trolling thread about you claiming you will go to Hell.

Jesus redeemed the world, that is biblical.
What you do is create your own definition for redemption where you apply it in a individual way that is not biblical.

BS, Jesus is my "personal Savior" meaning, I rely on Him personally and completely to save me. That His death was all-sufficient for the redemption of mankind. I trust in Christ, and in Him alone. I've clarified this numerous times.

I trust in no one other than Jesus Christ and in Him alone.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

It seems like you are and you seem to be very self centered, looking at how much of what you say is only about yourself, I don't see how you could be spreading a message about anyone else.

I do not care what people say about me, never have, never will. Posting here is what I do to kill free time, it's more fun for me than watching television. Sorry to disappoint you JM.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaughingatHumanity
reply to post by sacgamer25

You can pray all you want but nothing will close my eyes to the brilliance and beauty of a world without the shackles of the mind and heart devised by man.

Two hands working do more than any number clasped in prayer.

Also, I would ask instead of prayer you do something kind for your fellow man, it's far more prudent, just, and effective.
edit on 1-1-2012 by LaughingatHumanity because: (no reason given)

Bolshevism saves noone.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I find it rather offensive that you would write a post placing the name of God directly next to your spewing forth profanity.
Also I notice the same sort of use of vulgar language in connection to God by your compatriot into the path to Hell, lonewolf.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I find it rather offensive that you would write a post placing the name of God directly next to your spewing forth profanity.
Also I notice the same sort of use of vulgar language in connection to God by your compatriot into the path to Hell, lonewolf.

I apologize for my extreme aversion to conscience-seared liars. I'm not completely sanctified yet, it's a work in process.

EDIT: Okay, that wasn't true, I'm sorry. I really don't apologize for my extreme aversion to conscience-seared liars, that was sarcasm and flippancy.

edit on 6-1-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

You can take my words any way you please. I don't hate or judge anyone. As I stated before I was answering the titular question from my point of view. Choose to believe what I see or don't, it really doesn't matter much to me. Live and Let Live.

I lead what most would consider a very "Christian" life but I'm not religious and I don't believe. You could say I believe in Jesus' teachings, if he did exist and if he didn't then I believe in the sentiment of the written messages associated with him. I consider myself to be "spiritual"

If you look at my original post you'll see that I very clearly said "I believe"...... I could very well be wrong but that is what I see and what I believe. You can believe it or not believe it, it's all gravy.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I do not care what people say about me, never have, never will. Posting here is what I do to kill free time, it's more fun for me than watching television. Sorry to disappoint you JM.

You should FILL time and not KILL time
Got an earing bashing from my Dad for saying "kill time" hehe

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my posts.

I would consider myself to lead what would classically be called a "Christian" life. I really dislike saying this because I know to anyone who doesn't know me it sounds as though I'm being "smug and self satisfied" but I really do help others without expecting anything back, I go out of my way to help people even if I suffer as a result (believe me or not
)
I'm actually without income at the moment but I give any money I have to others to help them. I believe that by helping others I will be looked after, either from karma or "something" watching over me. I don't do that for the reward but because I genuinely want to help people.

Now as I see it, as I have tried to explain (and failed miserably lol
) That those that preach and those that claim salvation should be doing less of that and more to help others. Ok bud, you're saved, have a cookie... stop being so smug (Not aimed at you
) Now worry less about letting us know how lucky you are and go amongst your fellow man and HELP!!

My real problem with "god" is that I don't believe that any good god would expect anyone to lay their whole life in front of him as a slave, to pray and worship him.. what kind of "superior" being would expect that?

It's all there in the Bible so don't tell me it isn't, that is what he wants, that is what he expects.

A good parent raises their children, nutures, supports and teaches them then lets them free into the world to learn from their own mistakes. Not expect them to kneel down and worship them because mum and dad created them.

Now as for Jesus, he may well have lived but to me, no more than a spiritual person speaking love for one another (A very early hippy if you will
)

The words attributed to him are awesome and should be followed!!

Son of God? Holy Spirit? God in the flesh?

Nope, not to me, just a very good human spirit.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Let me share with you something I am working on. So that you may know why you have lived what you refer to as the Christian life.

There is a secret that I want to share with you.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Mathew 10:13-16 13 People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” 16 And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.

Colossians 1 24:27 24 26 This message was kept secret for centuries and generations past, but now it has been revealed to God’s people. 27 For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory.

Romans 2:14-15 14Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.

John15 1-8 1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

You were born with the word on your heart. Christ is the word that became flesh. You were born with Christ and he has always lived in you. If you have not felt this it is because you have not remained in him, for he remains in you. He forgave you before you were created, and he chooses to live in you. He was always there, when you were hurt he was hurt. When you choose not to remain in him, he wept for you to come back. He came in flesh, sacrificed himself to prove to you that he loved you and guarantees your resurrection. But you must remain in him and bear fruit, or the father may cut you off.

You must accept this message with the faith of a child. When I tell my child this she has faith that it is true. She accepts that Jesus lives in her and that she is guided by him in all things. When anyone chooses to do what is pleasing to Jesus we are filled with Joy because we have been loved by the one living in us. He fills us with this Joy to encourage us to continue to follow him.

When you fall to your knees when you see Jesus because you finally realize how much you were loved, He will tell you to stand up because he sees you as his brother. Jesus came to serve you not to demand worship. I don't think you understand that worship God in the bible is an act of love. For he came to love and serve you, you will also love and serve him. What you have been taught about the bible is far from what the bible says.
edit on 6-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Thanks for the response.

Can you clarify for me what this means? ""But you must remain in him and bear fruit, or the father may cut you off.""

Ok, I think I'm begining to understand a little... Worship doesn't mean to fall to my knees praying and grovelling 24hrs a day but doing things that pleases God... like helping others? But what if I still don't accept Jesus as God?

I've been brought up in a very Catholic enviroment with aunts who are nuns so I find it hard to separate God from the vengeful image presented to me.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Mister_Bit because: A Eureka moment....

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Haha, okay Master Bit, I'll remember that one! Your dad was correct.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my posts.
I really dislike saying this because I know to anyone who doesn't know me it sounds as though I'm being "smug and self satisfied" but I really do help others without expecting anything back, I go out of my way to help people even if I suffer as a result (believe me or not
)

Nobody has to believe your words, actions says everything. I think that is pretty awesome that you do that. I believe in the throwing a stone into the pond thing....the ripples will carry for quite a way. The best thing about it is people don't forget what you have done by your actions, and so they will turn and do the same. Maybe sometimes not to the magnitude you have, but it does transfer. Some of the people who have helped me, I have carried with me my whole life. Quite often I can't see till years later the affect that little ripple had on me when it came across me.

I'm actually without income at the moment but I give any money I have to others to help them. I believe that by helping others I will be looked after, either from karma or "something" watching over me. I don't do that for the reward but because I genuinely want to help people.

That is an awesome gift to have! I use to walk by the guy on the corner that needed money all the time and give him what I could out of my pocket. Someone just taught me a trick though, and instead of giving them the money, how about taking them to what they need or bringing it to them and sit with them for a bit. It seemed like an odd thing to do at first, but what started happening was pretty amazing. I would just ask them how they are doing or something, and then they would just start talking away. Most of the time I just sit and listen, because that is all they really want anyway. Instead of just bringing them the money, I bring them a sandwich and spend some time with them. People have amazing stories when I can hear them. More often than not, I find they just wanted someone to spend a little time with them. Just like I did

Now as I see it, as I have tried to explain (and failed miserably lol
)

I personally don't think you failed at all. I think you are doing just fine in explaining things, and some of your actions in life it sounds like.

That those that preach and those that claim salvation should be doing less of that and more to help others. Ok bud, you're saved, have a cookie... stop being so smug (Not aimed at you
) Now worry less about letting us know how lucky you are and go amongst your fellow man and HELP!!

I couldn't agree with you more. I don't want the cookie anymore, I want the whole bakery, only so I can then share all the cookies with everyone.

My real problem with "god" is that I don't believe that any good god would expect anyone to lay their whole life in front of him as a slave, to pray and worship him.. what kind of "superior" being would expect that?

It's all there in the Bible so don't tell me it isn't, that is what he wants, that is what he expects.

Can't argue with you here either. Don't think that's God's intentions or what he wants at all. I think God just want's us ALL to hang out together and eat cookies. I don't think Jesus would approve of the way most people are carrying his message today. It was NOTHING of what he was about IMO. Jesus washed their feet, never asked for his feet to be washed only.

A good parent raises their children, nutures, supports and teaches them then lets them free into the world to learn from their own mistakes. Not expect them to kneel down and worship them because mum and dad created them.
Hmm...I like this. I wonder if that is what God is "actually" doing with us? I will have to think about this one some more.

Now as for Jesus, he may well have lived but to me, no more than a spiritual person speaking love for one another (A very early hippy if you will
)
Well we know that he was here, but what we don't know is the definition of "lived." That is what I am trying to figure out with you bro.

LOL...I wonder if that is why I am so fascinated by him...because I am an "early hippy" also! Awesome statement!

The words attributed to him are awesome and should be followed!!

Couldn't agree with you more! He has always been my hero in whatever understanding I had at the time. That is the beauty of it huh? There is something mesmerizing about him, no matter where you are at with things. Even the best atheists in the world would have to agree the concept of him is pretty incredible.

I am glad you shared...I took a lot out of what you were saying.

edit on 6-1-2012 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

Thanks for the response.

Can you clarify for me what this means? ""But you must remain in him and bear fruit, or the father may cut you off.""

Ok, I think I'm begining to understand a little... Worship doesn't mean to fall to my knees praying and grovelling 24hrs a day but doing things that pleases God... like helping others? But what if I still don't accept Jesus as God?

I've been brought up in a very Catholic enviroment with aunts who are nuns so I find it hard to separate God from the vengeful image presented to me.
edit on 6-1-2012 by Mister_Bit because: A Eureka moment....

To God you are expected to bear fruit based on what you have been given. So for now you have been given the knowledge that doing good things for others is good. So you do these things bringing joy to those you serve thus you are bearing good fruit. If you accept what I am saying then when you can continue to do these things but as a believer you may add an encouraging word or two from Christ, not trying to evangelize just showing that person that you acknowledge Christ lives in you and guides you to do these good things.

Someday you may be baptized by Christ when this happens you will be both confused and excited. Can’t really explain it. Do not worry about this though simply worry about understanding the word and having faith that he lives in you and wants you to keep doing good things. Jesus knows what each of us is capable of, when he baptizes you with the Holy Spirit you are expected to serve him much more completely because he has revealed himself completely to you and filled you with his love. If this is meant to happen in your life it will.

I assume you feel joy when you do the things that you instinctively knew were right. Think about the emotion joy for a moment. It is not love because love is a warm feeling that makes you smile. Now think about joy. Joy is a complete satisfaction, like when children are born. That joy comes from inside. Can you explain where it comes from? The bible says that when one is baptized with the Holy Spirit, not with water, it is as if who they were died and their desire changes to do only what is good. Then they are filled with Joy.

So you see you do things that please god and you feel joy. This is Jesus loving you. This is why you continue to do these things. If you read through my posts you will find that I am not like other Christians. I don’t agree with much of today’s modern church. I don’t believe that we are to judge. I believe that anyone that says if you are not a Christian you go to hell is mistaken.

So myself if someone is an unbeliever I always want to leave them in loving prayer so that someday they may welcome me back and give me yet another opportunity to change their heart with the message of Christ.
It is my belief that it is best for you to accept that Immanuel, God with us, lives inside of you because he does. But if you continue to do those things that you know are right then you do the things that please Christ. Jesus says whoever does the will of my father, is my brother or sister in heaven.

If you want to know for sure if Christ is real, seek him. I cannot prove to you what I say but he can. Jesus promises that if you seek him, which is to read the bible, that he will send you the Holy Spirit to interpret the bible for you. It is really up to you he was always there for you and he waits patiently for you. If the whole bible seems too complicated start with the New Testament, you will need to read it more than once, and have faith that the Holy Spirit will teach you.

One last piece of advice, if you choose to read do two things. Pick a translation that you feel is easy to read and second forget everything you ever heard and let the Holy Spirit teach you. Why would you take a lesson from man when you can be taught by God?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I thought this was a separate enough thought that I was post a second reply. Don’t worry about the relationship between the father, son and spirit. The only thing you truly have to have faith in is that they are all real.

Here is how I look at it. I look at it as sort of a family that makes up the variables of one love. In earthly terms Father, Mother, and Son make up the different variables of love. Each part is equally necessary for us to understand love but are all part of one. I believe the 3 is best understood this way. They are all equally necessary to form the understanding of love. The Son and the Holy Spirit are subject to the father but are equally part of the love that makes up the father. In this way they are subject to the father and one with the father.

My analogy leaves open whatever possibility one would like to come to. If it is easier for you to see the Father, Son and Spirit as completely separate that is acceptable. For some it is easier for them to understand them as one, which is also acceptable.

If you will read for yourself the Holy Spirit will teach you in a way that you are comfortable understanding.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awoken4Ever
reply to post by IblisLucifer

I will throw one back at you that I play mental masturbation games with for hours at a time. What if the biggest deception was actually that he is the Lord? What if part of the deception was for you to actually experience and feel Christ and/or God in all aspects, and then pull the rug out from under you in the end? If he was that good, our minds wouldn't be able to wrap ourselves around that trick for what it really is.

I am not claiming that to be the case at all, but that truly would be the ultimate deception. Then we would really be living in hell, without knowing it just yet. To the amateur and inexperienced, I can't lie and say that I don't worry about this at all. What better deception in this world could one create other than to "not" let you know you are already in hell, give you the complete false hope, only for it to be taken away from you later. If hell is eternal, then it could be a vicious cycle that just goes on for eternity. That's what I would do if I was him, and had that kind of power.

I can't help but toy with this one for hours on end at times. What I say here does no justice for what can go through my head when I entertain it though.

It seems to be that if we can be "so" deceived by him, and the bible says we will be, then we have yet to even understand the ultimate deception he is capable of doing. We here things like the false "Messiah" stuff but how can one truly be ready not to be ultimately deceived.

I don't know...it troubles me when I think about it too much...kind of scary.

That leads me to wondering about my OP and what more there really might be that I don't know yet. Is there truly protection from the "ultimate" deception? We like to think there is but is there really? (rhetoric questions...not that I am looking for a specific answer)

Honestly what makes more sense that the devil and god are both separate entities and your lord is gods son

Or

If you think of the mind of god as schizophrenic with multiple personality disorders all of which are bi-polar the latter sounds like reality to me but im just a piece of the bat sh*t mind of god it drives me nuts because i see why the devil wants humanity gone the same reason i wish life had a mute remote for some people ones mind is peace full when not filled with the thoughts of others Peace cool but boring at times although and to be a God without a Goddess is the worst place i could imagine

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IblisLucifer

You may want to consider a schizophrenic universe where god and man must make do and there is no Satan but just the down-side of reality where we have to unify with God to exist in a meaningful way and take advantage of the better aspects of what may be expected.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join