It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Backs Off Threat to Close Strait of Hormuz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Iran backed down Saturday from its earlier threats to block the strategic oil route through the Strait of Hormuz, apparently confirming U.S. assertions that such threats packed more "bluster" than bite.

Link

It would appear that Iran has backed down from it threat which proves once again that they are simply all talk.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

Exactly, and not a threat to the safety of the west in the slightest.

We should take care with this nuclear situation, as I feel that Iran is doing nothing illegal by IAEA standards.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
No surprise. I wonder how this plays into the war scenario program discussed in an earlier thread? The OP was convinced the U.S. Navy would be destroyed in Hormuz. I can't understand why people still underestimate the formidable power of the American Navy.
edit on 31-12-2011 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

In times such as these I welcome civilized nations that are willing to talk, and less willing to kill or maim.

Unlike the US, which responds to overtures of peaceful talks with economic warfare designed, and intended to push us into a new conflict in the Persian Gulf

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Iran is the world's fourth-largest oil producer, with an output of about 4 million barrels of oil a day. It relies on oil exports for about 80 percent of its public revenues. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Truth is, Iran was never in a position to cut off one of their last and only unsanctioned lifelines.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

So, the US navy calling irans bluff makes us the bad guys here?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Oh, they could shut off the Straight for a few days.....

but then what? I think that they realize this.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Since roughly one third of Chinas oil comes from this area, I would think that the chinese had something to do with them backing down as closing this oil highway would hurt them.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Fake news, the day I believe this propaganda is the day I shoot myself in the head

Why do people post links to fake news?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

No, the fact that we are the most free nation in the world with the best opportunities to succeed with hard work makes us the bad guys to all the haters. This is just another excuse for all the USA bashers to come out in force again and disregard the facts.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

This is ATS it does not have to make sense. Just think of it as opposite world.

new topics

top topics

join