It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its official! we are at WAR with iran!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You all read about obama signing a declaration to stop firms doing business with Iran`s main bank - this is absolutly more or less the first step to surrounding, firing the first shot if you will.

It is only time now!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by admiralmary

And the drums beat louder I reckon.

Some U.S. officials believe that Tehran will view the bill signing itself as an act of war. The move could push Iran to take drastic measures, including an attempt to close the Strait of Hormuz, the world's most important channel for shipping crude oil. But while Iran's navy could theoretically disrupt tanker traffic there, which would send oil prices skyrocketing, in reality it would be almost impossible for Iran to block the waterway.

Mr. Obama has some flexibility in determining the strength and scope of the sanctions, which are intended to make it more difficult for Iran to sell its oil.

online.wsj.com...
Which will no doubtfully send oil prices upwards.

“The fact that I support this bill as a whole does not mean I agree with everything in it,” Obama said in a statement, citing limits on transferring detainees from the U.S. base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and requirements he notify Congress before sharing some defense missile information with Russia as problematic.

english.alarabiya.net...

edit on 31-12-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by admiralmary
You all read about obama signing a declaration to stop firms doing business with Iran`s main bank - this is absolutly more or less the first step to surrounding, firing the first shot if you will.

It is only time now!

I wouldn't go that far.... When I see the first missile or bullet flying back and forth then we are at war. I would count the United States flying military drones over my country and then crashing it the first step at going to war. I live in the united states and this government is just a big bully on the play ground of the world. We take take take and don't let any country do what they want but that is what our country was founded on. No wonder ever country hates us.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It's official, absolutely.... More or less?
Well, OK then.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo

It's official, absolutely.... More or less?
Well, OK then.
You left out Kinda Sorta

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Why not agree to the talks, let the inspectors go in, (insert something reasonable here)? Why rattle sabres and make hostilities MORE likely, instead of less? Either provide some solid proof they're a threat, or quit with the repetition of Iraq and restore some sanity here. Insist they prove a negative? It's stupid, and that's not how it works. PROVE they're a threat. If we can't, quit poking them with a stick, and shut up.

We're OBVIOUSLY a threat ourselves - where's the sanctions on us? Where are the weapons inspectors? "Oh, because we're america, it's only right and proper that we be the biggest war-maker of the last 60 years and puff up allegations and insert ourselves everywhere around the world."

Moral relativism, that's all it is, and it's disgusting.

Bonkers.
edit on 12/31/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/31/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Its official! we are at WAR with iran!

why ....because you say so , that's hardly "official!" now is it .

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You know, you seem pretty excited and exuberant about this notion. In fact you went as far as to say we are officially at war with Iran. beating the war drums much? Excuse my language, but guesa who gets shipped off to war if this does happen? Me, and my closest friends, and all the other lives you wish to risk. You people who wish or act to hasten war and violence in the name of everything that is wrong, you disgust us.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Understand and agree with the general post, but when you use the word "official" and throw in speculation about the future, it kind of doesn't work. It's not really "official" until Congress declares war, which will probably never happen again. But at least don't throw out that word until some overt explosions start happening and there is a propaganda justification of it.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I call bull#. Iran isn't stupid. Now that their bluff has been called they will wiggle and squirm in their chairs like the kindergarten minded misfits they are.

Excuse me while I chop off a kids hand for stealing my candy.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's official.
This thread is Unofficial

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You shouldn't start a thread with this
title without a source to back it up.
Its just your opinion.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think everyone knows we will eventually be occupying Iran, but saying we're at war already sounds a little premature.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Perhaps the bombers arent over Teheran yet, but the special ops boys are over the line, as well as their ppk surrogates...et al.
There obviously is some 5th column work going on in Iran.....they have had a few atomic scientists killed etc.....
Some Isrealis are dark enough to pass for Iranians and they must have agents inside Iran.....then theres the how of the virus infecting the nuke plants...how did it get into Iran?
i am sure it had to be planted.....
I would tend to agree it was official when they called for more special ops over the border a while back.....
What i fail to understand id the US govt has been caught lying so many times how do they maintain their credibility with their people?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient

I call bull#. Iran isn't stupid. Now that their bluff has been called they will wiggle and squirm in their chairs like the kindergarten minded misfits they are.

Excuse me while I chop off a kids hand for stealing my candy.

What the hell are you talking about? Are you saying that Iran planned to have these sanctions imposed to further there master plan, which of course is to let the USA invade and not even put up a fight? If so Im sure they wouldn't mind not being able to sell their oil also.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Yep,s&f....watch where the money moves,assets frozen etc etc

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xacto

No offence mate,but if getting shipped off to another war is such a big thing for you then why did you sign up??

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by admiralmary

It is only time now!

title is misleading, we're not at war, banks in the UK cut off Iran weeks ago and they're not at war either. Fix title before you confuse the illiterate.

top topics

join