It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Calls For New Nuclear Talks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
m.npr.org.../2011/12/31/144520640/iran-calls-for-new-nuclear-talks

Iran said Saturday it has proposed a new round of talks on its nuclear program with six world powers that have been trying for years to persuade Tehran to freeze aspects of its atomic work that could provide a possible pathway to weapons production.

I'm sure we have been down this path before? There is only one solution, and that's end the nuclear programme in it's entirety before sanctions will be lifted.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

end the nuclear programme in it's entirety

I can agree with this much, across the board. It only makes sense to have a nuke if your neighbors have one, but Iran does not have a nuke otherwise there would be indepenent evidence of this and not just a politically charged report. But since even peaceful nuclear programs can be dangerous as is the case with Fukishima, Japan, it is best for Iran to give up all nuclear development in its entirety, same goes with every other country. Imagine if sanctions were placed on Japan to eliminate all nuclear programs, it would have been a blessing in disguise instead of the disaster on their hands right now. America would be safer, too. So i agre, end the nuclear program, but end it in all countries.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There won't be an agreement reached because countries like America and Britain are not angry at Iran for trying to build nukes, they're angry because Iran want to enrich uranium and be self sufficient, or even provide energy for others.

The West wants a monopoly on future energy - That simple.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Because proving the end or absence of its related programs worked out so well for Iraq?

"There's no time for inspectors! Iraq, prove a negative and stand down or we're coming in!"

*bombbombbombbombinvadeinnocentlivesanduntoldwealthandhistoricaltreasureslost*

You really think Iran somehow proving, which we'll always make contrary claims to no matter what, will get us to say "Oh, cool. OK then"?

Keep dreaming.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

Not likely, nuclear power isnt exactly the wave of the future, it's proven to be unpredictable and dangerous. It's not even much of a money maker compared to oil. And on another note If Japan, Russia and United States have a hard time controlling meltdowns do you really want these boneheads playing around with it?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

Who are you calling boneheads?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Persia was a cradle of science in earlier times. Persian scientists contributed to the current understanding of nature, medicine, mathematics, and philosophy. Persians made important contributions to algebra and chemistry, invented the wind-power machine, and the first distillation of alcohol. Trying to revive the golden time of Persian science, Iran's scientists cautiously reach out to the world. Many individual Iranian scientists, along with the Iranian Academy of Medical Sciences and Academy of Sciences of Iran, are involved in this revival.

Iran is an example of a country that has made considerable advances through education and training, despite international sanctions in almost all aspects of research during the past 30 years. Iran's university population swelled from 100,000 in 1979 to 2 million in 2006. Seventy percent of its science and engineering students are women.[1] Iran's scientific progress is reported to be the fastest in the world.[2] Iran has made great strides in different sectors, including aerospace, nuclear science, medical development, as well as stem cell and cloning research.[3]

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

So smart in fact that they still havent figured out nuclear power.
Face it they're not that smart. If they were they would be one of the big boys on the block.

edit on 31-12-2011 by LongbottomLeaf because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2011 by LongbottomLeaf because: captilization issues

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

Face it they're not that smart. If they were they would be one of the big boys on the block.

What makes you think our country isn't run by boneheads?

Our leaders pull off one stupid stunt after another, and people like yourself are too boneheaded to notice. We invaded Iraq because our president at the time heard voices in his head.
Yet Iran is full of boneheads.....
edit on 31-12-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

What makes you think our country isn't run by boneheads?

Our leaders pull off one stupid stunt after another, and people like yourself are too boneheaded to notice. We invaded Iraq because our president at the time heard voices in his head.
Yet Iran is full of boneheads.....
edit on 31-12-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

Actually we invaded Iraq because it was part of a decades long neocon agenda which began with the PNAC statement that suggested a new pearl harbor needs to happen so they can garner public support. Magically 911 occured and allowed them to do everything they wanted to.

So we invaded Iraq, killed over a million civilians, allowed contractors like Haliburton to win a no bid contract, and then gave them a deal that said the more money they spend (our tax dollars) the more money they make. So they bought as many expensive things as possible like fully loaded escalades, and when they realized they couldn't spend enough, they had to start buying things and destroying them, so they could write it off, get a new one, and ultimatley earn more money. They also needed to supply the troops with clean water, but 65 of 68 water treatement plants failed to treat the water, and the troops probably drank all sorts of nasty stuff, which they may be feeling the effects of even today.

The troops were busy protecting US interests, and they probably couldn't be very moral because of the underlying theme of chritians versus muslims. Their superiors probably made them mean, which is why they tortured and killed innocent people. They also let a bunch of mercs into the country to shoot thousands of civilians up for fun.

And instead of rebuilding the countries infrastructure, we complained that some little kid wanted a bottle of water. "That little bastard doesn't deserve this!"

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Ofcourse the US is run by boneheads! That was never a question. But Im not talking about governments, I'm not even talking about weapons. I'm just saying I don't think we need another nuclear disaster. We're already screwed enough as it is. Take off your tinfoil hat and think about this for a second if I supported and trusted in the US government why would I be on a conspiracy theory website promoting peace and protection of the environment?...?
Go flex your fingers elsewhere Mr. Cool boobs

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Ofcourse the US is run by boneheads! That was never a question. But Im not talking about governments, I'm not even talking about weapons. I'm just saying I don't think we need another nuclear disaster. We're already screwed enough as it is. Take off your tinfoil hat and think about this for a second if I supported and trusted in the US government why would I be on a conspiracy theory website promoting peace and protection of the environment?...?
Go flex your fingers elsewhere Mr. Cool boobs

Huh?

I don't know you. You have all of 11 posts. You have no track record here. If you knew ATS you'd know plenty on here support our government.

What the hell does any of this have to do with tin foil hats? Don't say one thing and act like you said another. Judging by your dialogue, and the fact you think me stating Iran isn't run by boneheads is some conspiracy, you're about 12 years old, or quite the idiot.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Thats right you dont know me. Darn skippy I dont have a track record here that because I have a life intead. I didnt change anything I typed you just misinterpreted it. I wouldnt change my opinion to fit in with some geek on a website . Sorry get over yourself.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Im sure they are!!! They are skeert that they are about to be bombed back to the stone-age. Plus, if they are indeed very close to developing a nuke, then the "talks" can buy them enough time to git r done.

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Iran said Saturday it has proposed a new round of talks on its nuclear program with six world powers that have been trying for years to persuade Tehran to freeze aspects of its atomic work that could provide a possible pathway to weapons production.

I'm sure we have been down this path before? There is only one solution, and that's end the nuclear programme in it's entirety before sanctions will be lifted.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It's fairly obvious what happened, Iran blinked. Three Nimitz Class carriers within striking distance of your front door will do that.

Since Obama has signed the banking sanctions, (Hey what ever happened to that USA ending Iranian oil bourse you guy couldn't shut up about a few years ago?) so their only option is to return to talks, drag their feet to buy time and hope they can fend off additional sanctions.

new topics

top topics

join