It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The History of Sandwiches - What Is Your Favorite?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
OK, my favorite sandwich that most people won't like-
Kaiser roll
liverwurst
munster cheese
pickle slices
brown mustard

yum

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth... HAHA! Gotta love a good kaiser roll though!

I am kaiser, watch me roll

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

The Reuben sandwich is great! One year for about 6 months....I ate a Reuben everyday for lunch...I was addicted!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chemley

Actually that sounds good to me. When times are lean....that is what I like about the sandwich....we all can be inventive and create a meal.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Thank you for this fun thread! So nice. Anyway, thought of another one. In my house we love pizza so sometimes for lunch I will do this:

Spaghetti sauce on a tortilla
add mozzarella cheese to taste
Turkey pepperoni on top (sworn off pork
)
then add pizza seasoning or italian seasoning

roll and micro for 30 secs or leave flat and bake for 10 minutes.

It is fun for the kids and tasty for everyone!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

I like all of those ingredients...but have not had the liverwurst sandwich quite in that combo before.

When I was pregnant I had to have liverwurst sandwiches on whole wheat bread with mayo.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Totally fun thread - great idea. Happy New Year!

My favorite -

fried eggplant, fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers and balsamic vinaigrette dressing on Brooklyn italian bread. Cause they don't make italian bread like it anywhere else - even Italy........

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Chemley

You are welcome! I am going to try this recipe...fun...easy...and I know it will taste good too. I am thinking of putting a good green salad with it....lunch!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
One of my favorites is hard fried egg with a slice of cheese, bacon and mayo.

Can get kinda messy because the egg tends to slide in the mayo, but well worth it.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

I have not had that sandwich before...it sound delicious!...so what can I use for bread...I live in Seattle...lol...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thank you for contributing to the history of the sandwich. Now I bet at least by tomorrow...everyone who responded in this thread will have a sandwich!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Thank you sweety..

gonna go make a samich now..lol

love a good samich..

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

That recipe is a wonderful breakfast sandwich...I may just have one tomorrow morning.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
One of my favorites is hard fried egg with a slice of cheese, bacon and mayo.

Can get kinda messy because the egg tends to slide in the mayo, but well worth it.

Funny you mention the sliding. One of the things I have started to pay attention to, mostly for taste combinations, but also for the cohesiveness of a sandwich, is the order of ingredients. That might sound a bit over thought, but I think it does make a difference. This sandwich sounds pretty good. May I suggest - top down:

Top Bread
mayo
bacon
cheese
egg
bottom bread

Once again, probably over thinking this but using toasted English muffins will mitigate that "slippage" as it were. Also, for an addition fat laddened yummy experience, go ahead and butter those bad boys! Yea!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Your welcome...I hope you are enjoying your sandwich!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I always get a craving for a chip butty every now and then
I'm sure I don't have to explain what one is
but just incase .....

Breadcake (buttered) or breadbun/breadroll depending on your location
Chips covered in salt and malt vinegar or fries to the americans on here

Simple, boring but really tasty!

I like my sandwhiches plain! bacon, ham, beef, chicken, sausage etc between two slices of bread! yummy! i'm boring and proud!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
One of my good ole favorites is the peanutbutter and jelly (grape) from my childhood. And not to forget a tall glass of milk.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by valiant

You like 1 or 2 ingredients between slices of bread....its simple...but not boring. A good sandwich with a friend...now that is a wonderful time to me!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DblxJ

I am glad you mentioned this. There are so many kinds of peanut butters and jams and jellies...plus breads. I like them with milk too...and the milk has to be really cold...that just compliments the sandwich.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Shrimp or oyster poboys.....also muffalettas! Sooooo good!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
for me, It's hard to say, I'll eat anything as a sandwich," i LOVE me some sammiches", Ultimately, though, I really do love a great classic Bologna and Cheese, with some additions (Lettuce, tomato, pickles, black pepper) but the bologna has to be German, and cheese can vary.

Thanks for the fun post, and for making me hungry. I just finished a Cooked Ham, Brie breakfast sandwich on a hot dog bun......MMMMMM

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join