It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles Plagued by Arson Fires as Authorities Search for Culprit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Several more cars burned in suspected arson attacks in the Los Angeles area early Saturday morning, and authorities investigated if they were connected to nearly two dozen deliberately set blazes a day earlier, police said.

Link

A string of arson fires have plaqued LA since about a week now. My first guess would say a eco group is behind this or simply a bunch of teens.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

It could be Joe Biden. If he torches enough cars he figures that people would have to buy their crappy Volt.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I just heard about this tonight. No
suspects with that many car fires?
No one has seen anything

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Sounds like a bunch of teens or something...? The story seems to be talking about parked cars on the street, at random? I'd think Earth Liberation Front or something if it were car lots or their personal favorite, Humvee lots..but this is just fire bugs out causing real dangerous trouble by the sound of it. How odd.... That is one heck of a way to pass the time and cause trouble.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Sounds like, Fight Club movie type activity. Either that or a pyro. Is it SUVs that are being burned too, seems like mostly sedans and smaller cars? Linked to the certain makes/models, then they could...link to ELF.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

Hmmm I googled ... burning cars december 2011 .. just trying to see if the problems extends beyond L.A. .

I haven't had a chance to follow -up yet.

I'm very interested to know if this burning car thing is caused by the hand of man or nature.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Jim Morrison's home was the first one torched.

Crazy looney people, expect more now that it's 2012

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I just heard about this tonight. No
suspects with that many car fires?
No one has seen anything

Possibly a time delay fuse (homemade, see "The Train" with Burt Lancaster) and simple gas.

The arsonist is very clever. Seems like.---------------------------------

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
www.csmonitor.com...

More cars torched New Years eve

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Just to update:

Man wanted in questioning in connection with LA arson fires. Description to be released soon -LAPD

new topics

top topics

join